GUILTY PA - Jenna Burleigh, 22, Philadelphia, 31 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

Agreed re: "abusing a corpse". The charge doesn't imply dismemberment.

My thinking was along the lines of...

A "bin" connotes hard sides, not a bag. Plastic?

A hard sided bin would also need to be X feet wide (2 feet? 3 feet?) as well as tall, to fit the victim. It also must completely conceal the victim.

Imagine carrying a hard-sided bin that is 5 feet tall and 2 feet wide. That would stand out when carried on the street, or when seen by anyone, IMHO.

I also believe it may not fit in many vehicle trunks. So, would the POI risk placing a bin of that size in the back seat of a LYFT vehicle (Assuming the LYFT driver was not an accomplice)?

Lastly, could a five foot tall, 2 foot wide hard-sided bin be carried by just 1 person? Up or down stairs?

Agree. He also writes that he got a Masters degree at J&W before he went to Temple for his Bachelors.... I think it might have been constructed for networking with college students... and is possibly not true.

Does anyone know which Johnson & Wales University campus he attended? They have four.
Another terrible waste of a young girls life. So sad.

Agreed re: "abusing a corpse". The charge doesn't imply dismemberment.

My thinking was along the lines of...

A "bin" connotes hard sides, not a bag. Plastic?

A hard sided bin would also need to be X feet wide (2 feet? 3 feet?) as well as tall, to fit the victim. It also must completely conceal the victim.

Imagine carrying a hard-sided bin that is 5 feet tall and 2 feet wide. That would stand out when carried on the street, or when seen by anyone, IMHO.

I also believe it may not fit in many vehicle trunks. So, would the POI risk placing a bin of that size in the back seat of a LYFT vehicle (Assuming the LYFT driver was not an accomplice)?

Lastly, could a five foot tall, 2 foot wide hard-sided bin be carried by just 1 person? Up or down stairs?

It would not need to be 5 feet tall. Rigor mortis would take some time to set in. JH could have folded the legs, possibly with the body on its side. I am a lot larger than JB, but I would not be 2 feet wide, even with my legs folded (yes, just tried it). It isn't comfortable, and you could damage some cartilage, but you don't have to worry about that if you are dead.

As for the container size, it wouldn't attract that much attention. The week before people were moving in; classes started. It would not attract too much attention, because people had been moving things in and out all the prior week. A plastic sided bin could hold a body that size; some are air tight so there would be no odor or leakage.

We also don't know what kind of a car it was. They do have some vans, so that might not be a problem: http://planphilly.com/articles/2017...bled-and-taxis-say-they-are-being-left-behind

I am not trying to be morbid here, but the res gestae might have application in another case I'm looking at.

I did check JH's linked in again, and he list only a bachelor's degree.

Guessing from the chronology, it looks like he attend Temple, the transferred to Johnson & Wales, got his degree and went back to Temple. Johnson & Wales does offer on-degree programs.

Fair enough.

Plausible points regarding moving in week... I worked at Temple University for 11 years, and can confirm how hectic move-in week can be. I have also visited Pub Webb and walked those blocks while I worked at TU.

This crime appears to have NOT been premeditated? Having the right size and kind of hard sided bin at hand after the crime, and then specifying a particular size of LYFT vehicle? That seems either premeditated, or really high-level on-the-fly decision-making from the POI under extreme duress...

OTOH, he appears to have been storing very large amounts of marijuana on the premises, so such a bin may have been handy at the crime scene. There's so much we just don't know.

I also want to state that this is a horrible crime, and I don't wish to appear morbid. These were just my first thoughts on a case that attracted my attention because of my familiarity with the area around Temple University.

Respectfully snipped. (And I agree)

This crime appears to have NOT been premeditated? Having the right size and kind of hard sided bin at hand after the crime, and then specifying a particular size of LYFT vehicle? That seems either premeditated, or really high-level on-the-fly decision-making from the POI under extreme duress...

That is what the police said. We don't know when JH moved the body. He could have gone out Friday morning and bought one and moved the body Friday night.

Considering that JH was on, potentially three, security cameras, I don't think it was planned. He also did not clean up the scene too well.

OTOH, he appears to have been storing very large amounts of marijuana on the premises, so such a bin may have been handy at the crime scene. There's so much we just don't know.

That is also a possibility. I would expect that JH could have ordered a van.

I also want to state that this is a horrible crime, and I don't wish to appear morbid. These were just my first thoughts on a case that attracted my attention because of my familiarity with the area around Temple University.

It is less than 2 miles from me, and, like you, that attracted me. I've been on that street. It is horrible, but this is the place to discuss the mechanics of things.

I think we understand each other, and a belated welcome to the conversation.

It's unclear at this point if the driver knew what Hupperterz was transporting.

A spokesperson for Lyft sait the company is devastated by the allegation and stands "ready to work with the authorities in their investigation."

