PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made my husband stop flipping through the channels last night when this image flashed on the TV. It caught my eye because it looked like one of the key players (one time POI) in this case. Same area, similar looking, hat is the same team he is known to wear in pics. Anyone else see the resemblance, or is it just me??

http://www.abc27.com/story/25835176/police-investigate-shooting

I was able to ride up to Palmyra this past weekend. As the town is not all that big, I was able to walk end to end and do some other snooping. First thing I noticed is that Palmyra is a mix of small old time town with some modern businesses. The large buildings seen at the West end of town are a huge General Mills distribution facility. The entrance is well guarded with a security building larger than a couple of homes I have owned. The topography and security would not allow wandering in to look at the containment ponds and as such rules out all but a determined effort by skilled individuals to dispose of a body in them. During lunch at "Funks" (good food) my co-investigator and I engaged a couple of the locals. Lots of speculation with regards to drug activity, however it is all rumor passing from person to person. I get the impression that Hershey Chocolate, the theme park and General Mills are the main employers in the area. This does not at all appear to be the kind of town someone would go missing in unless they were causing some sort of "problem" to someone. We also talked to a couple of locals who were mowing their lawns. Same results. We avoided the police as we got the "hairy eyeballs" look as they must know everyone in town and we stood out as strangers. While we did get responses from the towns folk, they exhibited the typical "reserved towards strangers" and were not very gabby. I am left with three scenarios: She antagonized the wrong person and met with foul play. She left to a new life (low on my list) or she ended up in one of the many trucks going to and from the warehouse facilities. 422 (Main Street) is only a short ride from at least two major interstates and Harrisburg. The remote and rural locale also offer boundless opportunities to dispose of remains for someone who knows the area well.

Thanks for doing some leg work on this. I wonder what type of distribution schedule GM has for their trucks. It was not high on my list but at one point I had wondered, if she left the house on her own to take a walk to cool off, it's possibly a trucker picked her up, but I really don't think she went off to start a new life, I think she met with foul play.

I think Kortne went missing because of the events that happened in her life the day and days before she went missing.
someone she associated with on these days is responsible. JMO
I don't think she walked away. JMO

Were there any locations that you could eliminate because of security?

Were there any locations that you could eliminate because of security?

The three containment ponds next to the General Mills facility at the West end of town. I don't see how anyone could get in there due to lighting and a shrubbery barrier. You would have to enter by the rail road right of way and at night not to be seen. There are easier places to dump a body without having to run a security gauntlet.

I did see a Walmart truck parked in the entry road. If this facility distributes over a multi state area, the number of trucks going in and out must be staggering.

I do have some pictures to upload later.

Kortne was listed as living on West Main Street. There was a picture of the house posted. I walked both sides of Main Street from one end to the other and did not see the house in the picture. Some sort of disconnect there. We also checked the next town East (Annville) just in case.

I will be looking for the uploads.

I will try and upload them from my cell phone when I return from China next week. I really need to get a small weather resistant rugged digital camera for this sort of work.

Something interesting I have noted. It appears that (other than Philadelphia or other large cities proper) a large percentage of the missing people in PA went missing in a triangle composed of RT 80, RT 78 and RT 476.

Something interesting I have noted. It appears that (other than Philadelphia or other large cities proper) a large percentage of the missing people in PA went missing in a triangle composed of RT 80, RT 78 and RT 476.

It is not a particularly remote area.

One think would be the proximity to interstate highways. It is easier to get out, to drive into, and to transport a body.

There is a news article on the arrest of a boy who I believe was one of the under age boys that evening at the get together at Kortne's apartment. I believe it was drug related. Comments clearly state that. It seems everyone around Kortne just keep messing up and getting in trouble. To me it seems likely her disappearance was caused by someone in her circle...friend or foe.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

There is a news article on the arrest of a boy who I believe was one of the under age boys that evening at the get together at Kortne's apartment. I believe it was drug related. Comments clearly state that. It seems everyone around Kortne just keep messing up and getting in trouble. To me it seems likely her disappearance was caused by someone in her circle...friend or foe.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

can you provide a link to the article?

tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads