GUILTY PA - Devan Knapp, 19, Brookville, 11 Jan 2013

That's the million dollar question for me. Here we have a 19 year old girl with a serious drug problem who according to court documents just got out of jail and was headed to an inpatient rehab program. Somehow she ends up with a brand new vehicle and is found dead inside that vehicle the first day she owns it.

Why on God's green earth would anyone buy her a brand new vehicle in the legal / toxicological state she was in? Was this a "got out of jail gift"? If so, wow. Here's a brand new car. Now go and have some fun before we send you to rehab!

I find this assumption really harsh without knowing the facts in this case. We don't know she had a serious drug addiction at this point in time. I'm not saying drugs aren't involved but hopefully her family isn't reading here and we just don't know. To make the leap that it is a get out of jail gift is a leap to say the least. What if she had an inheritance and chose to spend her money that way? What if she had become more responsible and it was a gift to herself? What if what if what if? We simply don't know yet.

Obviously she was facing charges, but I'm going to let the facts play out if indeed we ever learn what they are. I choose at this point in time not to judge but I understand the curiosity and respect everyone's need to understand what happened here.

Again, my heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

attachment.php

Rest in Peace, pretty girl. My thoughts and prayers are with the family~

Attachments

• RIPDevan Christene 19 yo.jpg
    RIPDevan Christene 19 yo.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 441
I find this assumption really harsh without knowing the facts in this case. We don't know she had a serious drug addiction at this point in time. I'm not saying drugs aren't involved but hopefully her family isn't reading here and we just don't know. To make the leap that it is a get out of jail gift is a leap to say the least.

I understand your feelings, but I just don't agree with them enough to discount the available facts.

Out of respect for the dead, I will not recount all of the damning evidence leading to the conclusions I made.

Agree to disagree. Maybe there is a condolences and well wishes website somewhere.

I agree with you, Coldpizza.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends. My heart hurts for all of them.

Please know I am not judging her or anyone else. At this time, I do not know enought about this particular case, but just in case this might make a difference to another person...

Just MOO, and generally speaking, it seems that many, especially young people, are living a high-risk lifestyle, without considering the dangers to which they may be exposing themselves.

It is true bad things can and do happen to anyone, but high-risk lifestyle increases the risk of getting hurt.

To them I say please stop for a moment and think about it. I don't want to and will not preach, but I want to say I care about you and I know your families and friends, and many others do, too. You matter and your are loved.

I find this assumption really harsh without knowing the facts in this case. We don't know she had a serious drug addiction at this point in time. I'm not saying drugs aren't involved but hopefully her family isn't reading here and we just don't know. To make the leap that it is a get out of jail gift is a leap to say the least. What if she had an inheritance and chose to spend her money that way? What if she had become more responsible and it was a gift to herself? What if what if what if? We simply don't know yet.

Obviously she was facing charges, but I'm going to let the facts play out if indeed we ever learn what they are. I choose at this point in time not to judge but I understand the curiosity and respect everyone's need to understand what happened here.

Again, my heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

I'm not going to speak further about this case after this post. Maybe once the autopsy's done and we find out more, but not until then.

But, JoCoKSEyes, as much as I disagree with him over certain cases, is kinda right to feel alarmed that such a young girl had enough money to have apparently bought an $25,600 car (Link: http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=428602 ), and then disappeared that very night. If the fact that her and a bunch of people (Almost) literally beat a kid's brains out over $100 worth of pills, I don't even want to think about what they might do over that much money
Link: http://exploreclarion.com/2012/05/26/man-assaulted-following-drug-related-dispute/

To answer your what-ifs: If it's her inheritance then that's that.
She already had at least one car (A Lexus), so I doubt that buying a brand spanking new sports car would be considered responsible.

And of course, MOO, IMHO, and all that wonderful jazz

Many girls in Devan's age group have hundreds, if not thousands of friends, followers, whatever. And based on the comments by the one guy on her profile, the weirdos sometimes are very interested in young, trusting, girls who may not have a very strong "hinky meter." I have no idea what happened to Devan, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if her being a happy go lucky and maybe too trusting of a person may have played a part.

Many girls in Devan's age group have hundreds, if not thousands of friends, followers, whatever. And based on the comments by the one guy on her profile, the weirdos sometimes are very interested in young, trusting, girls who may not have a very strong "hinky meter." I have no idea what happened to Devan, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if her being a happy go lucky and maybe too trusting of a person may have played a part.

You're probably right. She trusted the wrong person :(

Wow, did not want to get my night started with this kind of news. Poor girl.

If past experience is any indication, this sounds like an accidental OD case. See a lot like this in my area, especially when they have been serving time and don't have anything available to them during incarceration. After going months with nothing, the smallest amount of opiate can put one into cardiac arrest and become deadly. At least a couple times a month we find users like that in their cars around here, half the time they have their kids with them. Probably better than going out violently, but sad either way.

Was she still hanging out with the friends who took a baseball bat to the dealer? I'd check them out if I were LE, because they are obviously the violent sort (as was she if that case is good against her).

I do wonder about OD, too, of course. Prescription pills can cause OD at times when the user doesn't expect it at all. Maybe she also had some celebratory drinks over her new car? That's usually how folks end up dying with pills.

Given the dealer beat-down, it could also be another drug-deal-related thing. It sounds like Sheetz may be a place to ask questions on that front, imho.

How far away from Sheetz was her car found?

Very good questions, writer7.

Any answers or explanations? Mother's reactions?

May this beautiful young woman rest in peace.

A young life cut short. So sad.

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

Her mother last heard from her on Friday evening around 11
Devan was found Tuesday morning around 6:30/7:00 a.m.

where was she from Friday to this morning?

it seems like her car was "out in the open" since a passerby found her. If she had been there since Friday evening, wouldn't she have been found sooner? Wonder if someone "drove" her there and left her?

hopefully, they can track her movements from her phone.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/body-female-found-clarion-co/nTxRq/

Her mother last heard from her on Friday evening around 11
Devan was found Tuesday morning around 6:30/7:00 a.m.

where was she from Friday to this morning?

it seems like her car was "out in the open" since a passerby found her. If she had been there since Friday evening, wouldn't she have been found sooner? Wonder if someone "drove" her there and left her?

hopefully, they can track her movements from her phone.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/body-female-found-clarion-co/nTxRq/

Wow. After seeing the road and area, especially by the gate, I'm thinking she was taken there. I now want to know how long she has been deceased. It is a very dense area, but there are homes on all the roads. Wonder if the witnesses went that way to work yesterday?

Yeah, that news video at the link pretty much confirms that it wasn't a car accident. The location is odd also. I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a homicide.

If this turns out to be a homicide, has anyone else been looking at Ridgway, PA? As in creeper's hometown? IMO, looking at the map, the relationship of origination point to what looks like the crime scene indicates staging by a criminal ham-handedly trying to orchestrate jurisdictional issues for LE.

I visited her facebook page and when I clicked on one of his friends profile, I saw that he posted a screen caption with very insulting messages apparently directed to Devan and possibly posted on her fb page on the 2nd of january.

These message were very offensive and if I undestood they've been written by someone from this friend's family. He seemed really pissed about these messages and said they have been deleted since. He also implied if Devan's death was ruled a homicide he would want the police to look at the people who were insulting Devan this way.

I'm not sure if I can't post the link here.

Edit : I went to the friend's FB page to save the screen caption but it is no longer here... So pissed I forgot to save it yesterday night and to write the name of the guy who was insulting her...

I visited her facebook page and when I clicked on one of his friends profile, I saw that he posted a screen caption with very insulting messages apparently directed to Devan and possibly posted on her fb page on the 2nd of january.

These message were very offensive and if I undestood they've been written by someone from this friend's family. He seemed really pissed about these messages and said they have been deleted since. He also implied if Devan's death was ruled a homicide he would want the police to look at the people who were insulting Devan this way.

I'm not sure if I can't post the link here.

Edit : I went to the friend's FB page to save the screen caption but it is no longer here... So pissed I forgot to save it yesterday night and to write the name of the guy who was insulting her...

What were they saying?

If this turns out to be a homicide, has anyone else been looking at Ridgway, PA? As in creeper's hometown? IMO, looking at the map, the relationship of origination point to what looks like the crime scene indicates staging by a criminal ham-handedly trying to orchestrate jurisdictional issues for LE.

Ahh,the creeper...can't be hard to discern him from the weirdo comments he makes. And there's lots of em too. He had an interest in her apparently...wonder if the comments are still there.

Kids,young adults,etc keep your social media private...not saying this had any role in this butin this day-in-age you need to for safety & privacy concerns.

I want to know how long she was dead. A car accident can/could be staged. If she ws already intoxicated it could be seen as an unfortunate accident. Moo

Was looking for updated articles and something caught my eye. Not sure if I'm reading more into it than I should, but:

PSP report that the victim, Devan C. Knapp of Brookville, was discovered in the vehicle along Summerville Drive in Millcreek Township, Clarion County, by a passerby.

BBM

Wouldn't they just say her name rather than include the word victim if they have no suspicion on cause of death?

Hope the ME will release a prelim on the autopsy today, but no doubt they will run a tox exam as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back