Found Deceased PA - Leah Owens, 31, Fayette County, 15 Sep 2017 *Arrest*

Not to necro the thread, but are you sure this is where she was found? As a local, while it seems like there's a lot of woods here, the whole road is actually littered with houses, farmland and chatty neighbors. I can't help but feel someone would've said something if they saw it.

There was also a bit in the press conference that referenced drug deals, and word on the street is that happens primarily around the core of Dunbar—coincidentally where it's a lot more heavily wooded. There was also this clip that was taken supposedly on the road where they were searching for her, and that doesn't look like any road I've seen along that route;

Again, sorry for the ping; I've been a lurker for a while when this popped back up on my radar. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents if it meant anything.
The location I provided was the general area. I am pretty certain it is the road immediate above Laurel Hill Road - Balaban RD - that you see from above in a brief video from a news helicopter (KDKA or WPXI but my memory is fuzzy on which one) that flew over the area after she was found. At the time of the news (and my post) law enforcement had asked media not to reveal where the recovery site was - so I generally pinned the area rather than pin the much closer location. If I am not misremembering there is a photo or video out there (or there was since media can often disappear) that shows state troopers just off the road near their vehicle that is helpful in geolocating more precisely the spot.

The location I provided was the general area. I am pretty certain it is the road immediate above Laurel Hill Road - Balaban RD - that you see from above in a brief video from a news helicopter (KDKA or WPXI but my memory is fuzzy on which one) that flew over the area after she was found. At the time of the news (and my post) law enforcement had asked media not to reveal where the recovery site was - so I generally pinned the area rather than pin the much closer location. If I am not misremembering there is a photo or video out there (or there was since media can often disappear) that shows state troopers just off the road near their vehicle that is helpful in geolocating more precisely the spot.
Okay - thanks for responding! I'll keep an eye out for that video if it comes across my path later on.

Thanks again for your diligence, along with everyone else who archived the details of this case; it really got me looking more into local cases and gave me a deeper respect for what you all do here :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes
Back