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...ransport-Jenna-Burleighs-body--442664613.html

Seriously? A Lyft driver? My God, what do you say if the lid pops off while you are getting loaded in? "Oops, how did she get in there". I don't mean to make light of a horribly tragic case, but how frickin' whacked do you have to be to do something like that. And after spending the night with her at his parents the night before. Where did he leave her that night? Surely he didn't drag her into the house. SMH

Either the LYFT driver was...

1) An accomplice or

2) Was naturally or willfully ignorant of a hard-sided "bin" of the size and weight of a human corpse or

3) The hard sided "bin" was of a size, shape, weight and "look" that would not attract undue suspicion.

This has led me to speculate that the POI may have either dismembered the victim, or force-fit the victim into a carrier that would attract less attention during transport.

Either the LYFT driver was...

1) An accomplice or

2) Was naturally or willfully ignorant of a hard-sided "bin" of the size and weight of a human corpse or

3) The hard sided "bin" was of a size, shape, weight and "look" that would not attract undue suspicion.

This has led me to speculate that the POI may have either dismembered the victim, or force-fit the victim into a carrier that would attract less attention during transport.

I am guessing, but I'd guess 3. I suspect that JH "force-fit" (a good term) the corpse into the bin.

This obviously wasn't planned. It is someone figuring out what to do after the victim died. If it wasn't for the strangulation, I'd be raising the possibility of an accident or possibly self defense. That, for me, took those possibilities off the table.

I think a storage bin, as opposed to a garbage bin, could be the size and shape of a small trunk, like 2x3 ft and 1 ft high, and I think a petite person like Jenna was would fit in there.

Nevertheless lifting it alone would need a strong individual, or help, since it's bulky. Is JH strong? Does he work out?

I hope that Lyft driver wasn't unwittingly helping to carry a corpse around. I would have nightmares if that happened to me!

I think a storage bin, as opposed to a garbage bin, could be the size and shape of a small trunk, like 2x3 ft and 1 ft high, and I think a petite person like Jenna was would fit in there.

Nevertheless lifting it alone would need a strong individual, or help, since it's bulky. Is JH strong? Does he work out?

I hope that Lyft driver wasn't unwittingly helping to carry a corpse around. I would have nightmares if that happened to me!

You and me, both!

I do wonder if the Lyft driver, even if not a willing accomplice, may have been someone known to JH. If so, and the driver knew much about him, he may have assumed they were drugs and decided it best to just not ask questions.

Ok a two hour drive with a decomposing dead body, no odor....

Ok a two hour drive with a decomposing dead body, no odor....

Some of them are airtight. Depending on when JH moved the body, there might have been little deterioration.

KYW just announced that JH took the Lyft ride from Jenkinstown. We don't know how he got the body out of the apartment, and out of Philadelphia.

KYW interviewed a former neighbor of JH, who said that he was always police, but always tried to get her to use marijuana.

Yesterday one of the other stations interviewed one of his current neighbors. She said that when she had a knee problem, JH kept offering her pain pills.

"Hupperterz had assistance from other people who have spoken with police, Ryan said."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/father-missing-temple-university-student-now-heaven/

That is interesting... wonder who it will be? And why???? Number 1 why murder???? But just as bad, helping someone cover it up to try to "get away with it", I just can't comprehend it. This is horrible.

This could be referring to the Lyft driver, unknowingly at the time, moving the body and informing the police where he drove JH and his storage box.

THE STORAGE BIN

I think we can reason that...

1) POI either had such a bin in his possession at the crime scene or

2) POI had to acquire such a bin ASAP after the crime occurred.

3) The bin must be opaque, that is, completely conceal the victim visually.

4) The bin MAY need to be airtight to contain odor from decomp. Detectable odor of decomp skyrockets risk of discovery. Not to be morbid, but an intact corpse may also emit sounds during decomp as well.

Basic Google searches show that such a bin, sized to fit a five foot tall human, is difficult to find.

I also suspect it would be difficult to purchase such an item, ASAP after the crime, in a timely manner.

I am not aware of the weight of the victim, but transporting say, a 100 pound human in a bin without extreme "force fit" or dismemberment seems very unwieldy, especially on the street or to any onlookers.

Of course, POI may have already had such a bin, or gotten one from an unwitting associate, or an accomplice. Or he may have lucked into a suitable large bin (airtight or not) to purchase locally after the crime.

But my hunch, which is pure speculation on my part, is that POI dismembered his victim to fit in a bin that was more readily available, easier to move, and less risky in terms of being discovered by onlookers during transport.

Some of them are airtight. Depending on when JH moved the body, there might have been little deterioration.

KYW just announced that JH took the Lyft ride from Jenkinstown. We don't know how he got the body out of the apartment, and out of Philadelphia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back