PA PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

I forgot to note, the State Representatives Aid who was in the office yesterday, lived in the same apartment complex as Lauren and has heard all kinds of stories about the case while growing up.

I forgot to note, the State Representatives Aid who was in the office yesterday, lived in the same apartment complex as Lauren and has heard all kinds of stories about the case while growing up.

Wow, what a coincidence...funny how things work out. Your dedication to this case is inspiring Tracker. I really hope the authorities do something with all your great research. I know you have put *alot* in to this!

And the second step starts. The State Representative has strongly advised me to go to the County DA with all my research information. This is a very positive sign. He said it read like a movie script and is horrified at some of what I dug up.

Fingers crossed!

Met with County Detectives from the DA's Office. Handed everything I had over. I have done all I can. I pray they can solve this case.

Lauren...I am so, so sorry I did not find you, it has haunted me for 29 years. You did not deserve this. I wish I had been a better tracker at the time...

Met with County Detectives from the DA's Office. Handed everything I had over. I have done all I can. I pray they can solve this case.

Lauren...I am so, so sorry I did not find you, it has haunted me for 29 years. You did not deserve this. I wish I had been a better tracker at the time...

Keep the faith Tracker. It's very touching you have never given up on this little girl. You are earning your earth angel status. I will reread the thread and see if i can get any additional insights. But my gut tells me to look no further than an associate of the mothers. The child, with her various needs, was probably in the way. I think its well known who did this, just scared people who dont want to get involved, or have long forgotten her. Thank god you havent. You are a good man.

The Lehigh Valley's missing children

Lauren mentioned:

Lauren Maria Pico Jackson — Five-year-old Lauren was playing outside with other children on Oct. 4, 1988 near her family home in Spring City, Chester County. A playmate told investigators that he saw Lauren walking toward her home when his mother called him in that afternoon. Anyone with information is asked to contact East Vincent Police at 610-431-6363.

http://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-missing-childrens-day-lehigh-valley-20170525-story.html

$

Just reread the thread to refresh my memory on this case, and would like to share my impressions. It may help pressure test current theories that are being worked on.. My usual caveat is I am an amateur! The other caveat is that I tend to keep my theories simple, and find that serves well. What appears to be, most likely is. Here goes.

A disabled, defenseless five year old child was living with a questionably functioning, alleged drug addict of a mother in "the projects". The immediate surrounding area was inhabited by individuals who had previously been institutionalized for various mental issues or limitations. The child in question was last seen playing 100 ft. from her apartment digging in the dirt with a spoon. (With another child?) This was the last known siting of Lauren.

Tracker advises us that footprints believed to be hers, along with adult size prints were found leading to the Vincent Motel, approx. 1 mile down the road from her home. The track stops there, and no evidence of Lauren was ever found inside the motel.
Here is my amateur theory (based on the little we know), followed by some additional questions.

-I do not believe the mother arranged to have this child disappear, although the Perp was most likely a known associate or loose connection of the mothers; someone Lauren associated to her mother.
-I do not believe some concerned citizen removed Lauren to send her off to a better life

-I theorize this was someone who lived in the very immediate area, and frequented the places the children walked to school, to the store, playground, etc. The Perp had talked to Lauren before and was a known. He saw her as easy prey. The Perp must have asked Lauren to go see a puppy, go get some candy to surprise her mom, or something similar. As Tracker points out, her little prints don't indicate any type of a struggle. She went willingly it seems.

-On what happened next, I am a bit conflicted. The profile I have developed of the Perp doesn't include someone who drives, yet the tracks stop at the motel. It has been stated that no evidence of Lauren was found inside the motel, which suggests they left in a car. This point has me a bit baffled, but I'll move forward with that assumption. My profile of the Perp has him intellectually disadvantaged, and not driving a car. None the less, I will move forward with the hypothesis that they walked to the motel, and then left in a car....

***(Tracker - please give me the exact coordinants (x-streets) of where Lauren's apartment was, and where the motel was/is). I will do a little visual mapping exercise and do my best to provide some predictive modeling on the course that proceeded after the motel. Need those exact x-roads tho. If I don't come up with any solid suggestions, I'll let you know that too.

