GUILTY PA - Ellen Robb, 49, beaten to death, Montgomery County, 22 Dec 2006

ohdear said:
And again, he's dresssed for the garage sale- not his trial. Is this some kind of new strategy?? I don't undertand this at all.
I don't think I've ever seen a smartly-dressed professor! I'm not making fun of that, but in all seriousness the ones I had dressed rather sloppy most of the time.

Maybe his lawyer thinks dressing like that will help the defense. ?

I feel so sorry for their daughter. What a horrible, rotten man he is.

Do keep us updated luthersmama and anyone else in the area. I am still interested in seeing justice done for this beautiful woman.

curious1 said:
Do keep us updated luthersmama and anyone else in the area. I am still interested in seeing justice done for this beautiful woman.

Amen! :clap:

Do you know where the trial will be held?
Is it open to the public and if so, can one just show up and attend the trial?

Anyone can attend any trial. You don't have to "sign in" or tell anyone who you are or why you are there. The court house belongs to us all, as tax payers and you have every right to be there. If you are questioned at all, it would be by a reporter in the hallway, nothing like that is going to go on inside the court room. All you have to say is, "I'm here out of curiousity", or "it's none of your darn business", but chances are, no one will give you a second glance. There will probably be a lot of spectators at the trial.

Do you know where the trial will be held?
Is it open to the public and if so, can one just show up and attend the trial?

It will be at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown.

There will probably be a line of people waiting to get in. There are lots of retired folks who go to all sorts of trials for entertainment. It is possible that there will not be enough seats for everyone who would like to get in.

You will have to go through a metal detector and put your bag through an xray machine. Some courthouse rules prohibit bringing a camera phone into court. Best to leave yours at home or in the car if you have one, otherwise they put it in a drawer and you have to pick it up on the way out.

Thanks for the information. Although I thought as much I wasn't sure what the situation was with a murder trial like this one with so much publicity. I checked it out with the DA's Office and I was told it's most probable the trial will not be until the fall. At least Raffi Robb is in custody where he belongs, and not free on bail.

Thanks again.

I didn't see this mentioned aywhere, but I heard that Raffi Robb's mother passed away in Israel not too long ago. He wasn't able to go to the funeral being held in jail on murder charges awaiting a trial. I thought of all this terrible loss, and how Olivia has been touched by it so brutally at such a young age. Her mother killed, her father in prison awaiting trial for murdering her, a grandmother who passed away a few months after all of this happened, having to move and start school somewhere else and make new friends. I am grateful Ellen's brothers and their families, Ellen's mother and all of their friends are there for Olivia.

I didn't learn about Raffi Robb's mother's death from a post. I was told by Olivia.

I took a peek at the docket. Trial is currently scheduled for November 26.

Raffi has been granted permission to go to a Dr. in August to have a "thyroid biopsy and any other testing deemed medically necessary".

I took a peek at the docket. Trial is currently scheduled for November 26.

Raffi has been granted permission to go to a Dr. in August to have a "thyroid biopsy and any other testing deemed medically necessary".

Thanks for the up-date!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneSays1989!