Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it Wednesday night that someone said there was some traffic/activity/etc going on in the area?

There was a helicopter from Smokehouse Helicopters that was out circling that night for about an hour or more - around 10pm EST.

Circled Bird-in-Hand area - lowered speed and altitude in several areas. Also made a lot of circles around the Lancaster Airport.

Interesting site to check air traffic - Flightradar24
JMO

I’m not sure that ground search rods would be the best way to search a manure pit as it is not something that should be stood on, plus pits are typically a minimum of 8’ deep. Another factor is that pit are extremely dangerous as far as gases are concerned. They can kill people extremely quickly. There was an accident in Maryland a few years back where a father and two sons were overcome and killed by gases. One succumbed first, and the other two succumbed in attempted rescues.

Missing father, sons found dead in farm's manure pit

There is also a semi-permanent residual at the bottom of the pit, and in order to search that you would have to empty it.

Here is some generalized information on size and volume of manure pits.

Storage Tanks for Liquid Livestock Manure
Being that I am just getting out of work and getting ready for dinner, I will just take your word for it and not click on the links. LMAO

What I’m really struggling with is that the FBI says on their website that “She was last observed at a farm on Stumptown Road, between the intersection of Beechdale Road and Gibbons Road in Bird-in-Hand”, YET according to Google Maps there isn’t, is NOT a farm on Stumptown that intersects at Beechdale & Gibbons Rd. ETA: Stumptown, Beechdale and Gibbons don’t intersect at all.* But there is farm(land) that intersects at Beechdale and Stumptown, and there is farm(land) that intersects at Beechdale and Gibbons, and at Gibbons and Stumptown Rd.

Pennsylvania

Google Maps

Maybe I’m just reading that too literally? You know, us autistics can get caught up on minor details sometimes. IMHAspieO, or maybe that’s just this autistic.
Someone please point out if I’m mistaken.

—However the FBI seems to be quite purposeful about the wording about the reward, so....

Last edited:
What I’m really struggling with is that the FBI says on their website that “She was last observed at a farm on Stumptown Road, between the intersection of Beechdale Road and Gibbons Road in Bird-in-Hand”, YET according to Google Maps there isn’t a farm on Stumptown that intersects at Beechdale & Gibbons Rd. But there is farmland that intersects at Beechdale and Stumptown, and there is farmland that intersects at Beechdale and Gibbons, and at Gibbons and Stumptown. Stumptown Rd

Pennsylvania

Google Maps

Maybe I’m just reading that too literally? You know, us autistics can get caught up on minor details sometimes. IMHAspieO, or maybe that’s just this autistic.

—However the FBI seems to be quite purposeful about the wording about the reward, so....
You have a great point there. "Farm" implies buildings and equipment, while "farmland" implies just land.

Story also carried by WGAL online, but I can’t bring the link over - sorry.

google tells me the population of her hometown is 402, so it’s likely she’s known by most families there. I do find it odd that she seemed to be going to or coming from church alone....

How many young persons her age go into the world, to experience things outside the Amish community?
I don't think many people including young people who are part of a close knit community like the Amish leave to experience things in the outside world. I think after church she was headed for home. I think walking home in that neighborhood is pretty safe. Sounds like she was abducted.

In addition to any local cameras along the roads, I meant to ask if there had been any drones used. Does anyone know?

I grew up in Lancaster County & am very familiar with this area in particular. While it seems to be remote, this can be quite busy with tourists, especially this time of year. IMO, I’m not ruling out her disappearing on her own, however, I have a sinking feeling this may be an abduction. I am praying that she returns safe & sound to her family soon.

I grew up in Lancaster County & am very familiar with this area in particular. While it seems to be remote, this can be quite busy with tourists, especially this time of year. IMO, I’m not ruling out her disappearing on her own, however, I have a sinking feeling this may be an abduction. I am praying that she returns safe & sound to her family soon.
The tourism that day was extremely scarce, it was a Sunday, and we were still in lock down.

I hope she finds a way to free herself from whomever abducted her and returns home.

Theories/speculation needs to be based on some known fact.

Discussion re puppy mills has been removed as there is absolutely nothing in MSM or from LE to substantiate such speculation.

From the FBI poster:
"The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of Linda Stoltzfoos and the identification, arrest and conviction of the subject(s) responsible for her disappearance."
This is a statement by the FBI that they believe Linda was abducted.
The hunt for answers takes a new turn.
I think the language used is pretty standard for the FBI. I don't know that it means she was abducted, necessarily. Here's a few other descriptions on the FBI's Kidnapping/Missing Persons page:

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of Linda Stoltzfoos and the identification, arrest and conviction of the subject(s) responsible for her disappearance.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual(s) responsible for the disappearance of Sarah Burton.

