PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trackergd "What I am having trouble with is the time needed to dispose of a body, unless there were more people involved"

Kortne disappeared at 4 (something) am on Sunday morning .. her mother didn't arrive at her apt until Monday morning .. that leaves pretty much all of Sunday morning, afternoon and evening that someone had to dispose of a body. Pruitt could have very well walked to the store to try to "solidify an alibi" by being seen on camera .. he could have gone back to the house and had the remainder of the day to pretty much drive her anywhere as he also had her car keys (they were on the table) ... (what we don't know for sure is if her car was at the apt that night or still at the GSP) .. ALSO ... he could easily tell LE that he purposly left her door unlocked when he left because he saw her keys on the table and assumed she wouldn't be able to get back in the house if he locked it ...

My lingering question is when was the boyfriends dog was taken from the apartment. That has never adequately been answered to my knowledge/satisfaction.

Trackergd "What I am having trouble with is the time needed to dispose of a body, unless there were more people involved"

Kortne disappeared at 4 (something) am on Sunday morning .. her mother didn't arrive at her apt until Monday morning .. that leaves pretty much all of Sunday morning, afternoon and evening that someone had to dispose of a body. Pruitt could have very well walked to the store to try to "solidify an alibi" by being seen on camera .. he could have gone back to the house and had the remainder of the day to pretty much drive her anywhere as he also had her car keys (they were on the table) ... (what we don't know for sure is if her car was at the apt that night or still at the GSP) .. ALSO ... he could easily tell LE that he purposly left her door unlocked when he left because he saw her keys on the table and assumed she wouldn't be able to get back in the house if he locked it ...

Having been in that area and walked the streets including a couple of back ones, there is no way someone is moving a body in daylight without at least one other person seeing it, and the folks around there were pretty nosy about us poking around that day. Even a couple of people struggling to move a rolled up rug would have been noted. Even being in a rural area, most folks are not smart enough (thank goodness) to dispose of a body in a manner that it would not be eventually discovered by hikers and hunters....and now that the leaves have turned and the hunters are out, who knows?

My lingering question is when was the boyfriends dog was taken from the apartment. That has never adequately been answered to my knowledge/satisfaction.

I know I keep asking this question also?

Were there 2 dogs when they arrived home?
Who came and got the other dog and when?

Why were the neighbors up when she got home?
What was going on there?

If I remember correctly didn't she leave her car somewhere else?
If so How did it get back to her APT?

I know I keep asking this question also?

Were there 2 dogs when they arrived home?
Who came and got the other dog and when?

Why were the neighbors up when she got home?
What was going on there?

If I remember correctly didn't she leave her car somewhere else?
If so How did it get back to her APT?

RBBM Yea, I would like to know that as well. That could be the missing link.

Having been in that area and walked the streets including a couple of back ones, there is no way someone is moving a body in daylight without at least one other person seeing it, and the folks around there were pretty nosy about us poking around that day. Even a couple of people struggling to move a rolled up rug would have been noted. Even being in a rural area, most folks are not smart enough (thank goodness) to dispose of a body in a manner that it would not be eventually discovered by hikers and hunters....and now that the leaves have turned and the hunters are out, who knows?
Then that would mean she was outside of the apt. and was lured or willingly went with someone while her "friend" was asleep inside. I would think that someone would have heard something in the early morning hours especially after the confrontations from earlier in the morning and PD knocking on doors. According to Kortne's mother the police had spoken to the 911 caller (they heard stomping from her apartment) yet didn't investigate the source of the noise further after receiving no answer when they knocked on her door.So within a couple of hours this young girl stepped off the face of this earth unnoticed...

For some reason, I keep going back to thinking she went outside to either cool off or went outside to meet with someone. IMO there would have been no way she would have been ready to just lay her head down on a pillow and fall asleep, she was still angry. I don't know if the neighbors were still up when she arrived home but I had the impression that because she was still mad she was yelling and banging and that's what made the neighbors wake up, she thought they were the reason her boyfriend was in jail.

Then that would mean she was outside of the apt. and was lured or willingly went with someone while her "friend" was asleep inside. I would think that someone would have heard something in the early morning hours especially after the confrontations from earlier in the morning and PD knocking on doors. According to Kortne's mother the police had spoken to the 911 caller (they heard stomping from her apartment) yet didn't investigate the source of the noise further after receiving no answer when they knocked on her door.So within a couple of hours this young girl stepped off the face of this earth unnoticed...

