GUILTY PA - Jennifer Brown, 43, didn't pick up son from bus stop, car parked at home, Limerick Twp, Montgomery Co., 3 Jan 2023 *arrest*

I’m very local to the gravesite. I can actually see it from my home. I realized after reading the affidavit that I was outdoors at the same time BW’s phone pinged by there.

My dog was going absolutely nuts barking in that direction. It actually took two of us to finally get the dog to give it a rest and come inside. I hope my super guard dog scared him into rushing out of there quickly and helped her to be discovered sooner. It’s such an odd location choice imo. For days after, the dog took very frequent trips outside just to stand and stare in that direction. I thought it was a uti.

wow he knew something bad had happened - dogs are so smart

NORRISTOWN — The Limerick Township man accused of killing a township woman who reportedly was his business partner has selected the jury that will decide his fate as his trial gets under way in Montgomery County Court.

[...]

Judge William R. Carpenter, who is presiding over the trial, gave jurors initial instructions before breaking for lunch.

The lawyers in the case will give their opening statements to the jury this afternoon and the first witnesses will be called to testify.

First Assistant District Attorney Edward F. McCann Jr. and co-prosecutor Kelly S. Lloyd are handling the case. Philadelphia defense lawyer Michael Coard represents Watts.

Lloyd said in her opening statement that Watts had persuaded Brown to invest in a restaurant he had planned to reopen, but instead he spent her investment on personal expenses. When Brown learned that and also discovered that Watts had yet to even sign a lease for the eatery, she threatened to expose him, Lloyd said, “and his life began to unravel.”

“She was killed in her home by someone she cared about, by someone she confided in, by someone she considered family,” the prosecutor said. “Someone who took advantage of that trust and manipulated her whole reality.”

Watts reported Brown missing on Jan. 4, telling police he last saw her when he picked up her 8-year-old son, Noah, for a sleepover the day before to “give Brown a break,” prosecutors said. Yet, the sleepover took place on a school night, and Noah did not have his needed medication, something the boy’s teachers at Upper Providence Elementary testified Wednesday was unusual for the doting mother.

Noah, in a recorded statement played for the jury, said Watts told him his mother “was at the store” on Jan. 3 when he picked him up from his bus stop. Noah said he didn’t talk to or see his mother after that.

The child’s behavior suffered at school the next morning without his medication, according to testimony Wednesday. Brown’s mother, Anita Pallitto, said she began to worry when her calls to her daughter went unanswered, especially as it got closer to the time for her to pick Noah up from school.

Watts’ attorney, Michael Coard, told jurors that any sympathy they may feel for Brown is normal, but that neither that nor “name-calling” by prosecutors is relevant to the case.

“What if he really is a ‘broke narcissist?’ Does that make him a murderer?” Coard asked. “All the stuff you might despise him for ... that could be true and it could be completely false. But in a courtroom, all that matters is the law.”

Much more at link.

During the investigation, detectives determined that Brown planned to invest in Watts' Phoenixville restaurant, Birdies Kitchen, Steele said. Though the restaurant was slow to move forward and on Dec. 28, three months after expressing interest in a property, one of the property owners told Watts that they would not be moving forward with a lease, according to Steele.

On Jan. 3, two cash transfers totaling $17,000 were made from Brown's computer tablet to accounts controlled by Watts, though the money was "never part of a written agreement between Brown and Watts," the district attorney's office said in a statement. The transfers took multiple attempts and went through after two-factor authentication was disabled, according to Steele.

On Jan. 4, Watts showed up to the Phoenixville restaurant property and allegedly told the property owner that he now had money to put down on a lease, the district attorney said.

Authorities believe Brown was murdered on Jan. 3, before the cash transfers were made, then Watts "tried to cover his tracks and get rid of her body before he reported her missing," Steele said.

Watts was clearly lying from the start, we all knew that. His stories and statements made prior to his arrest never made sense, Jennifer's family knew he was lying and so did many of us here!

Lloyd said in her opening statement that Watts had persuaded Brown to invest in a restaurant he had planned to reopen, but instead he spent her investment on personal expenses. When Brown learned that and also discovered that Watts had yet to even sign a lease for the eatery, she threatened to expose him, Lloyd said, “and his life began to unravel.”

“She was killed in her home by someone she cared about, by someone she confided in, by someone she considered family,” the prosecutor said. “Someone who took advantage of that trust and manipulated her whole reality.”

Watts reported Brown missing on Jan. 4, telling police he last saw her when he picked up her 8-year-old son, Noah, for a sleepover the day before to “give Brown a break,” prosecutors said. Yet, the sleepover took place on a school night, and Noah did not have his needed medication, something the boy’s teachers at Upper Providence Elementary testified Wednesday was unusual for the doting mother.

Noah, in a recorded statement played for the jury, said Watts told him his mother “was at the store” on Jan. 3 when he picked him up from his bus stop. Noah said he didn’t talk to or see his mother after that.

The child’s behavior suffered at school the next morning without his medication, according to testimony Wednesday. Brown’s mother, Anita Pallitto, said she began to worry when her calls to her daughter went unanswered, especially as it got closer to the time for her to pick Noah up from school.

Watts’ attorney, Michael Coard, told jurors that any sympathy they may feel for Brown is normal, but that neither that nor “name-calling” by prosecutors is relevant to the case.

“What if he really is a ‘broke narcissist?’ Does that make him a murderer?” Coard asked. “All the stuff you might despise him for ... that could be true and it could be completely false. But in a courtroom, all that matters is the law.”

Much more at link.
I am so glad he’s been arrested (hadn’t been following til the thread popped again for me) and yet another sad case where it’s the person close to the victim who is now the cause of their senseless death.

Attachments

• 184933-420jad-attach.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 0

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members