Found Deceased PA - Dianna Brice, 21, Preg, bf torched car, Philadelphia, 31 Mar 2021 *Justin Smith wanted; Reward*

If the “pharmacy” in Kensington was really a suboxone clinic (I don’t know the precise term), would she have had an interaction with a nurse (maybe a domestic violence screening question)? Even if it was just a RX pick-up, what are the chances of a security cam?

Fairly sure Kensington Hospital has a clinic. That's Kensington. I'd say most likely a big yes on cameras there, and a guard.

There's one on N Front but that's more Fairhill.

Up on Girard at 8th is the methadone clinic. Again not Kensington. I'd have to bet they have cameras until somebody decides to break them. The clients from here tend to congregate at Front and Girard where gentrification is bringing $$$$$$ for a tiny home and a view of antics before clients hit the El to go home.

Honestly I don't think Dianna went to any of them. They have a clinic in Landsdowne. Closer to Upper Darby. If any of the above (there could be more) the best bet for a camera would be Kensington hospital.

Fairly sure Kensington Hospital has a clinic. That's Kensington. I'd say most likely a big yes on cameras there, and a guard.

There's one on N Front but that's more Fairhill.

Up on Girard at 8th is the methadone clinic. Again not Kensington. I'd have to bet they have cameras until somebody decides to break them. The clients from here tend to congregate at Front and Girard where gentrification is bringing $$$$$$ for a tiny home and a view of antics before clients hit the El to go home.

Honestly I don't think Dianna went to any of them. They have a clinic in Landsdowne. Closer to Upper Darby. If any of the above (there could be more) the best bet for a camera would be Kensington hospital.

I didn't even know there was a Kensington Hospital. I can't imagine a more depressing place to work (I would assume) other than a slaughter house. God bless those healthcare workers that work there. And everywhere else.

I didn't even know there was a Kensington Hospital. I can't imagine a more depressing place to work (I would assume) other than a slaughter house. God bless those healthcare workers that work there. And everywhere else.

In no way do I want to take away the horrific murder of Dianna. Sadly places like Kensington hospital play a role.

Indeed these Healthcare workers are Saints. Plus they have to have big time street smarts.

It's a very old hospital. My mom was born there when it was Kensington Women's Hospital. She's in her 80's. A gorgeous Church stood by it. Saint Bonaventure's.

My DD has a friend who is I guess an intern at Penn. They do go there to check and treat addicts who have gotten awful diseases from IV drug use, and living on the street.

Sending extra prayers for Dianna's family. Also thanks, love and light to all Healthcare workers.

If the “pharmacy” in Kensington was really a suboxone clinic (I don’t know the precise term), would she have had an interaction with a nurse (maybe a domestic violence screening question)? Even if it was just a RX pick-up, what are the chances of a security cam?
Ditto! I was just thinking almost the same thing. I was thinking more along the lines of Methadone. Suboxone usually comes by script via required monthly drug screens coupled with some kind of talk therapy or AA meetings. Methadone is sometimes given each day in a liquid form. Offices get pretty strict with drug seeking patients when they don’t comply with their pain management contract. They’ll throw their behind out of that office in a heartbeat. Addicts must have their replacement substitute for their drug of choice, usually heroin or opioids. If you’re not an addict you wouldn’t really understand how critical the word “need” is.

Why was she going to a pharmacy in Kensington? Are there even traditional pharmacies there? Does the reason for the visit to Kensington have anything to do with her crying (but not telling her mother why) or why JS didn’t want the mother to file a missing person report?
"Kensington" is a big neighborhood in Philly and can refer to a pretty large area. Olde Kensington is pretty trendy and as nice a neighborhood as Fishtown now. In the whole of Kensington, the closer you are to either Aramingo or Cecil B. Moore, the better the neighborhood is. It's only a part of the whole neighborhood where the drug market is, so, yes, there are traditional pharmacies in Kensington just like there are in any neighborhood.

The bigger question is why someone from UD/Lansdowne would use a pharmacy in any part of Kensington. There should be no apparent logical reason to go all the way across the city to go to a pharmacy.

I wonder if they made that part up about prescription collections because they maybe didn’t want people to just assume the worst of her and not bother looking?

Also, here’s a video of the car going up in flames.

Katie Katro

Olde Kensington

The bigger question is why someone from UD/Lansdowne would use a pharmacy in any part of Kensington. There should be no apparent logical reason to go all the way across the city to go to a pharmacy.

Not the time or place to debate, but that term "Olde Kensington " makes "leftovers" shudder. Like Portfishington. We can't wait for Harrowgate to get trendy.

In all seriousness you're absolutely right. Yeadon, Upper Darby, Landsdowne. Heck, even Southwest has to have a pharmacy.

Unless there's a sketchy Pharmacist "down the way". Code for old school Kensington.