My big questions/thoughts
-Who arranged for Lauren's hernia operations? (This suggests enough caring, and would help refute any concerns that the parent was involved)
-Was Lauren taken to doctor visits on a routine basis?
-Do we know if any of the mother's associates had been permitted to babysit Lauren alone prior to her disappearance
-Did the neighborhood children ever suggest some local "oddball" might have been "the one?"
-Did LE watch closely who participated in the search? (Any POIs there?)
-Who did the older sister suspect? (Kids that age have great spidey sense) And years later, who does she suspect now?

And finally....the little kid who last saw Lauren "heading to her apartment" when his Mom called him in. *This grown man should be interviewed again*. Most likely he saw something, was threatened, or repressed the memory. I really, really think there is something there. Really do.

In summary, sadly, I think this was another sexual assault/murder of a very vulnerable child. While I don't think the mother arranged it, I think it was most likely one of her known associates. This child was easy prey. The reason I thinking the Perp was of diminished intellectual capacity, is why would they be stupid enough to risk being seen with the child while walking a mile to the motel??

Finally, I really do think that if we can locate the remains of this angel, there would be DNA that would link her death to some miscreant that is incarcerated, or was.

All just amateur speculations and ramblings.

***(Tracker - please give me the exact coordinants (x-streets) of where Lauren's apartment was, and where the motel was/is). I will do a little visual mapping exercise and do my best to provide some predictive modeling on the course that proceeded after the motel. Need those exact x-roads tho. If I don't come up with any solid suggestions, I'll let you know that too.

40.172134 - 75.554233 Approximate Place Last Seen
40.173915 - 75.554965 Apartment complex entrance and Park Road
40.173982 - 75.55684 and 40.174036 - 75.557009 Spots where I found what I believe to be Lauren and Actor's prints (to the best of my memory)
40.174028 - 75.558591 Park Road and 724
40.174819 - 75.559063 Hosgood's blood hound lost scent. Picked it back up at Motel.
40.177966 - 75.561472 724 and Arch Street - Vincent Motel - Parking Lot was where scent was finally lost

Okay...I spent some time this evening using Google maps/instant view to "walk around" where Lauren lived, (Park Springs apartments), and where her scent dropped off (at the Vincent motel). I am going to include some screen shots so everyone can get perspective on this area. The first screen shot shows the path from Lauren's apartment to the Vincent hotel. It is 0.7 miles, and a 13 min walk for an adult. That was quite a haul for a five year old with disabilities. After walking the path via Google street view, I find it very hard to believe no one saw them. This was open road, a highway of sorts. Someone must have seen them! The second shot shows the now infamous Vincent hotel, the third shot shows the mileage between two points, and the third shows the rather odd assortment of notable institutions within close proximity. I will post more as I continue my study. Path.PNGVincent motel.jpgwalk.PNGPennhurst state school.PNG

Well, I have formed an amateur opinion and speculation on where Lauren ended up. She disappeared in 1988, that was *one* year after the Pennhurst State school (and nearby asylum) was closed, and residents released in to the general population. *I would want to know who had been a resident at Pennhurst who was either living at the Vincent motel, or visited someone there frequently. My strong speculation is that this was a released resident from the asylum, and that Lauren's remains should be searched for within very close proximity of that now empty building. The attachments show the path from the Vincent hotel to Pennhurst State school, as well as the target area of interest that I speculate her remains might be. At minimum, I would think it would be an excellent place to rule out. There are some horrid stories of abuse from that asylum, perhaps some tortured sole was reinacting what had been inflicted on them, but in Lauren's case, with deadly results. Pure speculation, but probably a reasonable one.hotel to asylum.PNGPennhurst.PNGTarget area.jpg

You have come to the same conclusion that I did. I put her between King Street and the National Guard Armory. I will wait and see what theories the detectives come to after they have had time to study my files.

Were there anymore missing kids after her in the area?

You have come to the same conclusion that I did. I put her between King Street and the National Guard Armory. I will wait and see what theories the detectives come to after they have had time to study my files.

