PA - Five girls dead, 5 injured in Amish school shooting, 2 Oct 2006

2sisters said:
I wonder if he is a closet homosexual and thats where his anger comes from and it is the only way to control his urges.

That's pretty much what everyone thinks about him (around here). We see that group all the time since their church is about an hour from where we live.

It's really sad to see the young people at the protests. They just smile and wave these horrible signs and you just have to feel sad for them. They didn't have a chance with a hate-monger at the helm.

From what I understand, pretty much everyone in the group is related to each other. And I've also heard that some of them are attorneys and they are just waiting for someone to smack them or shove them around. It's always great when the fire trucks block them and their signs and also the motorcyclists who rev their engines and drown them out.

But it's the hate they spew that really boggles my mind. I know there are other groups out there like that...but I still find it sad that they have that much hate for one particular group. And the things they put on their signs is vulgar. I am surprised they aren't arrested for that.

Sally said:
I'm not getting what these lunatics are protesting at the Amish or Sago mine funerals. :confused:
My question too. Exactly WHAT are they protesting?

I understand they are anti-gay, but what is it about the Amish they feel the need to protest?

Just before 3 a.m., after finishing his milk route through rolling Pennsylvania farmland, Charles C. Roberts IV parked his big rig in its usual place outside the Nickel Mines Auction House, across the road from the Amish school.

He did this every work day — the auction house's gravel parking lot was big enough to accommodate Roberts' container truck.

http://www.startribune.com/484/story/727766.html

Two of the survivors of the shooting told their parents that 13-year-old Marian Fisher, one of the slain girls, asked to be shot first, apparently hoping the younger girls would be let go, according to Leroy Zook, an Amish dairy farmer.
http://www.startribune.com/484/story/727366.html

OK people, put your thinking caps on.... what exactly can be done with these self-serving psychos.. that can legally limit (or end, hopefully) their right to 'free speech' without drawing any more attention to them, which is what they want?.. since their shamelssly opportunistic method seems to be more about harrassment, disruption of the peace, and desire to upset people in sensitive situations than to get a valid point across.
in other words, the amish have every right to FREEDOM to have a peaceful and undisrupted funeral, which IMO seems far more important than the rights of these loons to be able to get on TV to tell the world how much "god hates *advertiser censored*". what i really want to know,, is WHY does the psychos' freedom supersede the amish peoples' freedom......???

of course it's a shame that the media has to be so intrusive to them in the first place.. which is something they never wanted. if the media wasn't all over this story then the idiots wouldn't be trying to use that as a public platform in the first place. but what do we expect.. it's a 'hot topic'.

reb said:
OK people, put your thinking caps on.... what exactly can be done with these self-serving psychos.. that can legally limit (or end, hopefully) their right to 'free speech' without drawing any more attention to them, which is what they want?.. since their shamelssly opportunistic method seems to be more about harrassment, disruption of the peace, and desire to upset people in sensitive situations than to get a valid point across.
in other words, the amish have every right to FREEDOM to have a peaceful and undisrupted funeral, which IMO seems far more important than the rights of these loons to be able to get on TV to tell the world how much "god hates *advertiser censored*". what i really want to know,, is WHY does the psychos' freedom supersede the amish peoples' freedom......???

of course it's a shame that the media has to be so intrusive to them in the first place.. which is something they never wanted. if the media wasn't all over this story then the idiots wouldn't be trying to use that as a public platform in the first place. but what do we expect.. it's a 'hot topic'.

They didn't attend the Amish funerals. If they had tried, they would have been kept 500 feet away. The press was limited to one location and a 5 square mile area around the homes was shut to the general public. I think this story is over.

Pepper said:
My question too. Exactly WHAT are they protesting?

I understand they are anti-gay, but what is it about the Amish they feel the need to protest?

