Deceased/Not Found PA - Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi, 55, last seen by husband, phone & car left behind, Sellersville, Bucks Co, 10 Oct 2022

Weintraub is the Bucks County District Attorney, so there would have been no reason for him to speak on the Snyder children’s homicides as they occurred—as you noted!—in Berks County, outside his jurisdiction.

Also, FWIW, Berks County’s DA *did* hold at least one press conference on the Snyder case: Berks DA: Killing of 2 kids by Berks mother ‘horrific, tragic’

All true @realanastasia but I guess my post was unclear since my point was the DA here was first out of the gate versus the County Sheriff. This is not typical.

And in the Berks CO case, we did not hear from the DA until the Snyder mother was arrested, several months after her children were found barely clinging to life.

from Colmar (about 7mi away) there is a train to Phila
Rome2rio
IMO much too far to walk. Also very hazardous walking the shoulder of 309 and Bethlehem Pike/Main Street (old 309), especially in the dark. A rideshare or other prearranged ride to Colmar or Lansdale stations using a burner phone would make more sense.
Ironically there was once a passenger train through Sellersville, SEPTA's Bethlehem Line (I rode it, yes it was a long time ago). Bethlehem Line
The tracks (good for only 10 mph) are still there as far as Quakertown, owned by SEPTA but used only by a shortline, the East Penn RR, partly for freight customers and partly to store other railroads' unneeded but undepreciated freight cars. Which brings up an interesting question: could Beth have walked these tracks to Lansdale or another location?

Following ... waiting for more information. In the meantime, I don't believe I have ever heard/read the type of comments from a first press conference by a DA. Just some of his phrases are unique to the typical verbiage used to apprise reporters and the public about a missing person.

For example:
...We continue to hold out hope that we can find Beth Capaldi and reunite her with her family, but we're not ruling anything out at this time. But please help us if you can, we really could use it.
...We're still hopeful that we can find Ms. Capaldi alive, but we're prepared for any eventuality.
... I know that that's pretty sketchy, but that's all the current information that we have.

Maybe it's just me ... but I don't recall this type of of candid, honest, transparency so early on in a missing person's investigation, but

I was hoping we would hear some sort of update on Beth.
This case is mum. Not sure what's going on with the investigation. Not sure why there is no police led grid searches with volunteers yet. No news from some of the closest family members - they appear to know nothing. Valuable lost time perhaps. Nothing makes sense right now. She could be alive but why would she run away from her daughter, <modsnip - no link> Did she leave and have an accident/fall? Or something sinister perhaps? Stumped

Last edited by a moderator:
This case is mum. Not sure what's going on with the investigation. Not sure why there is no police led grid searches with volunteers yet. No news from some of the closest family members - they appear to know nothing. Valuable lost time perhaps. Nothing makes sense right now. She could be alive but why would she run away from her daughter, her best friend, and sick mother too? Did she leave and have an accident/fall? Or something sinister perhaps? Stumped
I think this is a homicide investigation, and probably has been for a while. I don't expect to hear anything until there's a major development.

I think this is a homicide investigation, and probably has been for a while. I don't expect to hear anything until there's a major development.
Yep. They just haven't given the public that information but it sounds like the language they are using has led them in that direction. Right now they are building a case.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't read anything about a search, either voluntary or by warrant, of her home to discover any evidence of a crime, unexplained prints and so forth. I don't think she walked away. From what little has been revealed, she doesn't seem like someone who would just up and leave, but I guess you never know for sure. As for her sticking to home and family, I don't think that necessarily means she was lonely or unhappy. That describes me, and I am far from depressed. MOO

In fairness to LE, this thread did not open until two weeks after BC already missing (last seen Oct 10). I think it's possible that LE searched the area before the news link dated 10/26 was posted to open this thread. MOO

10/27/22

The Bucks County District Attorney’s office is now involved in the investigation into the disappearance of a 55-year-old woman from upper Bucks County.

[..]

According to police, Capaldi was last seen at the home she shares with her husband near the intersection of High and E. Church streets in Sellersville borough on Monday, Oct. 10.