I am unable to determine if this is the situation in this particular instance or not, but it has become clear to me in other cases here in PA that "some" LE Departments seem not to make much effort to find missing people if they tend to be "problematic" repeat offenders, known sex workers or known substance abusers, unless of course, the family has money or makes enough noise. They sometimes end up at the bottom of the priority pile....

I would think that the boyfriends dog was taken by his father on Sunday. This would be after the boyfriend was detained by police on Saturday night. Let's say he tried to reach Kortne Sunday morning and she was not returning his calls, so the boyfriend calls his Dad to go over there and check on the dog. The Dad comes by, the door is unlocked, he goes in, maybe calling out her name, by this time the "friend" is gone. The father does a walk through and Korne is not there, and she has not returned any of his son's calls. What is he to think, that Korte is going to break up with his son? Maybe? Just throwing some thought around. So he did what I would probably do in that situation, I would take my son's dog out of there. I would not call anyone to come get Korne's dog because it appears there is nothing wrong or out of place. Cell phone still on the table, car in the driveway? Door unlocked? I probably just looked like she stepped out for a moment. So there is no cause for alarm, just take my son's dog because she never returned my son's calls and may be planning to break up with him. I find it strange though that Kortne's dog would have been in the house all day and not bark and make a fuss because it was hungry or had to go to the bathroom. So much of a fuss that the neighbors would have called the cops again. So there was a twenty four hour time frame for any possibility.

Just found out about this story. Poor girl. Hope she's found. I wish when searching for missing people that they would look further into areas, and not give up. I see so many cops just doing traffic violations etc- have them go into woods and random places under bridges, cemeteries, landfills and look! I know I'm sure easier said than done. Just so annoying.

I didn't read through everything, but I read that one girl's claims to her dad. I would think she's believable, but why was that guy staying with her when she had a bf? If it was the neighbors, how did they do something to her without the guy - Cody, I think...not hearing a thing? Or was he involved according to the witness? She had to be taken out if the apt in the middle of the night. Apt didn't have surveillance I assume? Didn't they say the cops knocked again, but no one answered, and they were there because the neighbors called them? Why, because they heard more noises, but this time it was maybe Kortne struggling? And no sounds when the police knocked because she was already knocked out/murdered? Then the cops could have also been called to cover for the neighbors too. Because maybe they did something and then they called the cops to report the noises because then cops wouldn't suspect them...

So many theories, not many clues. Yet the one, they didn't take seriously - the girl's statement.

Looking at this case again after a break. I did some surfing and found a few pictures that appear to have been some sort of modeling in a bikini and motorcycle chaps with two other girls. At least one of the pictures was taken at a H*rley D*avisdon dealership near the Reading Municipal Airport on 183. I am considering doing a screen shot of that picture and taking it to the dealership and showing it to a couple of my friends to see if it jogs their memory as to the details of the shoot.

I can't quite recall if it was ever disclosed who she had an argument with at the bar, but it appears to have been a female. I keep feeling like the cause is right in front of my face, but I am not seeing it....

Looking at this case again after a break. I did some surfing and found a few pictures that appear to have been some sort of modeling in a bikini and motorcycle chaps with two other girls. At least one of the pictures was taken at a H*rley D*avisdon dealership near the Reading Municipal Airport on 183. I am considering doing a screen shot of that picture and taking it to the dealership and showing it to a couple of my friends to see if it jogs their memory as to the details of the shoot.

I can't quite recall if it was ever disclosed who she had an argument with at the bar, but it appears to have been a female. I keep feeling like the cause is right in front of my face, but I am not seeing it....
Her argument IIRC was with the girlfriend of a guy she owed money to.This got her thrown out of the bar (since closed down) and returned to her apartment where she got into a confrontation with her neighbors (who called the cops earlier because of a party she had ,culminating in the arrest of her bf).

Thanks Topcat. I'm just going back over what has been posted, what I saw in Palmyra myself and what I can dig up on the internet. What I am seeing is that her range extended as far South as at least Reading...and Reading is NOT a safe place for a young "free spirit". I have a few connections in that area that I intend to show some pictures to. Curious about who she owed money to and if that individual has been cleared by LE. Owing money has been the cause for many a person going missing.

Tracker, I'm wondering what makes you think the HD photos were taken in Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11