PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 #7

Knox

Reaction score
Palmyra police are investigating the disappearance of a 21-year-old borough woman, who was last seen on Sunday.

Kortne Ciera Stouffer was last seen around 3:45 a.m. at her home, 810 W. Main St., according to a release from the Palmyra police department.

Police described her as white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing about 115 pounds, with blond hair worn in dreadlocks and green eyes.

She had a tattoo with the words "one love" on her right bicep, another one with stars on her left foot and a third one of flowers and a pistol on her left hip.

Police did not provide any further details about the case in the news release.

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21200862/police-search-missing-palmyra-woman?source=most_emailed

Police are asking anyone with information about Stouffer's whereabouts to contact them at 717-838-8188 or 717-838-8189.

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4
Thread 5
Thread 6

Media/Timeline thread: PA PA-Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21,Palmyra, 29 July 2012 TIMELINE/MEDIA ONLY *NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Kortne Stouffer, was 21 years old on July 28, 2012, when she disappeared. She had the night off from work and went to a bar with friends. The group ended the night at Kortne’s apartment. According to Sergeant Mike Dipalo of the Lebanon County District Attorney's Office, police responded to a call from the apartment around 3:30 a.m. on the morning of July 29 where there was a report of conflict with the neighbors. Police told everyone to go back to their own homes and go to sleep. The next morning, Kortne’s friends discovered she was gone. Kortne had plans to go to the fair with family that day, but when she didn’t show up, they reported her missing. Authorities conducted interviews with the people who last saw Kortne, but nothing brought them closer to finding her. After three years of investigating and no leads in Kortne’s disappearance, her family’s attorney connected them with private investigator Leah Jennings. Investigator Jennings said that while she spoke with people who were with Kortne shortly before she disappeared, nothing led her to finding Kortne. Kortne has a tattoo on her right arm that reads "One Love," a tattoo on the top of her right foot of three stars, and a tattoo on her left side of a pistol shooting flowers.

kortne_stouffer_0c763eea5ea8faf532fd33250c1b86b4.fit-760w.png

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

I am putting money on CP and MR in either of the 2 following scenarios...

1) CP has more then a crush on KS. Offers to take her out, help her clear her mind, aka drink. Follows her home to make sure she arrived alright, breaks up fight with neighbors to protect her, stays with her to make sure she is alright, makes a move on her when she starts to relax. my guess, she is passed out from drinking / stressful day and wakes up during his... advances. Starts kicking screaming, CP realizes he is caught and tries to keep her quiet, accidentally killing her. wraps her up and takes her wherever, dumps her off and drives back (he has MR's car still) and goes to Funcks to show he left the apartment and texts KS.

2) KS called out the man at the bar for robbing her place a few days earlier (apparently money counting machine, backpack and something else were stolen from what I read) Bar guy is the drug distributor for the area, doesn't like being called out in public. Tells CP and MR, likely dealers, she has to go. (explains why KS had to text them to come out of the bar after she was kicked out) They come out, think they stopped for food, dropped MR off and went to get KS's car. CP uses MR's car to follow KS home under the guise he wants to make sure she is ok. Mean while MR borrows a car from someone who couldn't be linked to KS. CP strangles KS, neighbors hear hence 3rd police call. MR in sheer luck arrives with "clean" car after police leave, they load drive and dump. MR heads back to return car / go home. CP goes back to KS apt, checks it's in order, goes to Funcks.

I can tell you a 5'8" female at 115lbs is not only very easy to physically overpower, especially if she had been drinking, but also very easy to move with little effort. In suffocation / strangulation, you are looking at 10 to 20 seconds max fight time, 3 seconds is possible if you press the right spots (Jarhead here) Also no mess other then possibly knocking something over by flailing.

I live close to this area (York) and this case bothers me as I have a 13 year old tall thin blonde daughter.
I also own an ROV (underwater sub with live video feed) and can search some of the possible areas of interest.
I saw a radial map in an earlier thread, but am not super familiar with Palmyra. I know Memorial Lake has been searched fairly well, what are some other suggestions?

I am putting money on CP and MR in either of the 2 following scenarios...

1) CP has more then a crush on KS. Offers to take her out, help her clear her mind, aka drink. Follows her home to make sure she arrived alright, breaks up fight with neighbors to protect her, stays with her to make sure she is alright, makes a move on her when she starts to relax. my guess, she is passed out from drinking / stressful day and wakes up during his... advances. Starts kicking screaming, CP realizes he is caught and tries to keep her quiet, accidentally killing her. wraps her up and takes her wherever, dumps her off and drives back (he has MR's car still) and goes to Funcks to show he left the apartment and texts KS.

2) KS called out the man at the bar for robbing her place a few days earlier (apparently money counting machine, backpack and something else were stolen from what I read) Bar guy is the drug distributor for the area, doesn't like being called out in public. Tells CP and MR, likely dealers, she has to go. (explains why KS had to text them to come out of the bar after she was kicked out) They come out, think they stopped for food, dropped MR off and went to get KS's car. CP uses MR's car to follow KS home under the guise he wants to make sure she is ok. Mean while MR borrows a car from someone who couldn't be linked to KS. CP strangles KS, neighbors hear hence 3rd police call. MR in sheer luck arrives with "clean" car after police leave, they load drive and dump. MR heads back to return car / go home. CP goes back to KS apt, checks it's in order, goes to Funcks.

I can tell you a 5'8" female at 115lbs is not only very easy to physically overpower, especially if she had been drinking, but also very easy to move with little effort. In suffocation / strangulation, you are looking at 10 to 20 seconds max fight time, 3 seconds is possible if you press the right spots (Jarhead here) Also no mess other then possibly knocking something over by flailing.

I live close to this area (York) and this case bothers me as I have a 13 year old tall thin blonde daughter.
I also own an ROV (underwater sub with live video feed) and can search some of the possible areas of interest.
I saw a radial map in an earlier thread, but am not super familiar with Palmyra. I know Memorial Lake has been searched fairly well, what are some other suggestions?

When my chihuahua died she was about 10 lbs. It was weird carrying her even to hand her to someone else. It's not even dead weight as much as awkward weight. It couldn't have been that easy to remove her with neighbors and dogs. MOO

Checked unidentified Female bodies in NamUs and The Doe Network... nothing in Namus and 1 possible in Doe Network... found in Mississippi. A bit far fetched but...

Don't get me wrong, 115 lbs is heavy to carry, or better put, awkward to hold on to... I judged the ease of carry comparable with CP's build mixed with obvious adrenaline in the system and the NEED to move her. I would really like confirmation a rug was missing from the apt... would be slightly heavier, but easier for 2 people to move if wrapped up.

Nothing on CP's or BH's twitter from before 2013. Although CP's twitter shows a tendency towards "the ladies"... MR is smart enough to lock his twitter... AB's facebook isn't too out of the ordinary although looks like it was scrubbed pretty good. Guessing she took either a lot of flak or a lot of questioning after her tip.

Still researching the case and those linked to it. Started setting up pinpoints from KS's house in the allotted time frame where someone could dump... places where there is no house in visual range and low traffic. Unfortunately a lot of possibilities. Saw on one of the fb pages a local in possession of cadaver dogs, may try to find it again and see if they would like to meet up.

Attachments

• namussearch.JPG
    namussearch.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 17
  • posbody.JPG
    posbody.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 20
Y’all have to remember what CP’s chosen profession was at the time Kourtne disappeared. At the time, he was a farrier. (Not sure if he still is or not.)

I’ve been around farriers my entire life as a longtime horse owner. Farriers work day in and day out with 1,000 + animals. Yes, they are alive, but handling horses is not an easy job. Then add in that most farriers do not need gym memberships due to handling horses and the materials they use to shoe them.

