GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

It's too bad the jurors now how to live the rest of their lives trying to be normal after watching his homemade video. No way to un-see it, it's imprinted on their brains forever now.

The court may want to consider offering some kind of counseling if required.....seeing how it was the "justice system" that let this charade play itself out. There's some things people do to other people that shouldn't have to be seen in real time, trial or not.

I wonder how much money the high profile attorney charged to put on his huge failure of a defense ?
30 grand, 40 grand, 70 grand ? Pretty good money for not being able to do jack squat for your client.

I agree! Omg, I would have been one of the 1/5th would got out of jury duty. No way I could watch that :(. My admiration goes out to every one of those jury members for putting their own emotional health on the line to get justice for Jessica.

Off topic, your tag line under your name cracks me up :).

Riley Yates ‏@riley_yates 4m4 minutes ago Gregory Graf video shown to jurors as deliberations set to begin

The defense presented no witnesses, and jurors will soon begin their deliberations, after President Judge Stephen Baratta finishes instructing them on the law.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...der-trial-video-recording-20151113-story.html

Great job to the jury!
Although they were not presented with any defense witnesses to form a reasonable doubt for a lesser verdict?

The defense called no witnesses? Not one? Nothing? How does this happen? Your client pleads not guilty hoping for a lesser charge and the high powered, high winning defense attorney offers nothing to defend this?
Hoping this does not mean an appeal based on incompetent representation. Especially that his attorney missed the deadline to file the paperwork for the insanity defense.

what a horrific monstrous act. I am glad I did not know of this case til now.

Because the defense was asking the jury to believe the killer on his state of mind. No one, outside of a forensic psychiatrist, if they could have found one or spent enough $$$$ to get one to testify, could have possibly corroborated Graf's assertions that he didn't 'intend' the acts.

Clearly he did intend those acts and that's what the jury ultimately decided, in a record 6 min.

I imagine there will be an appeal. Hope not, but that's his right per our justice system.

Family sues murderer who abused stepdaughter's corpse

A man who killed his stepdaughter, then had sex with her corpse, was sued by the stepdaughter's family.

Michael Padgett filed the lawsuit Thursday against 55-year-old Gregory Graf in Northampton County.

Michael Padgett filed the suit on behalf of himself and his two children, ages 10 and 3.

The suit says Graf's crimes inflicted severe emotional distress upon Jessica Padgett's husband and children. It accuses Graf of "extreme and outrageous conduct which goes beyond all possible bounds of decency and which is atrocious and utterly intolerable in a civilized community."

Michael Padgett is looking for funeral expenses for his wife, compensation for her lost wages and retirement benefits, and punitive damages. Graf should pay for the family's mental health counseling, the suit says. The lawsuit doesn't specify any amounts.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nor...f/2016/10/family_sues_man_who_killed_ste.html

Every last penny that man had should go to her children.

He was married to Jessica's mom, right? Does he have any kids from a previous marriage or with Jessica's mom? Any grandchildren?

Obviously Graf should pay for his sins by rotting in prison, but do the Padgets really want to sue the rest of the family out of its inheritance?

It is his money, no one else's, including kin. His money should go to Jessica's children. He should not have access to any money from anyone that would give him any benefits in prison. Furthermore, if he wanted to take care of any other kin he should not have taken away a mother to satisfy a necrophiliac desire. It's called consequences. Jessica's family will carry this with them forever. All sides suffer and there are many victim's but that money goes to those children.

Cable Television Broadcasts :: Wednesday, 3/1 @ 9 P.M. EST, then Repeated (Three Hours Later) on Thursday, 3/2 @ 12 A.M. EST

Investigation Discovery Channel

"See No Evil" :: "Vanished at Noon"

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/primetime-tv-to-spotlight-lehigh-valley-murder-case/366381567

Previously:
Upper Court Criminal Docket Sheet:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-48-CR-0000305-2015 :

Pages 2 & 10, of 12:

...Jury finds the Defendant...GUILTY of Criminal Homicide

...Sentenced to mandatory Life in Prison,
without the possibility of parole

EST = Eastern Standard Time
F-1 = Felony of the 1st Degree
LWOP = Life Without Parole
Necrophilia [neck-row-FEELY-uh] = Sexual Activity with a Corpse

Wait that's what tonight's episode is about? I was planning on watching but didn't realize it. Thanks!

ETA: oh wait it's on tomorrow..anyway still thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the episode was well done. Amazing how the actors looked so very similar to all of them.
The article in our local area suggests the family knew nothing of this show. This was concerning to me. However her mother, husband and friend were interviewed and aired.
So her sister (maybe half sister) and father were not aware. The article was misinterpreting I think.

I just discovered this case tonight after watching 'See No Evil'. When it became obvious GG did it, I was thinking 'insurance policy' or something similar. The truth blew my mind, really bothered me (I'm still up thinking about it) . I thought 'sleuthing' had jaded me more than that. Usually in most cases I can more or less put myself into the criminal's mind and at least partially understand the thinking...Can't do it here. Wow. But I came on here hoping there had been some sleuthing of potential previous criminal acts by GG. Since it seems s/a post mortem really is the motive (not cover up of activity etc.), I can't imagine that at age 54 GG just decided that this kind of thing was for him. There has to be something similar in his past. Sheesh!

I just learned about this case. I have trouble believing this was his first crime. Has anyone checked into his life? Where did he live at different points in time? I'd love to know if there are any unsolved crimes in places where he resided.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back