Found Deceased PA - Joseph 'Joey' Ressler, 24, West Hempfield, 26 March 2016

Hope it's ok to post the name here on Facebook it's called "I Hate Heroin" Joeys face book is just under his name Joey Ressler but it's just his stuff, pictures and friends posting. I hate not knowing we're he was or what he was doing.
I have read that about hypothermia. He was found with his shoes 5-7 feet away neatly placed and his T-shirt about 20 feet away. Also a sweatshirt was found that wasn't his but he must have been wearing at one time. His black hooded jacket is missing. I have been walking the tracks looking for it. He couldn't have been out there the whole time or he would have died way before he did. I miss him horribly ��

Are the police still investigating?

Hope it's ok to post the name here on Facebook it's called "I Hate Heroin" Joeys face book is just under his name Joey Ressler but it's just his stuff, pictures and friends posting. I hate not knowing we're he was or what he was doing.
I have read that about hypothermia. He was found with his shoes 5-7 feet away neatly placed and his T-shirt about 20 feet away. Also a sweatshirt was found that wasn't his but he must have been wearing at one time. His black hooded jacket is missing. I have been walking the tracks looking for it. He couldn't have been out there the whole time or he would have died way before he did. I miss him horribly ��

Thanks for the FB group info. I thought of you on Mother's Day and you and Joey have been in my thoughts since this happened. I hope you can find his jacket. Were you allowed to keep the other items found?

I'll keep thinking of you and praying for your family.

Yes they are. I have been viewing the local Turkey Hill footage from the time he left our house on March 26 to see if I see him on there. What a job, it takes 8 hours to look at 24-26 hours of footage. I have only seen him on there one time and that was the day after he left the 27th at 12:30. Get this he buys a phone charger for his phone the same one he dumps at 6:30 after texting his sister goodbye. Hard seeing him on there he just looks edgy and not sure of his next move..... Heart breaking he didn't just come home. I still have a lot of days to look at yet.

Thank you so much, this has been really hard. I didn't find the jacket so my guess is he left it in someone's house or car. They found a grey and black American Eagle sweatshirt not far from him. It was wrapped in a ball with a white T-shirt inside. These were not his clothes but he must have gotten them from someone. His black T-shirt was about 20 feet from his body. His shoes were about 5-7 feet away .... Neatly placed together. That throws me off. He was so out of it he stumbles back in bamboo throwing off his clothes, yet places his shoes neatly ? Way to many questions. No they have not let me have his belongings yet. They have his wallet and passport, clothing I guess. They did give me a picture of the American Eagle shirt, just because I asked. They said he still had money on him and drugs hidden well on his body. I sent for the full autopsy and toxology reports today. His death certificate said multi drug toxicity.... I want to know what all the drugs were. Also told them I want to see pictures of his body. I didn't get to see him and I should have I needed the closure. Plus I have heard different stories on how his body was laying and I want to know. All said he was on his knees, butt up and face down (one said face to the right). One said one of his arms was around his waist another said both arms were back, palms up. He said he was shocked because it was like he was knelt over and just fell.... didn't try to stop his fall. I don't think they know for sure how long he was there. I know long enough they didn't want me to see him. Heard one day, two days and the funeral director said had to be over week. If I could curse on here I would lol. I would just like some real answers, like facts. I know the police are working hard on it and I am just trying to stay out of the way for now and let them go. I don't think he was beat or anything but I do think maybe someone was there with him when he used.

Hi MyJoey......just want you to know that Joey's passing still makes me so sad. I was just thinking about you both today so I am glad to see you are posting here. Ever since joey was found I have pretty much stayed away from the "missing" forum. I feel the pain you are enduring. I have only truly taken two "missing persons" cases to heart since I came to Webseluths years ago....Joey's and Bryce Tartar's cases from a few years back.....Bryce & my son could have been twins. Joey's case really struck a chord within me. I pray you get the answers you seek & truly hurt for your loss. I firmly believe that you can make a difference by posting here....sadly many more mothers of lost sons & daughters will be reading here and I know they will gain strength from your knowledge and all you have been through. I hope so much for peace for you and your family. We know Joey is now at peace so that is somewhat of a blessing, from one mother to another.

I understand your need to see him. I recently read a book about a medical examiner who worked in New York, and one of the stories she related was a man who passed and not been found for a while. His sisters insisted on seeing him. To accommodate them, they placed him on one of the exam tables and covered him with a sheets, so his body was visible but they were spared the worst of it. I thought that was such a compassionate thing for the medical examiner to do. It really helped the women to have one last moment with him.