Danelle Hallan just recently has a YouTube video on Kortne's case. Nothing really new here, but Danelle has a lot of followers on the internet so it keeps the case in the public's eye.

Listening and reading those things still leads me to believe that, even assuming CP was involved, that whatever happened did not happen in the apartment. There was no physical evidence of a body being moved and the dogs did not attack.

Last edited:
The elephant in the room is how far an actor disposing of KS's body could driven, disposed of the body and then returned to be back by morning. 90% of actors are not going to schlep a body a mile or more into the woods. Possibly down a dirt road or jeep trail, then 10-20 feet into the bush.

The "Biker Gang" option is interesting as it could lead to a number of scenarios, some bad and some much worse, but none of them end well. There are some pictures that lend just a "tad" of support to this. These pictures were taken in the Reading area.

Attachments

• Clue 1.PNG
    Clue 1.PNG
    374.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Clue 2.PNG
    Clue 2.PNG
    464.2 KB · Views: 121
Those pictures were from a paid modeling job that Kortne did. She did other modeling jobs as well.

Isn’t it a bit of a stretch to assume that those photos mean bikers had anything to do with her disappearance? Kinda like when you hear hoofbeats, you do not assume zebras???

If she was still inebriated at all, a strangulation / suffocation isn't going to leave a lot of evidence in the apartment. Cadaver dogs would have likely been useless as it takes a bit for a body to start the decay process. That is why I would like to know if in fact a carpet was missing... At most you are looking at a little bit of vomit or urine. If it happened on the carpet and it was used to roll KS up in, the person effectively removed her and the evidence of a murder. When SS met with AB, he said she provided the best tip and knew things the average public didn't. If you listen to her story, other then names of the party attendees, the only clue she gives that most of us haven't read or watched is the missing carpet. I have a feeling if that aspect weren't true, her story would have been dismissed by the family fairly quick.

I'm not saying by any means that she couldn't have wandered outside... but she had been drinking most of the evening. If she was out cold and failed to hear the police knocking, I doubt anyone else would have woken her without waking CP. This with no texts or calls would mean she wasn't "lured" outside. If she smoked in her apt, she would have no reason to venture outside... if she didn't, her smokes would have likely been on her, not still inside. Also most people I know, myself included, check their phone if they step out to smoke.
I do agree with Trackergd... she was likely dumped close to the edge of the road, out of sight of houses, and likely on a back road. The problem there is that the area is LOADED with places that could have happened. Just from KS's apt to Memorial Lake and Penn National I saw 20 - 30 possibilities easy.

Listening and reading those things still leads me to believe that, even assuming CP was involved, that whatever happened did not happen in the apartment. There was no physical evidence of a body being moved and the dogs did not attack.

I have thought about the dogs... My guess is they were in another room so they wouldn't be badgering CP while he slept. Thought about it in terms of the police knocking on doors during the last call also. Unless they weren't as loud as they have been made out to be by media...

There are literally thousands of places she could have been dumped, that are all within a half hour of her apartment. Many people would be surprised exactly how rural it can get in that area.

There are areas up around Penn National and I-81 that have houses accessible by four wheel drive vehicle only. There are also state parks and state gamelands that are just as remote, and see even less traffic. There is Swatara State Park, which also has adjoining state gamelands, that I-81 runs through.

Schuylkill County is legendary as far as strip mines, Conrad Weiser State Forest, state gamelands, and other large remote areas.

Reaching I-81 from Palmyra, is quick and easy, especially in early morning hours, when there is little traffic.

There are many, many horse farms in those areas as well, and after the economic crises from 2008-2010, many of those farms sat empty for years. Many were for sale for years, or in foreclosure without being actively shown, as there was just no market for them.

With some geographic knowledge of the area, combined with some knowledge of what farms were empty, and a couple of hours worth of time, the biggest concern is getting Kortne out of Palmyra undetected.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back