Found Deceased PA - Four young men, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Edit...forgot to reply to the OP.
quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by thetruth7771
to all of you who have been here from the beginning, i want to thank you for all of the great info and time and effort you've put into this case. For those of you that jumped in at the middle or haven't quite caught up, glad you have joined us. This was a horrible and calculated effort and my heart breaks for the victims and their families. It bothers me that even after the confession and location of remains that many people seem to be trying to find some sort of "reason" the victims were involved...ie; attempts to incriminate the victims. It also bothers me that there have been posts that place blame on the suspects' parents. Even if you have experienced an event similar to theirs, you have no right to judge and make accusations. Cd's parents will never be the same. They have also lost a son, just in a different way. None of us know what they went through in the past with cd. The fact they have money is also irrelevant in terms of placing blame. They were more than likely doing what most of us parents do in terms of raising our children...our best! I have seen so many compassionate posts on this forum also and applaud all of you who are conscientious and attempting to go by the rules of this forum. This was a complete and unnecessary tragedy. I mourn for everyone involved. Since the charges, it seems that alot of sleuths are focusing on petty details. Whether or not the victims actually smoke weed, gambling and sexual orientation etc. I do agree this is not his first time and his property should continue to be thoroughly investigated as well as local missing persons and possible connections. The da, le and fbi have done an amazing job. Please remember there are many many missing persons cases on this forum that have not been given the attention this case has that could use sleuthing and any extra information we can find.

I'm a newbie here and I'd just like to say thank you for this post. All cases like this are sad, but when it is practically in your own backyard, so to speak, it just feels a bit different than those thousands of miles away from you. I have seen people passing judgment on the victims, their parents, their families and friends and it's sickening. Here's hoping that they never have to go through this type of nightmare in their lives.

The media, I think, is confusing things a bit with their descriptions of the two entering not guilty pleas today. If anyone is interested in better understanding the proceeding that occurred today, here is the rule of criminal procedure explaining what occurs at a Preliminary Arraignment:

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/234/chapter5/s540.html

In contrast, here's a link to the rule describing what is generally referred to as "Formal Arraignment," which is when a defendant enters a plea of guilty or not guilty: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/234/chapter5/s571.html

However, even that could be misunderstood to the general public, as a not guilty plea always entered at this stage, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Explains everything I was wondering about.

This is great, thanks for posting dizzychick.

"How did cadaver dogs detect Bucks County bodies 12 feet underground?

"It is a science,” said Mark Hopkins, chief of Greater Philadelphia Search and Rescue. “It is also a bit of an art because it is interpretive.”"

Snip

"They also need to trust their dog and pick up on signals when the dog makes a hit, he said. Most train their dogs to signal them by sitting, jumping on them, or barking, he said.

That training is not pretty, Hopkins said. Handlers purchase scents to simulate the smell of decomposing remains. They also collect samples of soil from crime scenes like the one in Bucks County to use in training — only after the scene is cleared by law enforcement and proper permission is obtained, he said.

“We bury it, elevate it, and put it in water,” Hopkins said of the training process. They also put it into concrete. Some dogs only search on land, while others can traverse land or water.

“Just like humans, some don’t do boats,” Hopkins said.""

You remember correctly, ylime11 :)

From p. 8 of SK's affidavit:

attachment.php

If I recall, SK didn't admit to shooting anyone according to the affidavit. Am I wrong? I may have missed something or read it wrong. Help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.43.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.43.36 PM.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 411
Question for those with more tech knowledge. Can police obtain the actual data from text messages from the phone company if the phones are not recovered? I understand the messages are held on a SIM card - but does phone company store that also, or just records of when texts / calls were sent? If LE has those messages, I'm 99% certain that would give the full story about what brought those poor boys to CD's property.

Also, we didn't hear if any of the victim's phones were recovered. Given SK didn't get rid of the guns, I doubt he got rid of his phone. I'd make the same guess about CD. I'm sure LE has started forensic work on their phones, as I believe it was reported even CD's parents phones were subpoenaed.

I think CD killed them all and is blaming cousin for whatever reason maybe due to having mutual friend to Dean etc - I think he thought he was smarter when he got out first time but then to be arrested again so quick I think he probably thought the cousin had started talking. I think the cousin probably thought CD was the big Bad dude he had been claiming when it all started unfolding and either went along due to being bad himself or worried and in shock.
I think it's gross they can trash talk the poor dead boys. Try to tarnish them for whatever reason.
I hope they find evidence of them being lured as it may just show pre-meditation. CD can say whatever he wants but none of those boys went to his place to be the sinister ones in all this - it's him who the evil one is.

Question for those with more tech knowledge. Can police obtain the actual data from text messages from the phone company if the phones are not recovered? I understand the messages are held on a SIM card - but does phone company store that also, or just records of when texts / calls were sent? If LE has those messages, I'm 99% certain that would give the full story about what brought those poor boys to CD's property.

Also, we didn't hear if any of the victim's phones were recovered. Given SK didn't get rid of the guns, I doubt he got rid of his phone. I'd make the same guess about CD. I'm sure LE has started forensic work on their phones, as I believe it was reported even CD's parents phones were subpoenaed.

Not technical / hope someone answers but I am thinking they can get all that from CD phone hopefully.

I just signed up after reading this obsessively as a guest for days (I'm from a nearby town) but I guess I had two comments/questions in my head since they announced the charges - sorry if these have been answered

1) CD's credibility is questionable after sources said the killings resulted after he felt threatened or whatever during the drug deal. Clearly this is something he intended to do before he even met up with the boys. Seems like he's already trying to diminish his intent/ premeditation needed for 1st degree

2) CD was charged with four counts of conspiracy but who was his co-conspirator in the first killing? In order for them to charge that there must've been someone else involved at least in the planning/ involved before he murdered JP who was also charged with conspiracy - homicide for the 7-5 charge. Doesn't seem like it's SK since he's only charged with three counts. Not sure if this is a mistake or there is something we still don't know

The victims' bodies certainly must have been abused greatly and that is why they are charged with 'abuse of a corpse' and one victim was run over by the backhoe driven by CD and crushed.

i sincerely pray that the victim wasnt alive (hate saying that) beofre that monster ran over him. i cant imagine the terror these young men faced with CD :steamed:

Here is a beautiful page of photos that Jimi Patrick's girlfriend put together. In light of the awful way he died, it would be nice to remember him like this :)

http://vsco.co/jordannhiggins/images/1

That brought me to tears. My heart wants to know why these things happen, how people can inflict so much pain, why some must bear so much. But my head knows there is no why, there is just "is." Let us love each other and be gentle with each other on this earth. Life is too short, too indifferent, too uncertain to do otherwise. My heart is heavy with incomprehensible sorrow. May the families of these four boys find peace in the long days ahead. Sending love from Alabama...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

My sons friend was in a horrible skiing accident at around 13 years old. Head and face injuries. Great kid, great family. The mother would tell me how her son's personalty had changed in the blink of an eye. He would yell at nurses and become agitated very easily. Completely out of character. As he recovered depression set in because his life was sports and could no longer participate.
4 years and a lot of therapy later, he is just not the same child.
We've lost touch so I am not sure how he's doing now but I can attest to the personlity change after a bad accident.

Not technical / hope someone answers but I am thinking they can get all that from CD phone hopefully.

Sim cards aren't used so much for storage any more as they were in the past.. They're not necessarily SD Cards like we used to think of.. In general just like a computer most of our internet or communicated to eachtoher are stored on a server. Easy to get to, just need a warrant !

Quick take: CD was involved in an ATV accident and prescribed an opiate. He develops a habit and can't get a prescription to feed it. Goes to the black market, where he incurs a debt he can't repay. Lures kids in to rob them.

Sim cards aren't used so much for storage any more as they were in the past.. They're not necessarily SD Cards like we used to think of.. In general just like a computer most of our internet or communicated to eachtoher are stored on a server. Easy to get to, just need a warrant !

Generally can get texts, log of incoming and outgoing calls, and access to the "cloud"

Question for those with more tech knowledge. Can police obtain the actual data from text messages from the phone company if the phones are not recovered? (RSBM)

Possibly, depending on which carrier and whether the data is preserved by law enforcement in time. Cell phone companies only keep that information for a short period of time, unless a preservation request is sent by law enforcement. Here's one chart that shows how the answer is only "it depends":

e4cfd7c271a8fac1a45595be7af8edd3.jpg
Link for the chart: https://www.aclu.org/cell-phone-loc...ponse-cell-phone-company-data-retention-chart

.how heart wrenching for all of them but especially reading that last bit about Tom Meo screaming & Mark Sturgis running for his life

i weep for humanity. i just can comprehand this. hope these rots in jail :jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member