PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the show but I listened to the podcast. It was rather disappointed as it didn't present any information that wasn't already known. The only exception may be naming AB as the person Kortne had a fight with at the Hardware Bar. I know his name came up before but I can't remember if he was ever officially named. And I couldn't help having the feeling that it was only based on rumor.

The other thing that's frustrating was that it was mentioned that the door was wide open like it's relevant. The father came over and got the bf's dog. So if the door was left opened, it would have been him who left it open.

What bothered me about the podcast was that there was barely any mention of the BF. Only that he was on house arrest and then went to jail that night.

During the entire podcast I just kept thinking, well what does the BF think happened to her? He would have a better idea of the relationships with the neighbors, the friends she was with, the break in into their house previously, and anything else going on in her life. Zero mention of the BF. That is very odd to me.

Apologies if I am bringing up old information.... I need to catch up on the threads.

Today is Kortne's 26th birthday! I wish she was home with her family to celebrate. Happy Birthday Kortne!

I am new to Kortnes case, I saw it on Disappeared a few days ago so correct me if Im wrong but I think it said that when Kortne arrived back at the apartment her neighbours were on the porch, so cant her neighbours verify that Kortne got out of her own car after supposedly driving it back? Also I think CP may have used the argument with the neighbours as a cover for himself. So when Kortne went missing LE would automatically look at the neighbours that did it and not him. Imo CP decided not to open the door to LE because Kortne was already deceased in the apartment, And the neighbour may not have answered the door because everything had gone quiet after he made that last call and didnt want to provoke any more trouble so just ignored the knocking instead

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am new to this too! Just watched the Disappeared episode this morning then kinda skimmed through this thread, too much to read!
Have I missed something but is the guy who stayed in her apartment with her considered a suspect?
I mean..that is very suspicious. If he stayed the whole night wouldnt he know what happened? Did he say he left and she was still asleep?
Did he leave in the morning?
I find the neighbour really odd too. very angry and odd that no one answered the cops when they came the 2nd time. Like wouldnt he be waiting for the cops to come stop her being loud. And even if she wasnt answering door he would have come out to speak to cops.
Very very strange. It has to be one of them.
I also find the neighbour taking all those bags of trash to his car very worrying

Just watched rebroadcast of Disappeared episode - not knowing the case but having lived in an adjacent area at one time.

Looked through the threads here, reading the conflicting information about that night. The way the episode leaves the impression that Kourtne's cell phone/keys/pocketbook were in the apartment and easily found by her mother makes it suspicious that the guy who stayed over didn't notice these things as well.

That when he left, everything was on, the dog (or dogs?) were there, her phone and purse and keys with the car out front - and he just left? No note, no call/text while he was there to anyone - just left everything as is and walked out with door unlocked?

I wonder if LE were able to go over the car that she traveled in with the men, was evidence taken from the apartment (sheets, etc), Were sheets, blankets missing from the apartment?

It's a sad case. I personally am suspicious of the two male "friends". While the neighbor does seem suspicious, he seems more like a red herring - especially if the "friend" who stayed over didn't mention any further interactions with the neighbor while he was there until 7am and didn't mention seeing him outside.

7am seems like a risky time to be moving an unconscious or lifeless body. I'd be inclined to think she was taken out before that time.

While I'd be surprised that her dog didn't make a lot of noise if something happened to her in the apartment (the last disturbance the police were called to?). I'd be further surprised if she was left in the apartment on Sunday unconscious or otherwise and the dog(s) wouldn't have been completed freaked out and caused further disturbance. Being a large dog owner myself, I'd think whatever happened - happened fast with animal(s) present.

And since the possible other dog being present at the time wasn't mentioned in the Disappeared episode, that seems confusing.

If the "friends" continue to have brushes with the law, maybe the best hope will be that one will try to cut a deal with LE to get out of other charges. Either trying to give up evidence they "learned through hearsay", or maybe they'll be dumb enough to inadvertently (but possibly correctly) implicate themselves.

I hope her family and friends can finally get some answers - even if painful, instead of the unknown.

This is such a baffling case with almost nothing to go on. I watched the Disappeared episode a while back and they never mentioned the 2nd dog (the boyfriends dog). Seems odd to me that her boyfriends dad would just come and get the dog out of the blue unless Kortne asked him to take him. I am curious if she called his Dad after the police came and took him to jail or did he just do it on his own? Unless his Dad came extra early in the morning, wouldn't he question why both dogs seemed hungry and needed to go out if he though Kortne was around? I know if you came to my house and my dogs were hungry and wanted to go out, they would definitely let you know! I am curious to know what Kortne's relationship with her boyfriends parents was like. Also with 2 dogs in the apartment, I am sure they would have barked with the police came back the last time and supposedly knocked on the door. This also makes me think whatever happened to Kortne, happened outside of the apartment.

I believe she left the house and then it happened. I would imagine that her dog would have flipped out if someone tried to hurt her.

I'm towards two theories...
1) Premeditation by a shady character in her life... I think the fact that her place was ransacked recently and she was upset about that and had a suspect in mind if very telling. Maybe she threatened that person and it went badly for her. I think it's convenient that the one person who could or would have been around to protect her, her BF, was gone that night.

2) Accident by a neighbor. I could see Kortne stepping out for a smoke or some sort of confrontation with the neighbor when she went back outside (cody or whatever his name is sleeping) and pushing her or throwing something out of anger and results in her death and then covering it up. The neighbor would know that since they have a history of fighting that he would be suspected in intentionally killing her.

I believe she left the house and then it happened. I would imagine that her dog would have flipped out if someone tried to hurt her.

I know my dogs would go absolutely nuts if someone was trying to hurt me while they were around. Someone would have heard that kind of disturbance.

I know my dogs would go absolutely nuts if someone was trying to hurt me while they were around. Someone would have heard that kind of disturbance.

speaking of dogs, I wonder when the cop came knocking from the last complaint did the dogs react to him at the door? My dog certainly would if the doorbell rang or someone knocked on the door..DID the cop hear the dogs? My suspicions lie with the last person who was with her that night in her apartment....

Knowing if the dogs barked when LE came back later and knocked on the door would be an important clue. I also would suspect Kortne's dog would go on the attack if she was being assaulted. This brings into question the banging noises the neighbor heard. If this was a homicide in progress, it would be almost impossible for the dogs not to be aware and to be making an attempt to stop it. This begs two questions. First, if the loud noise was a homicide in progress, where were the dogs that they did not intervene and bark. Second, if the loud noise was not a homicide in progress, what was it? In what manner could the dogs have been kept quiet both during the noise event and when LE came later to check?

Press conference on skeletal remains found in remote, wooded area of Newville...about 40 minute drive from Palmyra. When they were discovered , news said they were a couple years old and "probably male" but they're having a press conference about them tomorrow morning so there must be new info/news. Long shot, but here's to hoping?
http://abc27.com/2017/06/01/coroner...eletal-remains-found-near-newville-last-year/

Coming up on the fifth year anniversary of Kortne's disappearance. Prayers that her family and friends get a resolution soon!

Five Years Ago Today --- Lots of Activities Planned

Reward Now $100,000

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/04/reward_doubled_to_100k_for_inf.html

58e653b7d474d.image.jpg

Lebanon County Crime Stoppers :: 717-270-9800
or
Private Detective Leah Jennings :: 717-348-3205

http://www.ldnews.com/story/news/lo...king-kortne-stouffer-5-years-later/465627001/

It doesn't seem like five years.

The dogs gave me an idea. Could it have a drug overdose, with someone hiding the body afterward? That would explain the dogs not reacting and could explain the noises.

It would also explain why there was no signs of a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500