A reward of up to $25,000 is being offered for relevant information leading to the recovery of Amber Cates or the prosecution of person(s) responsible for crimes committed against Amber Cates.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of Aranza Maria Ochoa Lopez.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the arrest of the individual(s) responsible for the disappearance of Jonathan Fraser.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the location of Karlie Lain Gusé.

What I’m really struggling with is that the FBI says on their website that “She was last observed at a farm on Stumptown Road, between the intersection of Beechdale Road and Gibbons Road in Bird-in-Hand”, YET according to Google Maps there isn’t, is NOT a farm on Stumptown that intersects at Beechdale & Gibbons Rd. ETA: Stumptown, Beechdale and Gibbons don’t intersect at all.* But there is farm(land) that intersects at Beechdale and Stumptown, and there is farm(land) that intersects at Beechdale and Gibbons, and at Gibbons and Stumptown Rd.

Pennsylvania

Google Maps

I believe it means: “She was last observed at a farm on Stumptown Road, between... Beechdale Road and Gibbons Road ...." So, somewhere between those 2 roads (red dots) that branch off of Stumptown Rd., a distance of about .8 miles (blue oval).
20200711_021748.jpg

I looked again at Google Maps and noticed a paved private road that has buildings on it that cuts off the corner of Stumpfield and Beachdale Road. Also, looked more closely at the creek as it cuts through the fields. This made me ask the question, would she ever take these shortcuts home? Do Amish folks cut through to make the walk home shorter? I noticed a worn area next to the creek, do you suppose this is a common walk way for folks?
I am sure they have been checked, maybe they should be checked again.

I looked again at Google Maps and noticed a paved private road that has buildings on it that cuts off the corner of Stumpfield and Beachdale Road. Also, looked more closely at the creek as it cuts through the fields. This made me ask the question, would she ever take these shortcuts home? Do Amish folks cut through to make the walk home shorter? I noticed a worn area next to the creek, do you suppose this is a common walk way for folks?
I am sure they have been checked, maybe they should be checked again.

I’m sure people use the shortcuts around there to save time in that setting.

In the first days after Linda disappeared, that area was searched pretty thoroughly with everything available: drones, ATVs, people on horseback, people walking, boats, and a dive team. It seemed as if they went through fields, checked the water, and looked in barns and outbuildings beyond just the immediate area. Not to be gross, but if remains were in the vicinity somewhere outdoors, the odor and animal activity would have been observed by now.

I’m sure people use the shortcuts around there to save time in that setting.

In the first days after Linda disappeared, that area was searched pretty thoroughly with everything available: drones, ATVs, people on horseback, people walking, boats, and a dive team. It seemed as if they went through fields, checked the water, and looked in barns and outbuildings beyond just the immediate area. Not to be gross, but if remains were in the vicinity somewhere outdoors, the odor and animal activity would have been observed by now.
That's what I assumed - the search was thorough. And was that when local LE turned it over to the FBI? If they think kidnap, and it's been nearly a month, she's either alive and being held or deceased.
Moo

Was it Wednesday night that someone said there was some traffic/activity/etc going on in the area?

There was a helicopter from Smokehouse Helicopters that was out circling that night for about an hour or more - around 10pm EST.

Circled Bird-in-Hand area - lowered speed and altitude in several areas. Also made a lot of circles around the Lancaster Airport.

Interesting site to check air traffic - Flightradar24
JMO
I did a google search and there are a few companies that offer helicopter rides in the area. These companies start at either Lancaster airport or Smoketown airport. Smoketown Airport is right in Linda’s area. The companies also provide Aerial Services, where they can video or photograph events or survey the area.
How late do the prayer events go at night? This could have been someone videoing the gathering. Or it could be someone surveying the area and taking photos. Or it could be someone just out practicing or on a lesson... Jmo

I did a google search and there are a few companies that offer helicopter rides in the area. These companies start at either Lancaster airport or Smoketown airport. Smoketown Airport is right in Linda’s area. The companies also provide Aerial Services, where they can video or photograph events or survey the area.
How late do the prayer events go at night? This could have been someone videoing the gathering. Or it could be someone surveying the area and taking photos. Or it could be someone just out practicing or on a lesson... Jmo
There was a prayer service that evening, but evidently there was a series of accidents on a major artery in a county to the north that forced traffic on all sorts of local roads for hours. Possibly the helicopter was checking out the traffic situation.
Police and hazmat crews respond to 14 accidents along parts of I-81 and I-78, one fatal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419