PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
so...no one else wondering about the other dog and when it 'left' the premises?? I mean, the BF left earlier that evening June 28, albeit not willingly. Was his dog there then?
this is bothering me

The BF's dog has always bothered me. Did Kortne or the BF call his dad to come get the dog? I don't remember seeing anything in print as to when he picked up the dog.

Another thing who had her car or was it left home? I had thought she left it at another bar and went with her friends.

Yes the car bothers me also, she had driven it to the first bar she went to that night, from there she hopped a ride with the guys to the Hardware Bar. I could never find any information on whether her car was back at her house that night or if it had been left at the first bar she was at.

if BF left the apt 'unwillingly' and was in custody of LE, why would BF need to have a dog picked up if BF thought KS was gonna be around to take care of it?

Assuming the dog was picked up between the time BF left the apt, and the time KS's mother found her dog at the apt on Mon.....but WHY?? When?
Didn't that person wonder where KS was, if they knew BF was otherwise detained? So they just left KS' dog there by itself?? they didn't {try to} call KS to say coming to get the dog?
did they have a key? Or was the door open when they got there?

if BF left the apt 'unwillingly' and was in custody of LE, why would BF need to have a dog picked up if BF thought KS was gonna be around to take care of it?

Assuming the dog was picked up between the time BF left the apt, and the time KS's mother found her dog at the apt on Mon.....but WHY?? When?
Didn't that person wonder where KS was, if they knew BF was otherwise detained? So they just left KS' dog there by itself?? they didn't {try to} call KS to say coming to get the dog?

Yes Im questioning WHY the dog had to get picked up.
Are we sure the dad picked up that dog?

Yes the car bothers me also, she had driven it to the first bar she went to that night, from there she hopped a ride with the guys to the Hardware Bar. I could never find any information on whether her car was back at her house that night or if it had been left at the first bar she was at.

For some reason I thought her car was home. And the Keys inside!
I might be wrong I dont have time to go search.

I have a question was he in custody? Or released to parents?

Stouffer lived in the apartment for more than a year and had two black Labrador retrievers, said her neighbor. Only one of the dogs was found in the apartment after Stouffer disappeared.

Scott Stouffer said that one of the dogs belonged to his daughter and the other to her boyfriend, Bradley, who was not at the home last weekend

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21212616

Very good questions! I'm wondering the same thing.

snipped- She also has a boyfriend, who her family does not believe is involved in her disappearance. He is reportedly on house arrest for a DUI charge.

this b.f. thing is really bothering me- if he was on house arrest, how was he not at 'home' over the weekend, as was stated earlier???

ETA http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21212616

He would have to have been at parents home!
And stopped to get his dog possibly!

If BF was released to Mom and Dad and was at their home this opens a new can of worms if you ask me.

JMO

What would be the reason the neighbors were up tht early in the morning?

Barking dog or dogs?

hey Eilleen, read the article- it is interesting

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements/ci_21427918/police-release-new-info-missing-woman-case

snipped-
"Kortne's father, Scott Stouffer, said earlier this week his daughter did have a gathering, which included alcohol, on the evening of July 28 at her apartment, which she shared with her boyfriend. He said that during the party, probation officers showed up and arrested her boyfriend, who was on probation for DUI and therefore was not permitted to drink."

Okay if KS and her BF lived there and they had 2 dogs, which I am going to assume both dogs were there Friday nite, and then when Kortne's mom came to the apt on Mon, she only found Kortne's dog...
so....

I am just curious... if... there is a missing piece to the puzzle

I had read your post once and today I read it again, sometimes I go back a page or two just to get a feel for which way the conversation is going. It had me thinking. Not saying it went this way but what if the BF tried to call Kortne and couldn't reach her so he called his dad to go over to the apartment and check on the dog at some point the next day. The BF's dad goes to the house and see's that Kortne is not there and the dog has not been taken care of and takes the dog.

I know the missing person report was not filed until Monday, I am not sure exactly what time Kortne's parents were aware she was missing and who told them?

What would be the reason the neighbors were up tht early in the morning?

Barking dog or dogs?

Not sure if the neighbors were awake before Kortne came home, IIRC I think the dogs barking when they came home woke up the neighbors. It's also possible that because Kortne was upset with the neighbors because she assumed that they had called the police on her boyfriend that she was making enough noise to wake them. Could be a combination of both, all of this of course is just an opinion.

Well Im sorry I didnt have time to read the post above yours I just had a thought and wanted to express it.

:) I meant that I should have read the post above me because someone had already answered the question for you.

If no one answered the door when LE came for the last time are we sure LE knocked on these doors. Did he just not respond or when he got there all was quiet so he just left.
Was he off getting doughnuts? and said he went there and knocked and no one answered.

KS didnt ans the door her overnight friend didnt hear it the neighbors didnt hear it.
I dont think the officer was there.
JMO

For some reason I thought her car was home. And the Keys inside!
I might be wrong I dont have time to go search.

Went though some of my notes and she did drive herself to the first bar, the only piece of puzzle I can't find is how the car got back to her house? Couldn't find in my notes but think the car keys were left on the table with her cell phone. I wish more information would come out about that night.

:) I meant that I should have read the post above me because someone had already answered the question for you.

It was funny cause I didnt read any of the posts at all I just thought of the dogs I had not been here in a while then when i went back and read it was strange that others were thinking the same!

Smething is very wrong here and I have a feeling they might know who is responsible but like most cases on here they need to find her.

Went though some of my notes and she did drive herself to the first bar, the only piece of puzzle I can't find is how the car got back to her house? Couldn't find in my notes but think the car keys were left on the table with her cell phone. I wish more information would come out about that night.

Skeet they never said how it got back there. Just that it was there.
If her Keys were in the house whoever drove the car brought them back to her.
Right?

If no one answered the door when LE came for the last time are we sure LE knocked on these doors. Did he just not respond or when he got there all was quiet so he just left.
Was he off getting doughnuts? and said he went there and knocked and no one answered.

KS didnt ans the door her overnight friend didnt hear it the neighbors didnt hear it.
I dont think the officer was there.
JMO

That's the big question, because the third officer was never named in any article. Makes you wonder for sure.

Not sure if the neighbors were awake before Kortne came home, IIRC I think the dogs barking when they came home woke up the neighbors. It's also possible that because Kortne was upset with the neighbors because she assumed that they had called the police on her boyfriend that she was making enough noise to wake them. Could be a combination of both, all of this of course is just an opinion.

If I remember correctly the neighbors were all together when they arrived home
ill hve to go back to the first thread that is a treasure trove of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike