PA - Human body parts sold on Facebook leads to arrest of Enola man

Friday Fan

Reaction score

"This is one of the most bizarre investigations I have encountered in my 33 years as a prosecutor," Cumberland County District Attorney Sean M. McCormack said. "Just when I think I have seen it all, a case like this comes around."
The remains were stolen from a mortuary in Arkansas.

An Arkansas woman pleaded not guilty to charges she sold stolen body parts from medical school corpses for $11,000 to a Pennsylvania man she met on social media.

Candace Chapman Scott, 36, a former mortuary worker, is accused of selling 20 boxes of body parts to a man she met through a Facebook group about “oddities,” according to the April 5 indictment unsealed Friday in federal court in Little Rock.

The man who allegedly purchased the remains was not named in the federal indictment. But he was identified as Jeremy Lee Pauley in separate state charges.

jeremy-pauley-230430-94.jpg

"The remains were stolen from the Harvard Medical School, an investigation found, according to WGAL."

I am assuming the body parts came from bodies donated to the medical school? How long was this going on? When did Harvard figure out that body parts were being stolen? What has Harvard done about it? Are the parts being DNA tested so they can be returned to the families? Why and for what purpose are these "collectors" getting body parts? I have so many questions.

The fact that he received only probation given the morbid nature of the crime is disturbing.

"As part of a plea deal, the self-described "collector of oddities" received two years of supervised probation. If he is deemed to be on good behavior, the sentence would be one year supervised and then one year unsupervised probation."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back