GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

Instead of fabricating his motivation for this horrible murder, why not just trust and go with what LE says it is? Sexually motivated is about as bad as it gets, especially in a family.

Instead of fabricating his motivation for this horrible murder, why not just trust and go with what LE says it is? Sexually motivated is about as bad as it gets, especially in a family.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I think it's because the timeline of events that day are so tight, it's hard to wrap my head around it. If that timeline is accurate, there just wan't time for any kind of assault before she was deceased. So for that reason, it just appears that there is much more behind his motive.

MOO.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I think it's because the timeline of events that day are so tight, it's hard to wrap my head around it. If that timeline is accurate, there just wan't time for any kind of assault before she was deceased. So for that reason, it just appears that there is much more behind his motive.

MOO.

You can speak for me because I agree. I'm not saying it was not sexually motivated, but that would be a logical first thought for a man to give as a reason to kill a woman if he didn't want other crimes he was involved with brought to light, especially if it would result in other people being caught and him becoming a target (or simply having more charges added on).

Fences can be so expensive, so I don't doubt the business COULD have been doing well, but those hunting trips are uber expensive, too. Considering his prior convictions, it's possible he was involved in something illegal that an innocent daycare worker and mother found out about and wasn't happy about.....

You can speak for me because I agree. I'm not saying it was not sexually motivated, but that would be a logical first thought for a man to give as a reason to kill a woman if he didn't want other crimes he was involved with brought to light, especially if it would result in other people being caught and him becoming a target (or simply having more charges added on).

RS&BBM ... This is where I am right now in thinking about this case. Given the tight timeline, maybe he didn't know she was coming to use the fax machine and she walked in on something she wasn't supposed to see?

If you use the search drop-down on his facebook page to find "Pictures of" him there's a lot of extremely disturbing photos of him with all sorts of animals he's killed on trips- beautiful zebras, wild cats, etc. But the most disturbing one is of him posing with the corpse of an ape or monkey (I'd clarify which but it was so upsetting I'm not going to look at his page again)- it looks so human, and there's something very odd in the way he poses with his kills. I understand why people hunt and I don't take a huge moral stand against it if it's done humanely and the animals are consumed, but this is the facebook page of someone who really loves to kill things just for fun.

IMO, I find this post to be one of the most insightful. Had he previously or has he now graduated to killing humans? The sexual component of the photo with primates is telling. Has he gone over the edge?

LE knows by now of anything untoward with the relationship between stepfather and stepdaughter. Siblings, friends, husbands have shared what they were told along with their own observations and innuendos. I question that J. would have ventured alone onto the property if she had reason to fear him; while she may have remained working there with other people around for ulterior reasons, maintaining a façade, family pressure or finances. Surely, there are many places to fax in the area.

RS&BBM ... This is where I am right now in thinking about this case. Given the tight timeline, maybe he didn't know she was coming to use the fax machine and she walked in on something she wasn't supposed to see?

But why make sure he already had his truck in the location he needed it to be in, near the Dollar Store where he dropped her car? Unless of course he actually DID have an appointment to get his truck repaired, and it is false information that he didn't.

But why make sure he already had his truck in the location he needed it to be in, near the Dollar Store where he dropped her car? Unless of course he actually DID have an appointment to get his truck repaired, and it is false information that he didn't.
Good point. Can you remind me, do we know for sure that he dropped his truck there before the murder instead of after? Thinking out loud here, how would he have known she was coming? Wondering if he told her that her mother needed her to fax something down to Florida? I can see why she would have faxed from the family business -- anywhere else would likely have charged her money to do it.

Criminals are generally impulsive and not too smart, but he had enough forethought to park his truck near the car dumping site. But what I don't get is why in the middle of her workday? That sets off immediate warning signals to multiple people. Was he hoping the abandoned car would offset that? I don't know...it just seems like it would have been smarter to wait before or after work.

IMO, I find this post to be one of the most insightful. Had he previously or has he now graduated to killing humans? The sexual component of the photo with primates is telling. Has he gone over the edge?

LE knows by now of anything untoward with the relationship between stepfather and stepdaughter. Siblings, friends, husbands have shared what they were told along with their own observations and innuendos. I question that J. would have ventured alone onto the property if she had reason to fear him; while she may have remained working there with other people around for ulterior reasons, maintaining a façade, family pressure or finances. Surely, there are many places to fax in the area.

I can't find the photo with the primates?? In looking through his photos, this man just does not seem like someone who would want to sexually assault and murder his step daughter!

Good point. Can you remind me, do we know for sure that he dropped his truck there before the murder instead of after? Thinking out loud here, how would he have known she was coming? Wondering if he told her that her mother needed her to fax something down to Florida? I can see why she would have faxed from the family business -- anywhere else would likely have charged her money to do it.