I've attached a map of where you think she might be (indicated by x's, and the area where I think she might be, indicated by o's). Yes, we are certainly close in our speculations. I have her a bit farther up as I think the school or asylum was the "mothership". In my theory getting too close to the armory would have spooked them off. I will be watching this thread praying that your contacts come up with something. Even though so many years have gone by, my instinct says her remains will be found. I see there is some paranormal institute right there doing tours of those old asylums. I'd like to see cadaver dogs taken in to those buildings. I shudder at what might be found buried in the basements, etc. As far as Lauren goes, I would search those buildings for traces of her as well...or very close to the buildings. That's what I'm getting. Glad we are so close on our target zone; that in itself is encouraging.Our theories.PNG

I would have to go check, but I think the buildings that are now the Veterans Center and the National Guard Armory were abandoned Pennhurst buildings at the time. I have to go and locate the little graveyard myself so I can mark the spot on the map.

In doing additional research on Pennhurst tonight, I am feeling outraged and sick to my stomach. There is a great deal of info on the abuse that transpired, There is a benchmark class action suit that resulted in it's closing in 1987. I was further disgusted to learn there are "haunted house tours" being held on the property for commercial profit. That is so repugnant, beyond words.

I did run across info that stated some of the buildings are being demolished, as of late 2016. That demolishen could destroy key evidence in this case, and no doubt other crimes that transpired over the history of that haides hole.

I pray that your contacts will go investigate that property before (potential) finds and key evidence will be destroyed. My god in heaven, what a horror story that place is. Very, very disturbing.

In doing additional research on Pennhurst tonight, I am feeling outraged and sick to my stomach. There is a great deal of info on the abuse that transpired, There is a benchmark class action suit that resulted in it's closing in 1987. I was further disgusted to learn there are "haunted house tours" being held on the property for commercial profit. That is so repugnant, beyond words.

I did run across info that stated some of the buildings are being demolished, as of late 2016. That demolishen could destroy key evidence in this case, and no doubt other crimes that transpired over the history of that haides hole.

I pray that your contacts will go investigate that property before (potential) finds and key evidence will be destroyed. My god in heaven, what a horror story that place is. Very, very disturbing.

If you have not seen it, here is the TV episode by Bill Baldini, a respected local TV Reporter. [video=youtube;ZIepqvHii-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIepqvHii-M[/video]

Pennhurst was hell on earth and it's crimes against humanity were doubled by the State dumping the majority of it's inmates on the streets when it was closed. Some ended up in other institutions, others in apartment complexes and others...on the streets. The State chose to ignore the aftermath and seemed all to willing to forget Pennhurst ever existed.

The complex has been legally and illegally inspected and investigated in detail over they years. Metal, wiring, equipment has been stripped and stolen. There are guards who make every attempt to keep the unauthorized out.

To me the State should step in, buy back the land. A couple of the key buildings should be kept, restored and turned into a museum to educate the public. The balanced should be bulldozed into the ground and the land turned into a park complex. As the complex is dismantled, those charged with the process should inspect every square inch for hidden rooms, hidden notes and hidden evidence.

Yes, Tracker I did see watch that documentary. His work was the main reason that haides hole got shut down. But you are right, they released people unable to cope with day to day life in to the general populace. I was reading various blogs about this place and one said that some people/residents were illegally still living there (hiding) until as late as 1995.

Based on some of the things I read online, and balancing what a read with a grain of salt, I am convinced there would be more than one set of remains found buried on those grounds. There was alot of mention of "the tunnel", the greenhouse, and the firehouse. Lots of talk of "going to the store but not coming back". Apparently, like a prison, the family members of these residents could have accounts for them where they could buy things. Apparently they were given "rubber money" to purchase things.
But in particular, the areas I mentioned above were the most suspicious. There was alot of talk about sexual exploitation of the female residents.

The notion that this property has been turned in to a commercial enterprise is distressing to me. I agree this property should serve as a reminder of how depraved humanity can be, and any proceeds should go as restitution to it's victims.

With regard to Lauren, I believe she is there...somewhere between where you and I have targeted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back