The Perkasie Police Department is involved in the investigation, as Perkasie Police provide law enforcement coverage for neighboring Sellersville.

Authorities noted that Capaldi is a homebody and that her disappearance is out of character.

[..]

“We continue to hold out hope that we can find Beth Capaldi and reunite her with her family, but we are not ruling anything out at this time,” Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said Wednesday. “Please help us if you can. We really can use it.”

[..]

Anyone who has seen Beth Capaldi or who observed anything out of the ordinary is being asked to report that information to Bucks County Detectives 215-348-6354 and Perkasie Borough Police Department 215-257-6876, or to submit a tip to buckscrimetips@buckscounty.org or online via the Perkasie Police’s Crimewatch site or via the Bucks County District Attorney’s Crimewatch site.

Video on search for Beth and brief word from her MIL.

Reporter - About 50 people mapped out areas they'd go to hopefully find Elizabeth Capaldi. People search nearby creeks, a park and railroad tracks in Sellersville and Perkasie.

Volunteer - There's a lot of abandoned trains up there. We are walking, looking under, around, inside. Any clues, anything she may have dropped, any signs of a struggle.

Reporter - They also looked around the neighbourhood near High and East Church streets. That's where the 55 year old lives and was last seen on October 10th.

MIL - She's never gone missing.

Reporter - Her mother-in-law tells me Capaldi's husband is frantically worried. Same for her daughter E, who reported Capaldi missing on October 12th.

MIL - (talks to camera) Call E and let us know you are all right.

Reporter - Last week, the Bucks County DA and Perkasie Borough Police Department announced they were investigating the case. Tonight they said there's no update. They say Capaldi vanished without taking her car keys, cell phone or car.

(plays clip from presser) "It's just been my experience that people don't go missing unless they intend to go missing. There was a horrific accident or there was some terrible foul play."

MIL - Her dad dying and my husband dying. Her mom doesn't know her, she's in a home.

Reporter - Her in-law fearing one of the two possibilities.

MIL - Maybe she just reached maximum density and couldn't handle it anymore and left. Or, somebody could have seen her, she's an attractive woman. They could have followed her home.

Reporter - Some people in that group tell me while they were searching in the creeks and along the trails, they found some articles of clothing as well as some jewellery. They plan to hand it over to investigators and hope that that could be a clue or two that could lead them to where Mrs Capaldi might be.

Reporter - About 50 people mapped out areas they'd go to hopefully find Elizabeth Capaldi. People search nearby creeks, a park and railroad tracks in Sellersville and Perkasie.

Volunteer - There's a lot of abandoned trains up there. We are walking, looking under, around, inside. Any clues, anything she may have dropped, any signs of a struggle.

Reporter - They also looked around the neighbourhood near High and East Church streets. That's where the 55 year old lives and was last seen on October 10th.

Reporter - Some people in that group tell me while they were searching in the creeks and along the trails, they found some articles of clothing as well as some jewellery. They plan to hand it over to investigators and hope that that could be a clue or two that could lead them to where Mrs Capaldi might be.

RSBBM, interesting - would love to hear more on whether any of these items belong to Beth.

MIL - She's never gone missing.

Reporter - Her mother-in-law tells me Capaldi's husband is frantically worried. Same for her daughter E, who reported Capaldi missing on October 12th.

MIL - (talks to camera) Call E and let us know you are all right.

Reporter - Last week, the Bucks County DA and Perkasie Borough Police Department announced they were investigating the case. Tonight they said there's no update. They say Capaldi vanished without taking her car keys, cell phone or car.

(plays clip from presser) "It's just been my experience that people don't go missing unless they intend to go missing. There was a horrific accident or there was some terrible foul play."

MIL - Her dad dying and my husband dying. Her mom doesn't know her, she's in a home.

Reporter - Her in-law fearing one of the two possibilities.

MIL - Maybe she just reached maximum density and couldn't handle it anymore and left. Or, somebody could have seen her, she's an attractive woman. They could have followed her home.

Thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back