Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am somewhat amazed at how many WS members live so close to me, and I have only met Richrd and a couple of others. When this pandemic is over, we all need to meet up at Yoders or Shady Maple!:D

I wish I lived closer than New York, Tracker. I would like to meet the people here, too (although I did once live in Lancaster for 4 years). Websleuths has so many members, and I am always surprised to see familiar names in the various threads that I visit.

I’m a newbie here, but have been following cases on Websleuths for a while. This one hits VERY close to home. We live about 10 minutes from Beechdale Road. Actually, we were over there yesterday at the bake shop on Gibbons Road when the alert came in that an arrest was made. Beechdale north of Gibbons was closed, so that made sense.

Anyway, I read in an article about his previous crimes that he was a suspect in a robbery at a farm stand on 322 and Sheep Hill Rd. That is literally just down the road from the fire station where the search headquarters is today. He is obviously familiar with that area. The marked location is the farm stand area.

hi neighbor! I’ve been here awhile and never imagined a case like this would hit close to home.

Do you know if JS was the person responsible for the roadside stand robberies?

I know I’m in the minority here but I feel like more is going to come out. LE held so much back (not unusual) but they are still refusing to answer media questions or have a press conference. In light of a kidnapper being on the loose for 3 weeks..(I realize they were probably tailing him - I hope)....we’ve heard nothing comforting form LE & DA. It makes me wonder if this case is more complicated than we realize at the moment.
I still feel unsettled about all this.
JMO
Edited to fix errors

The pic released of the car is pictured at the abduction site or near to it..... it’s on Beechdale, the pics match up of the silo. Can’t make out who is in the vehicle or if it’s before or after he picked her up!!

I know I’m in the minority here but I feel like more is going to come out. LE held so much back (not unusual) but they are still refusing to answer media questions or have a press conference. In light of a kidnapper being on the loose for 3 weeks..(I realize they were probably tailing him - I hope)....we’ve heard nothing comforting form LE & DA. It makes me wonder if this case is more complicated than we realize at the moment.
I still feel unsettled about all this.
JMO
Edited to fix errors
Sometimes LE is tight lipped even after they arrest someone because they are not sure if the person arrested acted alone, and they don't want to tip another perp as to what they have/have not discovered, giving that person/persons a chance to destroy or move evidence.
That's the reason the courts seal warrants too.

Seems he most likely threw her body and her clothes in the trunk of his car. Drove to one area (Ronks)) to get rid of her clothing, thinking they would never find them. Then drove to another location (Welsh Mountain Nature Preserve) to dispose of the body. I still think the assault and murder could have taken place in Gap, quite possibly at his place of work. I could be wrong, JMO.
BBM --was it in GAP at the place where he parked behind, looking into windows ??
I cant seem to shake the feeling he was either checking to make sure nobody was in there to see him dispose of clothing, her, etc OR he was checking to see if it is VACANT building to possibly kill her, dispose of her body.
Either way, I am glad he has been caught and now LE can focus on finding her and bring her home to her family.

BBM --was it in GAP at the place where he parked behind, looking into windows ??
I cant seem to shake the feeling he was either checking to make sure nobody was in there to see him dispose of clothing, her, etc OR he was checking to see if it is VACANT building to possibly kill her, dispose of her body.
Either way, I am glad he has been caught and now LE can focus on finding her and bring her home to her family.
He was seen (according to witnesses) in Gap driving with her in his vehicle on the day of the abduction.. The articles of her clothing were found in another town called Ronks. The clothing was found 2 days after her abduction.

Last edited:
I’m a newbie here, but have been following cases on Websleuths for a while. This one hits VERY close to home. We live about 10 minutes from Beechdale Road. Actually, we were over there yesterday at the bake shop on Gibbons Road when the alert came in that an arrest was made. Beechdale north of Gibbons was closed, so that made sense.

Anyway, I read in an article about his previous crimes that he was a suspect in a robbery at a farm stand on 322 and Sheep Hill Rd. That is literally just down the road from the fire station where the search headquarters is today. He is obviously familiar with that area. The marked location is the farm stand area.
Welcome to Posting !!!
We really appreciate having locals here to be our " eyes" of the land.
Thank you and all the other locals in here, it really helps me to understand the lay of the land, the local businesses, etc.
Time for us to focus on helping to find LS and bring her home to her family !!!!

Has someone put together a timeline? I'm confused about a couple of things. The articles I have read sometimes contradict each other. For example: The business in Ronks reported the suspicious car on the 6/23. The clothing was found there. The woman was seen on 6/29 in Gap with her Amish clothing on. So he went to that business early on but did not bury the clothing there until after 6/29? Am I missing something? When was the clothing actually found?

Why her... Why then....the triggered family death? The bad past... as terrible as he is I wonder if he will be studied and made to answer questions from anyone about why and if he would tell his tale of how he got to this point...

Has someone put together a timeline? I'm confused about a couple of things. The articles I have read sometimes contradict each other. For example: The business in Ronks reported the suspicious car on the 6/23. The clothing was found there. The woman was seen on 6/29 in Gap with her Amish clothing on. So he went to that business early on but did not bury the clothing there until after 6/29? Am I missing something? When was the clothing actually found?
She was abducted Sunday June 21st which was Fathers Day. She was seen with him in his vehicle on June 21st in Gap. Her clothing was found 2 days later which would be June 23rd in Ronks. I don't know a thing about her being seen June 29th in a Gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member