PA PA - Jacob Rogers, 37, Philadelphia, 25 Nov 2015

This story is still not resolved. It approaches its 1 year anniversary.

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2015/12/missing-jacob-rogers-philadelphia.html

"The Philadelphia Police Department needs the public's assistance in locating Missing Person Jacob Rogers. Jacob was reported missing from his residence at 2000 East Madison Street on Friday, November 27th, 2015. He bought a train ticket for the 8:30 am train to West Virginia from 30th Street station but never boarded the train.

Jacob is 6'1″, 185 lbs, blue eyes, and blonde hair. He was last seen wearing a burgundy hooded sweatshirt with "Jenkintown" written on the front.

Anyone with any information on the whereabouts of Jacob Rogers is asked to please contact East Detective Division at 215-686-3243 or call 911."

If this guy ended up in the water, he would have been found by now, a year later. If he was killed on the street, he would have been found. Either he is deceased and hidden somewhere, or he took off somewhere. If you jumped this guy and killed him in some random event in a bad area of Philly, would you really go through the trouble to hide him? This case has me puzzled me. I thought of this case today, as I was frequently around that station at Thanksgiving time. If something bad happened, I still think it happened before he got to the train station, possibly in the Lower Northeast on his way. Once you get down there, there is too much going on for him to get jumped with no one seeing it.

Is anyone even looking for this fella? I never hear anything about this case in the media. Are any relatives organizing attempts to find any clues ?

Jacob Rogers, W/M/37, Philadelphia, 25 November 2015

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2015/12/missing-jacob-rogers-philadelphia.html

[
jacobrogers_1450452976022_645461_ver1.0-763454.jpg

http://blog.phillypolice.com/2016/0...b-roger-from-the-24th-district-still-missing/

Jacob-Rogers.jpg

NO Listing on NamUs
National missing & Unidentified persons system:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en

The only person who I read that was looking for Jacob was the 90 year old woman from West Virginia. We did not hear of any other friends or family involved in this case. I had a hunch that Jacob could be one of the homeless. You see a lot of them on the streets in Philly, but I don't know how you would ever find someone who was homeless by choice. It seems like anyone interested in Jacob's whereabouts is not local, if those persons are out there.

Could this be Jacob? Having hard time posting the link.

: iradioal - Philadelphia, PA
started: 03/27/17 2:51 pm | updated: 03/27/17 2:51 pm

The Philadelphia Police Marine unit pulled a badly decomposed body from the Schuylkill River this morning. A police boat recovered the body of a man around 10 a.m. near the 2500 block of Locust Street right along the Schuylkill River Trail. The medical examiner was called to the scene to help investigators determine race and age. An autopsy will need to be performed to determine cause of death. The investigation is ongoing.

: iradioal - Philadelphia, PA
started: 03/27/17 2:51 pm | updated: 03/27/17 2:51 pm

The Philadelphia Police Marine unit pulled a badly decomposed body from the Schuylkill River this morning. A police boat recovered the body of a man around 10 a.m. near the 2500 block of Locust Street right along the Schuylkill River Trail. The medical examiner was called to the scene to help investigators determine race and age. An autopsy will need to be performed to determine cause of death. The investigation is ongoing.

Coming down on 2 years missing for Jacob, missing since Thanksgiving Wednesday in 2015.

Why was the ticket purchase only for one way?

Did Jacob lose/leave a job and wasn't coming back?

If work related, why? Or maybe who?

It's been two years with no answers...I wonder if he did make it out of the city, just didn't get all the way to West Virginia. That part of Philly isn't the greatest area, but if he was killed during a robbery attempt, I can't see the person who did it trying to hide his body.

For some reason, I always suspected Jacob could be one of the many homeless in the city. Or maybe he just moved and told no one about it.

You don't purchase a ticket with plans on going to another state and then within hours just decide to become homeless, or at least it has a very low probability. The highest probability is that he exited the area by another means. Car would be the most likely. At the time he went missing, Taxi cabs were much more common than the (at the time) fledgling Uber. Taxis are supposed to keep records of pickups and dropoffs. Wonder if LE checked into that possibility?

Jacob Rogers NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Height 5' 10" - 6' 2" (70 - 74 Inches)
Weight 180 - 190 lbs

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Facial Hair Description "soul patch", wispy growth of hair that was once dyed blue.
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue

Piercing Right eyebrow pierced, Left ear pierced, eyebrow ring

Tattoo
Tattoo of three Chinese letters vertically on Upper Right Bicep, Lucky 7 with star red 7 Lucky in script

Clothing Last seen wearing Jenkintown Hoody

Circumstances of Disappearance Jacob Rogers last communication was on Thanksgiving, November 26th, 2015 around 9:00pm. He told his mother that he was at 30th Street Station. He was supposed to pick up a one-way ticket to West Virginia, which was departing on November 27th, 2015 at 8:15 am. Rogers never arrived in WV. There is no evidence that he ever made it to pick up the ticket or boarded the train.

Jacob Rogers NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Bump for Jacob! I hope he is found!
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Height 5' 10" - 6' 2" (70 - 74 Inches)
Weight 180 - 190 lbs

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Facial Hair Description "soul patch", wispy growth of hair that was once dyed blue.
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue

Piercing Right eyebrow pierced, Left ear pierced, eyebrow ring

Tattoo
Tattoo of three Chinese letters vertically on Upper Right Bicep, Lucky 7 with star red 7 Lucky in script

Clothing Last seen wearing Jenkintown Hoody

Circumstances of Disappearance Jacob Rogers last communication was on Thanksgiving, November 26th, 2015 around 9:00pm. He told his mother that he was at 30th Street Station. He was supposed to pick up a one-way ticket to West Virginia, which was departing on November 27th, 2015 at 8:15 am. Rogers never arrived in WV. There is no evidence that he ever made it to pick up the ticket or boarded the train.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back