They believe that the Ahmish are not serving God. They are serving themselves. "They have their own form of righteousness. They say it is not their (Ahmish) business to forgive the murderer who by the way was sent by God to punish them. Their belief seems to be focused on the 10 commandments and they say this Nation will not obey them. Those that don't obey them are going to Hell.

i know they didn't. my point was, they wanted to and would have, if the radio station had not offered them free air time.

"Even as they prepared for the first mass funeral in the 260-year history of Nickel Mines, the Amish were coming to terms with the revelation that the ten girls knew they were to be shot, well before Roberts opened fire.

One of the girls he shot, a 12-year-old in hospital with shoulder wounds, began talking yesterday. She told her family that Roberts told them what he was about to do as he tied them up beneath the blackboard. She said none begged for mercy. The oldest girl, a 13-year-old, said to him: “Shoot me and leave the others alone.” He shot them all."

More at link: timesonline.co

reb said:
i know they didn't. my point was, they wanted to and would have, if the radio station had not offered them free air time.

The State Police, with the help of local fire police, did a great job of restricting access to the homes and the cemetary. All that anyone could do was stand along a section of road between the area where the houses are and the cemetary. Even if a handful of the morons had shown up, they would not have been able to perform their usual antics in a place where it would have interfered with the funerals.

You asked what could be done. Well, alot WAS done and it maintained the privacy of the families not just from the wackos but also limited the intrusion of the press and other busy bodies.

jilly said:
They believe that the Ahmish are not serving God. They are serving themselves.QUOTE]

And this so-called pastor and his minions think they are by spewing hate????

I think freedom of speech is a great thing as long as it does not infringes upon other's freedoms.

In the end the members of that cult in KS belong in a psychiatric institution and that is where they will be if we had an adequate health care system.

Alice253 said:
jilly said:
They believe that the Ahmish are not serving God. They are serving themselves.QUOTE]

I know! This Phelps woman says she has 11 children!! :eek:

that's good, i'm very glad to hear it!!

luthersmama said:
The State Police, with the help of local fire police, did a great job of restricting access to the homes and the cemetary. All that anyone could do was stand along a section of road between the area where the houses are and the cemetary. Even if a handful of the morons had shown up, they would not have been able to perform their usual antics in a place where it would have interfered with the funerals.

You asked what could be done. Well, alot WAS done and it maintained the privacy of the families not just from the wackos but also limited the intrusion of the press and other busy bodies.

I don't think their primary role is to disrupt funerals these days. They just show up for the media coverage. The motorcycles do a great job drowning them out, and the firetrucks (if they are at a funeral). Although if they can get media coverage and cause a ruckus at a funeral, they will do it.

We saw them once along the roadside, and who knows what they were protesting. They were just standing there shaking their signs. To my knowledge, there wasn't a thing going on. They are just looking to voice their opinions and since action has been taken to keep them a certain distance from the funerals, they have just shifted directions.

They also love to show up at our local college campus' and spew their hatred.

Alice253 said:
jilly said:

They are a cult and they are brain-washed by this man. He's no different than many of the whacko "ministers" we've seen lead their flock down this road. We can't understand them because we don't think like they do.

They're not the type of church where you can expect bingo on Thursday nights or a potluck picnic after the Sunday service.

luthersmama said:
Here is a very interesting article about violent crimes in "idyllic" Lancaster County. Those of you who don't live around here might not be aware that there have been two other horrific slayings in the past year in the same general area.

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/26562
Here are the links to the thread's here at WS's about the other slayings mentioned in that article.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38497&highlight=Jesse+Dee+Wise

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32520&highlight=David+Ludwig

These people have true hate in their hearts.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/*advertiser censored*/fagfacts.html

They are disgusting.

Pedro said:
I think freedom of speech is a great thing as long as it does not infringes upon other's freedoms.

In the end the members of that cult in KS belong in a psychiatric institution and that is where they will be if we had an adequate health care system.
and as long as you follow good manners, you have the right to say what you want but being down right rude, vulgar, and ugly is poor manners and is unnacceptable to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back