Found Deceased PA - Joseph 'Joey' Ressler, 24, West Hempfield, 26 March 2016

Wow just don't know what happened to my posts idk maybe I did something wrong. Waiting to hear from the police. Thinking I want to ask about offering a reward. Also going to ask about bringing in search dogs, I like that idea and it's time. I am sure it was Joey that deleted the texts, he has done that before because he knows I will track down who what and where he was and who he was talking to.

Myjoey,
First let me say I am just heartbroken for you! I can't imagine what you are going through.
Second, if you haven't been verified as an insider, your posts may have been against TOS. You may want to consider getting verified so that this doesn't happen anymore.

I am going to call them tomorrow. The officer we are talking to said he didn't thing the police had to be informed of them coming in. It's been a run around who knew things took so long. The officer who took the report is keeping us informed, but there is nothing coming in. However there is an officer that we have talked with and knows my son, he is coming back to work Friday and we have an appt. to talk with him and I have list of things to go over with him.

Yes I am going to do that. I forgot to ask for the case number today �� That's all I need as soon as I get it I will send in all information. It's been really crazy trying to keep up with everything.

I'm wondering, like another poster upthread said, if the kid who found the phone may have wiped it - since he wanted the phone for himself. LE can subpoena phone records and get phone numbers of who he was calling and texting and the times. Please look into that. It's possible that whoever he was communicating with may have some info. Perhaps someone here with a bit more experience can explain how that works. Sending love and prayers to you.

Someone who says goodbye does not take the time to wipe their phone. That was done by someone other than him. I am almost certain.

Yes I am going to do that. I forgot to ask for the case number today �� That's all I need as soon as I get it I will send in all information. It's been really crazy trying to keep up with everything.

Hang in there MyJoey.....we're all here for you. You're doing an amazing job keeping up with all you need to do. Prayers for you & Joey.

Trying to get to some of the questions: The police were watching for Joey before the missing persons report was posted. They were waiting for the warrant before posting it because even if they found him they couldn't do anything. He's 24 and allowed to leave. The warrant was because he was to show up Monday the 29th to get hooked up for house arrest. When he didn't show they had to give him so much time, then they issued the warrant.

When Joey was eating in public he knew there was no warrant out for him. That was Sunday and he was to show up Monday to be hooked up.

It's not a tracker like gps, it's a fitness tracker it only tells how many steps you take or miles you walk.

All his friends phone numbers are on the phone, 335 of them I have been sending out posters each night to about 30 at a time.

He did score that's for sure and I'll say more once I'm verified .... Maybe that's why my text disappeared idk.

Joey don't drink, I mean he has but he don't like it at all.

The phone was for sure not staged. He was making sure I got it back. It was brand new, we just had it replaced from the Apple Store on Saturday the day he went missing because his other phone wasn't working right. It was for sure him that texted the goodbye we are sure of that. What the goodbye was about ..... Not sure on that one either he was leaving or ........

Hang in there MyJoey.....we're all here for you. You're doing an amazing job keeping up with all you need to do. Prayers for you & Joey.
Thank you.... Don't always feel that way. I'm in spin mode most days, running from one thing to another.

Trying to get to some of the questions: The police were watching for Joey before the missing persons report was posted. They were waiting for the warrant before posting it because even if they found him they couldn't do anything. He's 24 and allowed to leave. The warrant was because he was to show up Monday the 29th to get hooked up for house arrest. When he didn't show they had to give him so much time, then they issued the warrant.

When Joey was eating in public he knew there was no warrant out for him. That was Sunday and he was to show up Monday to be hooked up.

It's not a tracker like gps, it's a fitness tracker it only tells how many steps you take or miles you walk.

All his friends phone numbers are on the phone, 335 of them I have been sending out posters each night to about 30 at a time.

He did score that's for sure and I'll say more once I'm verified .... Maybe that's why my text disappeared idk.

Joey don't drink, I mean he has but he don't like it at all.