Definitely before, but WHY remains to be answered.

From this article: "Police learned Graf had left his truck nearby earlier that morning, telling an employee it needed to be serviced at an area garage, Morganelli said. Additional video surveillance showed the truck driving away within 30 seconds to a minute after Padgett's car was abandoned, Morganelli said.

Workers at Harhart's Service Station told investigators that Graf never contacted them about doing work on his vehicle, Morganelli said. Authorities are investigating whether that could be evidence of a plan on Graf's part.

"We're still trying to develop that information as to whether this might be some evidence of premeditation, or whether he had good intentions to drop his truck off," Morganelli said."

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jessica-padgett-murder-stepfather-20141126-story.html#page=1

Looking at many of the stepdad's sick and obsessive hunting pics, seems he hunted 'wild' boars and deer in a fenced in pasture. The kind where they feed the animals. My brother is a big hunter and he went on a hunting trip with a group of men. He said how said it was that the deer would walk up to you for food.
RIP, Jessica!

I can't find the photo with the primates?? In looking through his photos, this man just does not seem like someone who would want to sexually assault and murder his step daughter!
This man had a dark side, sadly enough we will have to wait till trial to uncover the facts...

I wonder how he knew she would be coming that day to use the fax to premeditate this? Also wonder if she wasnt just prey to him?

I scrolled through them all as well and never saw that photo. I'm actually surprised his FB is still up.

Definitely before, but WHY remains to be answered.

From this article: "Police learned Graf had left his truck nearby earlier that morning, telling an employee it needed to be serviced at an area garage, Morganelli said. Additional video surveillance showed the truck driving away within 30 seconds to a minute after Padgett's car was abandoned, Morganelli said.

Workers at Harhart's Service Station told investigators that Graf never contacted them about doing work on his vehicle, Morganelli said. Authorities are investigating whether that could be evidence of a plan on Graf's part.

"We're still trying to develop that information as to whether this might be some evidence of premeditation, or whether he had good intentions to drop his truck off," Morganelli said."

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jessica-padgett-murder-stepfather-20141126-story.html#page=1
Thank you for the reminder. I connect through my phone and it's a pain in the butt to find anything on threads. [emoji4]

Back to premeditation ... but why? It's so hard to believe that no one thought there was something "off" about this guy.

Thank you for the reminder. I connect through my phone and it's a pain in the butt to find anything on threads. [emoji4]

Back to premeditation ... but why? It's so hard to believe that no one thought there was something "off" about this guy.

I think as time goes by we'll likely find out someone, or maybe several someones did actually think something was off. You don't just wake up one day, and decide to plan a murder of your step-daughter. There was definitely something there, something I'm sure LE already knows but hasn't been released to the public.

I wonder how he knew she would be coming that day to use the fax to premeditate this? Also wonder if she wasnt just prey to him?

He could have possibly lured here there asking her to fax a proposal/estimate to a client. His truck was not there, so she would have probably let herself in. If she worked there, she more than likely had a key.

That's my thought process at this time based on the fact that he parked his truck near the dollar store earlier in the day.

ETA: Not to mention, her mom was out of town, so if he was not able to send the fax, it would make sense for her to run by on her lunch hour to fax it for the business.

Criminals are generally impulsive and not too smart, but he had enough forethought to park his truck near the car dumping site. But what I don't get is why in the middle of her workday? That sets off immediate warning signals to multiple people. Was he hoping the abandoned car would offset that? I don't know...it just seems like it would have been smarter to wait before or after work.

The middle of the day, was probably the only time he could catch her alone. She had her son enrolled at the daycare where she worked, so would have had the child with her before and after work, and was probably busy with family the rest of the time.

He could have possibly lured here there asking her to fax a proposal/estimate to a client. His truck was not there, so she would have probably let herself in. If she worked there, she more than likely had a key.

That's my thought process at this time based on the fact that he parked his truck near the dollar store earlier in the day.

ETA: Not to mention, her mom was out of town, so if he was not able to send the fax, it would make sense for her to run by on her lunch hour to fax it for the business.

Perhaps he contacted her earlier in the morning and asked her to do him a favor and run to the office/home on her lunch break because so and so needed a fax by such and such a time, and he "wasn't home" to do it himself. When she arrived and saw his truck was indeed not there, she actually believed he was not home, and then for whatever reason he ambushed her.

Perhaps he contacted her earlier in the morning and asked her to do him a favor and run to the office/home on her lunch break because so and so needed a fax by such and such a time, and he "wasn't home" to do it himself. When she arrived and saw his truck was indeed not there, she actually believed he was not home, and then for whatever reason he ambushed her.
You and Surfie may be on to something here, IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back