I still think of both you & Joey often. I hope you're able to find some answers. (((Hugs)))

Thinking of you, MyJoey, and of your Joey. Wondering how you are and if there have been any answers yet. Wishing you peace and love from Alabama.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much. There really isn't any new information just a lot of questions. Police think it will take some time before anyone talks. Most likely when someone is arrested on other charges and wants to cut a deal for information. I do have a few people keeping their ears open in the rooms of AA and people he hung out with from time to time. I have gone to local businesses and checked if they seen him durning the time he was gone. I still have store footage to watch, I am waiting to get them from the police. Im going to talk to the ME in the next few weeks. I have gone over his autopsy and looked everything up, I have questions on it. From what I can tell he had meth and heroin in his system, more meth and little heroin. It seems to me he died of a massive heart attack, the widow maker kind. I'm truly puzzled that they say he was there two days. I understand the body decomposes quickly but it was colder then normal here in April this year. Plus I was reading that meth and other drugs can slow down the process. He was found on April 14th and they say two days which would make it April 12th it rained that morning and all night of April 11th, we had snow on April 9th. I point that out because they noted most of his body and clothing had patterned soil marks. Which makes me think he was there when it rained and possibly when it snowed. There were a lot of postmortem circular abrasions to his left arm, legs and thighs. I have no idea how that would happen. Also he had 8 needle marks in his left arm, to me there should have been more for the time period he was missing. Joey was a needle nut. He had a pretty good amount of drugs still on him. It's a horrible report to read on your own child, but I needed to know. The grief has been hell, I miss him so much. Even in his addiction Joey could light up a room with his laughter and humor. Most of all I miss his hugs, he gave the best hugs. I don't cry every hour anymore but there is a DEEP empty sadness in my heart that I hope time helps with. Since Joeys death 5 others kids here have passed from overdoses, one was a friend of his and I'm sure he knew 2 of the others.
I typed this pretty quickly sorry for any typos ..... Thank you for thinking of me ��

:hug: MyJoey

Continued prayers for strength to you and your family.

MyJoey.....I am so sorry for the sorrow you are experiencing. It was so good of you to check back in.....I think of you and Joey often. ((((((Hugs))))))

Thank you so much. There really isn't any new information just a lot of questions. Police think it will take some time before anyone talks. Most likely when someone is arrested on other charges and wants to cut a deal for information. I do have a few people keeping their ears open in the rooms of AA and people he hung out with from time to time. I have gone to local businesses and checked if they seen him durning the time he was gone. I still have store footage to watch, I am waiting to get them from the police. Im going to talk to the ME in the next few weeks. I have gone over his autopsy and looked everything up, I have questions on it. From what I can tell he had meth and heroin in his system, more meth and little heroin. It seems to me he died of a massive heart attack, the widow maker kind. I'm truly puzzled that they say he was there two days. I understand the body decomposes quickly but it was colder then normal here in April this year. Plus I was reading that meth and other drugs can slow down the process. He was found on April 14th and they say two days which would make it April 12th it rained that morning and all night of April 11th, we had snow on April 9th. I point that out because they noted most of his body and clothing had patterned soil marks. Which makes me think he was there when it rained and possibly when it snowed. There were a lot of postmortem circular abrasions to his left arm, legs and thighs. I have no idea how that would happen. Also he had 8 needle marks in his left arm, to me there should have been more for the time period he was missing. Joey was a needle nut. He had a pretty good amount of drugs still on him. It's a horrible report to read on your own child, but I needed to know. The grief has been hell, I miss him so much. Even in his addiction Joey could light up a room with his laughter and humor. Most of all I miss his hugs, he gave the best hugs. I don't cry every hour anymore but there is a DEEP empty sadness in my heart that I hope time helps with. Since Joeys death 5 others kids here have passed from overdoses, one was a friend of his and I'm sure he knew 2 of the others.
I typed this pretty quickly sorry for any typos ..... Thank you for thinking of me ��

Sending you heaps of love. I'm sorry there are still so many questions. Thank you so much for checking in with us, we're always here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw you on the Gannon thread and came here to read about your Joey. It’s beyond heartbreaking. Big huge hug… I’m so glad you stayed with Websleuths, it’s wonderful to have your positivity and passion for justice.
Thank you ❤️. I know the pain of losing a son, but I can’t imagine having to deal with what Gannon’s family is dealing with and knowing Gannon suffered, that is beyond heartbreaking . That will be their first thoughts of Gannon for many years, eventually they will be able to remember happy times and smile but…… I can’t even imagine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back