The phone was for sure not staged. He was making sure I got it back. It was brand new, we just had it replaced from the Apple Store on Saturday the day he went missing because his other phone wasn't working right. It was for sure him that texted the goodbye we are sure of that. What the goodbye was about ..... Not sure on that one either he was leaving or ........

Thanks..that clears up some things. I still don't know how leaving the phone downtown under an overpass could insure that it would be returned. It seems more likely that it was ditched because of the GPS capabilities if he were indeed planning on avoiding house arrest. But in that case why ditch the step counter?
This is perplexing and takes me in four directions all at the same time.

I hope you get verified and explain how you know that he is the one that sent the text and wiped the phone

I know because he has done it before. He knew I would try and track the phone. He knew once I got the phone I would be texting or calling everyone he called, so he deleted all that stuff. He knew that the phone would be found, because kids hang out under there and even if someone wanted to keep it, it's an apple I could track it back or have it listed as lost and as soon as someone tried to do something Apple could ping it. The fitness or step counter is just an app in the phone. My thoughts on the time he was sitting or the phone was still from 1-5:30 is maybe he was putting the info he wanted into a burn phone but I'm not sure now because he hasn't contacted anyone that we know of. I am just baffled by it all really.

I know because he has done it before. He knew I would try and track the phone. He knew once I got the phone I would be texting or calling everyone he called, so he deleted all that stuff. He knew that the phone would be found, because kids hang out under there and even if someone wanted to keep it, it's an apple I could track it back or have it listed as lost and as soon as someone tried to do something Apple could ping it. The fitness or step counter is just an app in the phone. My thoughts on the time he was sitting or the phone was still from 1-5:30 is maybe he was putting the info he wanted into a burn phone but I'm not sure now because he hasn't contacted anyone that we know of. I am just baffled by it all really.

Ok so the step counter is an app. I would imagine since it showed movement totaling 8 miles in the 9 hours previous then he was possibly resting for at least part of the time that it was still. Transferring info to a burner would be a clever way to outwit Mom and the cops and avoid being tracked.
It could be that he was resting in the neighbors woods and planning on leaving your phone in the mailbox after dark or something when he was discovered by the property owner.

I asked someone that I know who happens to remind me a whole lot of Joey. I gave him several possible scenarios and asked him what he thought was going on.
His answer was quick..and he said voluntary disappearance. He said Joey may be feeling disgusted with himself and decided to do the same thing I did...leave. To get away from the friends that I do drugs with, to get away from family that I've hurt and embarrassed and stole from, away from people I've pi$$ed off, and to avoid house arrest or jail. To have time to think and try and deal with my problems.
This guy had made contacts in another state and moved there and got a job and eventually rehab but was in contact with people within a month or so. People knew where he was at eventually. One of his girlfriends knew the entire time where he was.
I'm hoping for a similar outcome for Joey. Addiction is a powerful thing.

Hershey Joseph “Joey” Ressler III - Probation Violation Arrest Warrant - Lancaster Cnty - 26 Mar 2016

Joey Ressler :: White / Male / 24 Years Old :: On Foot

5’ 9″ :: 220 Lbs. :: B.M.I. -- 32 :: Brown Eyes :: Buzz-Cut Brown Hair :: Brown Scruffy Beard

Numerous Tattoos :: 3" Scar Outer Left Hand

Black Hooded Sweatshirt :: Black T-Shirt :: Green Pants :: $ome Ca$h

Mountville, & West Hempfield Township, Lancaster County, are in South-Eastern, PA.

Day Eighteen

Flyer:

12924462_1678114505770502_5159501081407133570_n.jpg

West Hempfield Township Police Department :: (800) 957-2677

https://lancaster.crimewatchpa.com/westhempfieldpd/11465/post/missing-personwanted-person
&
https://www.facebook.com/westhempfieldpolice/

Tr.'s Google Map:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0282686,-76.452591,4611m/data=!3m1!1e3

Joey's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009434272277&fref=ts

Criminal Court Docket Sheet:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-36-CR-0000065-2016:

Page 3 of 9:

IPP = Intermediate Punishment Program
EM = Electronic Monitoring
LCP = Lancaster County Prison
CRN = Court Reporting Network Evaluation

Also:

B.M.I. = Body Mass Index

"The Moveable Feast" is a nearby Restaurant :: http://www.themoveablefeast.net/restaurant-menu
&
Last Known Location, "The Mountville Bridge", is the PA 462 Highway Bridge over Railroad Tracks

State-by-State VINE®LinkS:

https://vinelink.com/#/map

A$ Alway$ :: PA Crime$topper$
Anonymou$ Reward :: 1-800-4PA-TIPS
https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

MyJoey, Hope you are holding up OK. I know this must be very difficult for you and your family. Please know that the people on this site care and will do what ever we can to help. Another thought about SAR teams, one of the advantages of Wolfpack SAR out of Allentown (they have a Facebook page) is that they are also Private Investigators. If you think he ran off, they are pretty good at looking for someone who does not want to be found. As always, feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to give direction. I am not that far away (Chester County).

Hi Everyone,

MyJoey is now a verified insider in Joey's case.

Please treat MyJoey with respect.

Remember MyJoey does not need to provide links to her posts and it's up to you whether to believe what MyJoey posts or not.

Thank you

All here for you, MyJoey.
Hoping answers come sooner than later.

Yes please let us know if you have any additional info and we can collectively use our skills to sleuth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyJoey, did the SAR team come out and do a grid and K9 search? Are the local Police open to outside SAR resources taking a look?
I made a call yesterday and it's to late. They said the dogs wouldn't pick up anything, maybe right under the bridge that's it. We had a lot of rain and some snow since he left. We meet with the police on Friday and were going to ask about doing just a foot search. We have walked the area but just maybe half to a mile each way.

As the phone was found under the bridge, I would suggest walking the rail line from the bridge to Colombia. Rail right-of-way is an easy egress route that avoids public attention. At Colombia, it turns at the river and goes North, under 30 and past Chickies Rock County Park and the popular rock climbing spot. I would have LE and Park Staff check with regular climbers and see if anyone saw him, if so that would mean he was following the rail right-of-way North. If not, the next logical guess is the Susquehanna River. The river search area would be from Colombia South to the Conowingo Dam at RT 1. A print evidence search along the river at Colombia "could" help establish in the water or not.

Dogs may have difficulty with tracking on the rail ballast (rock) since the snow and rain, and the uneven footing would be difficult for the dogs and handlers (speaking from experience).

Lancaster Co, Pa and Global Emergency Alerts and News (on Facebook)
On April 5th @ 1:18 AM
Breaking News - West Hempfield Twp / Lancaster/ Police Activity/ Between RT 30 and 462 Bridges/ Assist Police Dept (Fire) RQST Boats and Engine for Lighting Poss Person in Water/
Update 1:21 AM Someone Called 911 From This Area Poss Suicide
(TC )asks any updates @ 6:38
7:00 AM ....Never Found Anything All Units Recall

I asked the Cheif about this he said that they got a 911 call and heard water. They pinged the phone to that location but nothing was found.

We boat in then waters at Long Level. I am watching all the Alerts that come in.
When we talk to the Police on Friday I am going to ask about us getting people together for a search of the above. It's starting to warm up around here, if there is a body in the water it should surface as soon as the water warms a little.
I pray that it was a false alarm.

Lancaster Co, Pa and Global Emergency Alerts and News (on Facebook)
On April 5th @ 1:18 AM
Breaking News - West Hempfield Twp / Lancaster/ Police Activity/ Between RT 30 and 462 Bridges/ Assist Police Dept (Fire) RQST Boats and Engine for Lighting Poss Person in Water/
Update 1:21 AM Someone Called 911 From This Area Poss Suicide
(TC )asks any updates @ 6:38
7:00 AM ....Never Found Anything All Units Recall

I asked the Cheif about this he said that they got a 911 call and heard water. They pinged the phone to that location but nothing was found.

We boat in then waters at Long Level. I am watching all the Alerts that come in.
When we talk to the Police on Friday I am going to ask about us getting people together for a search of the above. It's starting to warm up around here, if there is a body in the water it should surface as soon as the water warms a little.
I pray that it was a false alarm.

