GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by los2188, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Mountaingazer

Mountaingazer Well-Known Member

2. TechWriter797

TechWriter797 Registered Voter

I just now watched Frozen Ground on Netflix. Not exactly typical Thanksgiving fare, but it was a great movie! You're so right -- some people are just crazy.

3. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

Can you give "cliff notes" summary?

4. heartgoesout

5. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

If he didn't shoot her when she was resisting, or fleeing, then... I'm completely lost. Did she even know he was there? Was he hidden out of sight somewhere, the way hunters do? Ugh, I feel sick just typing that.

6. Ontario Mom

"According to a police affidavit, Graf was interviewed by state police about 9 a.m. Wednesday at the barracks in Bethlehem and admitted killing his stepdaughter. The affidavit places the shooting about 1 p.m. Friday, roughly 10 minutes after Padgett was last seen."

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jessica-padgett-murder-stepfather-20141126-story.html#page=1

Didn't she leave the daycare at about 12:50 and text her sister and call her hubby at 1pm? I know I read that earlier in the thread. How far is it from her work to her mom's house, that she was there in less than 10 minutes and being shot inside the home?

I'm even more confused than ever.

7. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

I want to know if he bowled.

8. heartgoesout

It is possible that he sent the texts not her. The phone was in the car so he had access to it.

9. QueenMictlan

QueenMictlan New Member

I think he sent the text messages and I think he killed her and then sexually assaulted her. He is such a sick monster. This case has been staying on my mind. I am so sorry for her family and children and husband.

10. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Not much point in him sending the texts, Imo. If he was to send them, why not say she took off for a while?

11. pinkshoemama

pinkshoemama Member

This case has also been sitting very, VERY heavy on my heart & mind.

Maybe our load of worries can be one less worry her family has to endure. I am just so sick for her family.

12. Ontario Mom

"According to a missing person flier posted on the Facebook page, Padgett's last contact was by cellphone to her husband about 1 p.m. Friday."

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...ppearance-jessica-padgett-20141124-story.html

I can't find them right now but I know I read a couple of articles that said she texted her sister and called (not texted) her husband at around 1pm. Now the msm articles are telling us she was shot at about 1pm. If those times are accurate, this has to mean any kind of SA happened *after* her step father shot her, which had to have taken place as soon as her conversation with her husband ended.

13. LonelyChild

LonelyChild New Member

Did she actually talk to her husband? Perhaps maybe she was calling him for help? Did he ever say they actually talked on the phone or anything? I'm sure that phone could give away alot of information rather or not she was uneasy about seeing the stepfather or whatever does anyone know if the husband mentioned how she was on the phone?

14. Ontario Mom

A bunch of the early articles say she talked to him on the phone. He gave one interview and said the same thing (and I can't find it). It was a FB message to her sister just around 1pm and then a quick call to her husband right after.

15. heartgoesout

Sounds like the call and the text was on her way to the house.
    I would like to know if GG knew she was coming.

16. LonelyChild

LonelyChild New Member

He had to of known she was coming because it seems like he was expecting her..The way he parked his car at the site he would later leave her car

17. LonelyChild

LonelyChild New Member

Here's a new theory: Perhaps Greg was cheating on Jessica's mother, Jessica somehow found out and this caused major conflict between the two and once the mother went away maybe it like escalated and maybe Greg was warned by Jessica she was going to tell her mother and Greg then shot her and sexually assaulted her..Just saying it's such a sad story and so many twisted scenarios that could've played out here god bless everyone who is being effected

18. Ontario Mom

According to google maps, it is exactly a 9 minute drive (4 miles) from Duck Duck Goose to the home business of Distinctive Fence Co, Inc. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/451+...5e4ed7b117057!2m2!1d-75.49147!2d40.678306!3e0

So she leaves the day care at 12:50. Gets to the house (business), texts her sister via FB, calls her hubby (they've both said contact with her was just around 1pm), and is shot by her step dad all in a matter of 10 minutes from the time she left the day care.

19. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

This crossed my mind also.

20. KatieLiz

KatieLiz New Member

I won't text and drive so I often reply and send texts when I pull into driveways and parking lots.

My guess is she leaves work, drives to the house, sends the two texts from her car at 1:00, sets the phone down in the car to run in and send the fax and is shot when she enters the house.