PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Killer died*

well that is how "mom" diverted attn from herself. ugh this is so sad.

It's sad, but I don't know. We hardly knew anything about her when she was missing. There was not much media coverage and the press even spelled her name wrong at first. Police called her a runaway and I don't think anyone did any looking into her case too much. And now we find out Grace never ran away. She was murdered and dismembered! And likely by someone who was supposed to protect her and love her! It makes my blood boil that she was ever classified a "runaway" at all. :mad: (sorry for the little rant--I hope her case gains some attention now and someone else can answer your question).

Does anyone know what disability Grace had that her mom drew checks for? I have not seen it mentioned anywhere. TIA.

two hunters found a head and torso in the woods and called police, and that two arms and two legs were later found in the area by investigators. The remains were identified as Packer's through dental records, and an autopsy officially ruled the death a homicide, Salavantis said.

Authorities did not specify when the remains were identified, saying only that investigators had known they belonged to Grace Packer for "a while" before Thursday's press conference...

Packer said she discovered her daughter was missing on the morning of July 9, and that Grace had taken $300 in cash from the home, according to police.

Packer told police that her daughter had previously left the residence "for days at a time," according to court documents.

Authorities said that between Aug. 8 and Sept. 7 of this year, detectives made numerous attempts to contact Sara Packer about missing person investigation but got no response, and on Sept. 7, police went to Packer's home and found it vacant...

In November, according to court documents, agents with the United States Social Security Administration informed investigators that Sara Packer was receiving $712 monthly to care for Grace Packer; that in August Packer had completed a Continuing Disability Review Report relating to her daughter but did not disclose that her daughter was missing; and that between July 1 and Nov. 10, Packer spent more than $3,616 of the disability funds intended for her daughter...

Abington detectives on Nov. 3 located a typed letter from the girl's Abington school records that was recovered in March, which was addressed to Grace's family, "discussed her being 'sorry' for (being) a burden and leaving the family," and closed with a typed "Sincerely, Grace" but with no written signature.

Investigators said that after reviewing the letter, they determined the language and content "to be inconsistent with being written by a 14-year-old with the academic and social skill level of Grace Packer."

http://www.timesherald.com/general-news/20161222/missing-abington-teen-found-murdered

:tears: :furious: :tears: :furious:

MOO... was there a bf mentioned? because this smacks of her being ready to expose abuse of some type and being silenced and mom covering. because she has not been charged yet.

second, it is pretty sad to me that what lit the fire was finding out about fraud and not that a 14 year old ran away and did not turn up.

I think we're all new to this case. Not much info was given. It said above that the father and brother saw her last in July at a picnic, makes me think they didn't live with her. IMO The presser did say that Sara had a boyfriend.

MOO... was there a bf mentioned? because this smacks of her being ready to expose abuse of some type and being silenced and mom covering. because she has not been charged yet.

second, it is pretty sad to me that what lit the fire was finding out about fraud and not that a 14 year old ran away and did not turn up.

See quote above about her having a boyfriend. I wasn't able to listen to all the of the presser (had technical issues with my computer) so I can't verify it was said then but I'm guessing you are right about a boyfriend.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-pa-missing-teen-grace-packer-20161222-story.html

Between Aug. 8 and Sept. 7, a detective working the missing persons case made several attempts to contact Sara Packer, but received no response, authorities said. After receiving no response on Sept. 7, the detective went to the home on Tennis Avenue and found that it was vacant, so she called Sara Packer so she could get her new address, authorities said. That same day, the detective called the Abington School District and learned that Grace Packer and her 12-year-old brother had been withdrawn from school on Aug. 16 and only the brother was enrolled in the Quakertown School District, authorities said.

They need to search the home she moved out of with a fine tooth comb. Pull the carpets back etc. What a horrible excuse for a human being that woman is!

Grace, her mother, her mother's boyfriend, Jacob Sullivan, and her adopted 12-year-old brother had lived in a rented house on Tennis Avenue in Abington. After she went missing, the family moved to a rented home on East Cherry Road in Richland Township. Police believe Packer lived in both places at the time of Grace's disappearance.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20161223_DAs_to_give_update_on_missing_Montco_teen.html

that is how they busted open the Mark Yssaguirre (SP?) case..... the initial search yielded nothing but years later they removed the floor and found blood on the concrete and wood underneath

They need to search the home she moved out of with a fine tooth comb. Pull the carpets back etc. What a horrible excuse for a human being that woman is!

LE took a cadaver dog to that house. They found nothing.

Seems logical to me LE would be questioning the other adults evicted from the residence that Grace was last known to have lived at.

Probably too late to tell... but is there a possibility Grace was pregnant ? And was then 'silenced' ?

A lot of evil was maybe going on, having to do with her disappearance, imo.
And it appears she was dismembered ? What the (bleep) ?

Rest gently, babygirl ! :(

Seems logical to me LE would be questioning the other adults evicted from the residence that Grace was last known to have lived at.

It's entirely possible SP could have dismembered Grace without help, but is it likely? The other person mentioned in the eviction court record is SP's boyfriend correct? LE has not mentioned him, but I wonder what he had to say?

Sara Packer was being held in lieu of $200,000 bail, charged with endangering the welfare of a child and obstruction of justice in relation to her daughter's disappearance, authorities said. Bail has since been reduced to 10 percent of $10,000 bail, and court records indicate she remained in custody Thursday.

Described by her adoptive mother as "overly stubborn," Grace would leave home for "days at a time" and took $300 in cash from the home when she went missing, investigators said, citing an interview with Sara Packer.

Sara Packer told police she'd last seen her daughter the night of July 8, when she sent Grace to her room following an argument over Grace's request to go to a friend's house.
Packer could not provide an address or a name of the friend in the July 8 fight, court records say. Investigators later identified the friend, who told police Nov. 3 that Grace had never been to the home and there were never plans for her to do so, records say.

Packer had moved to the 900 block of East Cherry Road in Richland Township, Bucks County, near Quakertown. On the morning of July 8, the day Packer claims to have last seen Grace, cellphone records show the phone she'd been using traveling from the area of the Abington home to around the Quakertown home, court records say. The phone was back in the area of the Abington home by late that afternoon.

When Packer finally returned a detective's message Sept. 7, she claimed in a voicemail to have "notified every one of her relatives that Grace is missing," court records say. Interviews in October revealed Packer's father and brother last saw Grace alive during a family picnic July 4 in Laurys Station, North Whitehall Township, and had only been told "in recent weeks" the girl was missing, records say.

Authorities said they are interested in speaking with anyone who encountered Sara or Grace Packer, individually or together, from June on forward, particularly in public places such as retail stores in the Abington and Quakertown areas.

Anyone with such information is asked to contact Bucks County detectives at buckscrimetips@buckscounty.org or 215-945-3100.
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/murdered_teens_mom_kept_disapp.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back