Praying with you.

Ok so the step counter is an app. I would imagine since it showed movement totaling 8 miles in the 9 hours previous then he was possibly resting for at least part of the time that it was still. Transferring info to a burner would be a clever way to outwit Mom and the cops and avoid being tracked.
It could be that he was resting in the neighbors woods and planning on leaving your phone in the mailbox after dark or something when he was discovered by the property owner.

I asked someone that I know who happens to remind me a whole lot of Joey. I gave him several possible scenarios and asked him what he thought was going on.
His answer was quick..and he said voluntary disappearance. He said Joey may be feeling disgusted with himself and decided to do the same thing I did...leave. To get away from the friends that I do drugs with, to get away from family that I've hurt and embarrassed and stole from, away from people I've pi$$ed off, and to avoid house arrest or jail. To have time to think and try and deal with my problems.
This guy had made contacts in another state and moved there and got a job and eventually rehab but was in contact with people within a month or so. People knew where he was at eventually. One of his girlfriends knew the entire time where he was.
I'm hoping for a similar outcome for Joey. Addiction is a powerful thing.

(Joey if you ever see this, I'm so very sorry but you need help. Please come home.)
Well it was a voluntary disappearance that I believe but I don't think it was to get clean since he got drugs as soon as he left the house. His drug of choice was heroin but a few months before he was arrested (December 2) he discovered Meth. He was going back and forth between the two and at times doing them together (it's called speed balling). This along with 2 overdoses a month apart that the police had to hit him with Narcan, last one being 4 hits to bring him back after I busted through his bedroom door to get to him. It did something to him, I couldn't put my finger on it but he was different. After the second overdose (Nov 7) he asked me WHY? Why did you save me? I said I'm not ready to lose you Joey and he said that I was being selfish, that I knew how hard this was on him and he would never be able to stay clean. The thought of him going to jail hoffified me, but I knew he was safer there and at the time (he was driving) so was everyone else. I was really hopeful that since this was a first for him and anyone from this area knows LCP is one of the worst as far as food, heating and no AC it's a really old prison. He would hate it and want to turn things around, that's not what happened. I kept telling my husband something is off with him, I couldn't put my finger on it but he was different. The first visit with him 2 weeks into his about 4 month stay, he wanted to know right away when am I getting out and seemed to be withdrawling. After that he was good, I said Joey I know this is hard on you and He said no it's like vacation ! What ? Yeah it's like my brain is on vacation I don't have to worry about where my next fix is coming from and people in here they understand me, don't get me wrong the food sucks and you don't get enough but other then that I'm fine. Wow I am still floored by that, but he was good and safer there. Now that whole year 2015 I had been trying to get him to see a psychiatrist, just to rule out any mental health issues, we thought he had some anxiety stuff going on.... But no he didn't want that. So while he is in jail he is requesting to see one who puts him on a drug ( can't think of the name right now ) but it's for schizophrenia ! Joey did not need this drug and when he called me and asked me to look it up, I told him to stop taking it the reviews were horrible on that drug and it would make you crazy. He did stop and I don't think he was on it long but it didn't help matters at all. Every time I showed or told him about a rehab I thought sounded cool, he didn't want that so when his court date came up I asked the judge against Joeys lawyers request to please court order him to a long term rehab that we will pay for, so it was ordered. After that I stopped bringing it up so much because now it's between him and the PO/ Courts. However I would ask Joey what can we do to help you stay clean when you get out, he would say, nothing. Joey are you going to try and stay clean? Idk he would say. When I would just look at him he would say well I'm not lying to you. This was different for Joey, he had 4 months in and no plans to stay clean, no talk of making his life better. So did he run? Did he snap? Did he plan on getting drugs and using till he Oded ? Maybe all 3 idk but we are pretty floored and didn't see that one coming. Joey knows we would move him anywhere he wanted if it would help him stay clean, but he didn't run to stay clean that I'm sure of...... Very sadly sure of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor
Back