Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering a bit about this possibility. When I read the affidavit it didnt mention anything leaning towards sex trafficing. It seems the investigators really are pulling this situation together. I hope there isnt another angle to this case.
I hear you... no evidence that she is dead so we need to look at all angles.. It still could be sex trafficking...

It almost seems like he picked her up, drove past his apartment, went to his work place to do his thing and dispose of body, then finally while returning home, figured he would drive back into the country side to hide remaining clothing.
I wonder if his work place had security cameras, and also near his apartment should be plenty of security cameras. The way his work place and apartment is in the busier section of town, I think the LE know lots more then there are telling, they are dropping clues hoping someone bites on them. As indicated above I would be very interested with those woods and pond to the rear of his workplace.

So on 6/21 he took Linda at 12:42, was seen about 9 miles east of her home on Amish Road in Gap around 1:30 and then was at the Harvest Road business from 2:30 until 3:35, which is about 3 miles west of where he abducted her. All from Old Order community witnesses, latter-day technology led to arrest of suspect in Amish woman’s kidnapping

Why would he have driven east initially and then west, passing the general location from which he took her and then gone to Harvest Road? Did he hand her off to someone near Gap then drive west to hide evidence? Did he plan to assault her in Gap but had to go with plan B of Harvest Road?

I still wonder if someone else is involved.

YES!!! I’m wondering the same thing. He’s familiar with the area then why all the driving around.
I need more info to believe this was an impulsive act.

Impulsive or premeditated ....I’m still upset that this guy was on the loose and we were basically told to chill about the strange vehicles running around.

Yeah, thats right, you feel me. If she has been swapped for some incentive, I truly hope she isnt suffering. Just pure speculation, but it is an avenue that is possible.

That is my concern also.

Maybe I’m reading into things but...
•LE has only mentioned “harm” (could be any crime)
•DA has remained very tight lipped (no presser, no reassurance of safety to the community etc)
•LE has been vigilant about vehicle locations...even still.

If he handed her off to someone in the Gap area and then headed west to Harvest Road and arrived there less than two hours after he took her. it doesn’t necessarily have to be trafficking, although it’s possible. Of course, stranger abductions are rare, yet here we are. He could have confined her in a location where no one would find her to come back to later. Maybe Harvest Road was his dumping ground, as he went there several times.

Maybe the point was to round her up for someone else, not actually a trafficker, so he could gain money or drugs or repayment of a debt. Was he just some weird incel who wanted a girl?

It would feel strange to have worked with him. I wonder if he stood out to coworkers as odd or dangerous. Did he talk about weird things and make people uncomfortable? Or did he just blend in?

I’m Curious: why would someone photograph the INSIDE of a vehicle? What would have been so interesting ? License plate I could see but interior seems a little extra.
Non- locals- some of these areas do not have local police. If you hear that the state police responded it’s most likely a more rural area. It takes much longer to get police to a location. I’d guess that’s why the car was gone before the PSP arrived

I’m Curious: why would someone photograph the INSIDE of a vehicle? What would have been so interesting ? License plate I could see but interior seems a little extra.
Non- locals- some of these areas do not have local police. If you hear that the state police responded it’s most likely a more rural area. It takes much longer to get police to a location. I’d guess that’s why the car was gone before the PSP arrived
I agree, your really pushing it taking photographs of someone's inside vehicle. I know if I walked outside my house and saw someone taking pictures of my vehicle there would be a confrontation. So what made this individual so comfortable to take these pictures?

If he handed her off to someone in the Gap area and then headed west to Harvest Road and arrived there less than two hours after he took her. it doesn’t necessarily have to be trafficking, although it’s possible. Of course, stranger abductions are rare, yet here we are. He could have confined her in a location where no one would find her to come back to later. Maybe Harvest Road was his dumping ground, as he went there several times.

Maybe the point was to round her up for someone else, not actually a trafficker, so he could gain money or drugs or repayment of a debt. Was he just some weird incel who wanted a girl?

It would feel strange to have worked with him. I wonder if he stood out to coworkers as odd or dangerous. Did he talk about weird things and make people uncomfortable? Or did he just blend in?

I agree! Criminals don’t usually go from robbery to sex crimes. Sex assaults are about control. I can see the red flags in him but he hasn’t really been out of jail that long. Sex offenders usually work their way up to these more Heinous acts.
I too am curious what people are saying about him.