I wonder if they made that part up about prescription collections because they maybe didn’t want people to just assume the worst of her and not bother looking?

Also, here’s a video of the car going up in flames.

Katie Katro

Beans, thanks for that.

For all we know he may have went missing for good as well watching that.

Sadly, it could be true. Everyone deserves to be looked for and found.

Related older article:

What happens if the coronavirus sweeps through Kensington Avenue?

That’s the fear on everyone’s mind in a neighborhood that has no equivalent elsewhere in America, a few square urban miles overwhelmed by a vast open-air drug market and its customers: the hundreds of young people with addiction, many of them homeless, who live and use opioids, huddled on the main thoroughfare.
View attachment 291608
Here, vulnerable people shoulder at once the effects of several devastating public health crises: The grip of addiction. The diseases that can follow — like last summer’s hepatitis A outbreak. The gun violence sparked by the drug trade, outmatched only by the staggering fatal overdose rate.

The worry about an outbreak in Kensington stems not just from the fact that the neighborhood’s homeless population has almost nowhere else to go and cannot effectively socially distance — not to mention risking overdose if they use drugs alone.

It’s because many residents with homes are unable to stay there. They are low-paid essential workers required to report for duty. They don’t have enough money to shop in bulk, and must make daily forays for supplies. Many have precarious health care, or are dealing with underlying conditions worsened by poverty and potentially made deadly by the virus.

“No one deserves what’s brewing in Kensington,” said Councilmember María Quiñones-Sánchez, who represents most of the neighborhood.
As the pandemic surges, ‘no one deserves what’s brewing in Kensington.’
https://www.inquirer.com/health/cor...d-19-coronavirus-respite-center-20200409.html
kensington pa pharmacy - Google Search
kensington and allegheny is exactly where JS says he left her....

Not the time or place to debate, but that term "Olde Kensington " makes "leftovers" shudder. Like Portfishington. We can't wait for Harrowgate to get trendy.

In all seriousness you're absolutely right. Yeadon, Upper Darby, Landsdowne. Heck, even Southwest has to have a pharmacy.

Unless there's a sketchy Pharmacist "down the way". Code for old school Kensington.
Yeah, exactly. To get from Lansdowne to Kensington, they'd pass through Clark Park, U-City, Center City, and Northern Liberties. I'm sure they'd pass by dozens of pharmacies along that route, so that whole story doesn't even come close to passing the smell test.

kensington and allegheny is exactly where JS says he left her....

C, Dianna is actually on the Kensington Beach photo page. Family looking for her prior to her being found deceased.

It makes no sense he said he "left" her there then her body is found in Southwest? Not far from the car no less.

The whole pharmacy thing has to be a farce. JMO. Maybe the poor girl was dope sick? Although there's no heroin out there anymore. Or he had business down there? Took her on that run?

Whoever left her in SW knows that area. Girls go missing from K&A all the time. Then show up murdered closer to home?

Theory? Maybe he's murdered too? Sad, sad. It's always ends up sad. Thank you for caring.

Yeah, exactly. To get from Lansdowne to Kensington, they'd pass through Clark Park, U-City, Center City, and Northern Liberties. I'm sure they'd pass by dozens of pharmacies along that route, so that whole story doesn't even come close to passing the smell test.

It's a shame. Two young people should be enjoying the day in Clark Park. Instead there's a murdered girl with a 4 year old and baby on the way.

Beans may be right. The family perhaps didn't disclose the "medication" for fear they wouldn't look for her immediately. A quick search on here for Nicole Murray proves that along with many other girls.

Yep, his smell test stunk.

Peace. We care!

Oh, big welcome to Websleuths Actuary0!

I don't have Twitter, but Dianna's dad spoke with @BradHudTV.

Brandon Hudleson one of our local news guys.

Think it's @NBC

Dianna didn't do drugs. Didn't smoke. Was always home. Dad was watching her 4 year old while her and mom were at laundromat. Smith told them he let her out in Southwest.

He better hope the cops find him before her dad.

It’s so strange having to recalibrate my mind around the word Kensington. To those of us in UK it represents and is associated with the complete opposite end of the lifestyle spectrum.

It's a shame. Two young people should be enjoying the day in Clark Park. Instead there's a murdered girl with a 4 year old and baby on the way.

Beans may be right. The family perhaps didn't disclose the "medication" for fear they wouldn't look for her immediately. A quick search on here for Nicole Murray proves that along with many other girls.

Yep, his smell test stunk.

Peace. We care!

Oh, big welcome to Websleuths Actuary0!
Thanks. I've been a casual lurker for a long time. I just follow the PA cases. I don't like to get involved in these discussions unless there is something that I actually know about (like Philly neighborhoods). I registered to comment on Anna M's case because there was a question about the husband's actuarial work. I'll return to watching from the corner again now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn
Back