I’m Curious: why would someone photograph the INSIDE of a vehicle? What would have been so interesting ? License plate I could see but interior seems a little extra
Maybe tools that looked either stolen or could be used to break in somewhere? A crazy looking bunch of trash? Something covered up and looking strange? It does seem extra. I wonder if that business had trouble with theft or vandalism before and this wasn’t the guy’s first rodeo with a suspicious vehicle on the premises.

I only read through the affidavit once, but did I read correctly that this creep parked his car in a driveway area, got out, crossed the street to where Linda was walking....and then they were seen walking back together towards his car? What on earth did he tell her that she would go with him? Reminds me too much of Brendt Christianson's tactic.

Interesting...
Who said there was a massive amount of blood on the clothing?. Who said there was any blood on the clothing? LE claimed they have a reason to believe she was harmed, but there could be several reasons to make that claim.
Perhaps they found a gun with a bullet discharged. Maybe a knife he had with small amounts of blood on it. "Harmed" doesn't mean "murdered".
If there was blood on the clothing, that doesn't prove she was murdered. Yes, there are cases in which enough blood is collected at a crime scene to conclude someone could not possibly sustain life, along with other types of circumstantial evidence to prove there was a murder. I don't believe a bra and a pair of stockings would hold enough blood to prove someone was murdered, even if they were saturated, but I may be wrong.
I'm not saying I believe she is still alive, but by the same token, as far as I know, there's no evidence she's dead.

Nobody is saying that -that was just my “for instance”. I have no idea what they do or don’t have, aside from what has been reported. And they have not charged him with murder yet, so it’s possible they have no evidence at all that will support charges more serious than kidnapping. But I do think they’ll get the evidence to charge him with rape and murder on top of the kidnapping charge, and I hope it’s soon, and I hope they find it without his assistance, so they don’t have to make a deal with him.

If Amish women do not wear black hair coverings to church, then why was Linda wearing one, and where did it come from?
Could it be she wrapped the dark stockings around her head and tied them in a knot to show a sign she was in trouble?
Something's not adding up here.

Some groups of Amish wear the black head coverings to church only, and I think that is why this is significant. Some other Amish groups wear white ones all the time. Linda would have changed out of that black head covering right after church, but couldn’t do so.

I only read through the affidavit once, but did I read correctly that this creep parked his car in a driveway area, got out, crossed the street to where Linda was walking....and then they were seen walking back together towards his car? What on earth did he tell her that she would go with him? Reminds me too much of Brendt Christianson's tactic.
Accounts of Linda’s personality make her sound shy and docile. And then there is the Anabaptist principle of nonresistance. I know it’s Wikipedia, but it’s pretty accurate. Nonresistance - Wikipedia

The Amish are a lot better at nonresistance than we Mennonites are.

Yeah, I don’t understand this, either. Why aren’t the clothes and body together?
I asked that earlier as well because I thought he must not have realized DNA would be likely on her and her clothes. Smarter folks than I said so she wouldn't be easily identified as Linda. But why those two items, and where are the rest? Because the rest of her clothes are the pieces that identify her as Amish.
Moo

I asked that earlier as well because I thought he must not have realized DNA would be likely on her and her clothes. Smarter folks than I said so she wouldn't be easily identified as Linda. But why those two items, and where are the rest? Because the rest of her clothes are the pieces that identify her as Amish.
Moo
He figured fabric would not have DNA (I'm not saying this guy was smart), so he disposed of it separately.

He was parked on the owner's property and had already been there once that day--peering into the windows and walking around the backside of the property. The owner sees the car for the second time and now it has no driver/occupants. They also know that a non-emergency call to the police means that it can take hours for them to arrive. Taking photos ensures that if the person is caught with items (tools, etc) in the car as police might pull him over that the police will have seen photos of the car at the property without the items.

Only caveat is that that the photos may have been of something/some item that would indicate that they belonged to an Amish person or had been stolen from an Amish person.

If he killed her maybe he got rid of the body then realized her clothes were still in his truck. Or he may think that DNA could be completely washed off of the body but not completely washed out of the clothes. If he disposed of her in a body of water he might think that there would be no DNA to find by the time she surfaced.
Maybe he cleaned her with something first. Eww.
It’s hard to believe that she could still be alive somewhere unless there is someone else involved.
MOO

Accounts of Linda’s personality make her sound shy and docile. And then there is the Anabaptist principle of nonresistance. I know it’s Wikipedia, but it’s pretty accurate. Nonresistance - Wikipedia

The Amish are a lot better at nonresistance than we Mennonites are.

Lol, it's true. (I have punched a few people.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname