PA PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by TTF14, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

It’s so incredibly sad that they haven’t found her yet

2. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

It's time to bring Linda home.

Bravo, KatzEye, misgrn and 14 others like this.
  3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

OCT 21, 2020
    Police search again for Amish teen Linda Stoltzfoos, who went missing four months ago

Bravo, Laughing, GarAndTeed and 14 others like this.
  4. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Authorities search for missing Amish teen Linda Stoltzfoos on 4 month anniversary of her disappearance

Amish teen Linda Stoltzfoos still missing, 4 months since police say she was abducted

Smoker is being held without bail at Lancaster County Prison. He has never publicly commented on the case. His attorney declined comment Tuesday.

Smoker’s status conference, scheduled for Nov. 5 in Lancaster County Court, will be an opportunity for the defense and prosecution to update a judge on where the case stands and get an outline of the schedule going forward.

Though a state rule requires the prosecution bring a defendant to trial in 180 days from the date of arrest if they are incarcerated, that rule has been suspended because of the pandemic.

Police are still looking for any witnesses who may have seen Stoltzfoos or Smoker on or after the day of the abduction, June 21. Anonymous tips can be submitted via CrimeWatch.

6. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

I agree!

Sending continued prayers of love, light and strength to LS Family and Friends.

JMVHO.

sallye818, Bravo, GarAndTeed and 11 others like this.
  7. CuriousQuiet1

CuriousQuiet1 Well-Known Member

If you go and could use inexperienced help let me know. I follow instructions well, I grew up on many acres of wooded land, and I am only an hour or so from Welsh Mountain.

sallye818, Bravo, Laughing and 20 others like this.
  8. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I wish I could help. I feel horrible for Linda's family and community. Poor girl.

9. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I check this thread often, hoping for an update that they found her.

10. GordianKnot

GordianKnot On Time Out

It's both sad, and infuriating.

I think states should pass enhanced sentencing laws that allow judges to impose additional sentences upon convicted murderers who refuse to disclose the location of their victims.

They might not be able to add additional years beyond LWOP, but they should be able to impose additional restrictions on their time behind bars, i.e., 0 visitation allowed, 0 commissary or other privileges, 0 yard time, solitary confinement, etc.

Additionally, I'd love to see states that have the DP give judges the flexibility to stipulate that unless a convicted killer discloses the location of a body at his/her sentencing hearing, the DP will be imposed.

JMO.

11. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Not sure IF this is a "go" today as the court site doesn't have him on 11/5 as the article above says.

Thursday, November 5th:
    *Status Conference Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA – Linda Stoltzfoos (18) (last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County) – *Justo Roberto Smoker (34) arrested (7/10/20 at work at Dutchland, Inc.), charged (7/11/20) & arraigned (8/24/20) with felony 1st degree kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
    Case & court info from 7/11/20 thru 8/5/20 reference post #815 here:
    PA - PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

8/24/20 Update: Smoker will waive his arraignment Friday 8/28/20 & has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping & false imprisonment. Denied bond. Next status conference hearing on 9/24/20.
    9/24/20 Update: The conference was postponed because the prosecution is still gathering evidence that it is required to provide to Smoker’s attorneys. Next status hearing on 11/5/20.

12. Niner

Court conference rescheduled for man charged with Linda Stoltzfoos' kidnapping

Nov. 5, 2020

A court conference that had been scheduled for Thursday for Justo Smoker, the man charged with kidnapping missing Amish woman Linda Stoltzfoos, has been rescheduled for a second time.

Status conferences are opportunities for defense and prosecution attorneys to update a judge on where the case stands and get an outline of the schedule going forward.
    [.....]
    Attorneys agreed to rescheduling to Nov. 23 because of the amount of materials involved, Lancaster County Judge David Ashworth said.

13. crhedBngr

RBBM

Wow. I wonder what they have on JS?

Should be interesting.

JMVHO.

Laughing, MickeyRose, natesma and 9 others like this.
  14. crhedBngr

Continued prayers for LS' Family and Friends.

15. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager and Footprint Tracker

"amount of material involved" is interesting.

sallye818, crhedBngr, Bravo and 3 others like this.
  16. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

This seems to be going on forever. But unfortunately still no recovery of Linda and it seems Smoker is not talk8ng.

17. Twolabs

Twolabs Well-Known Member

I wish something would move on this and that she could be found.

18. Niner

Just looked in the court site & he is not listed on 11/23 for a court date.... Guess we shall see if there is tomorrow.

19. Niner

Well - he is still not showing up on the court site for a hearing - but just in case - I'll go ahead & post this.

Monday, November 23rd:
    *Status Conference Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA – Linda Stoltzfoos (18) (last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County) – *Justo Roberto Smoker (34) arrested (7/10/20 at work at Dutchland, Inc.), charged (7/11/20) & arraigned (8/24/20) with felony 1st degree kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
    Case & court info from 7/11/20 thru 8/5/20 reference post #815 here:
    PA - PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

8/24/20 Update: Smoker will waive his arraignment Friday 8/28/20 & has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping & false imprisonment. Denied bond. Next status conference hearing on 9/24/20.
    9/24/20 Update: The conference was postponed because the prosecution is still gathering evidence that it is required to provide to Smoker’s attorneys. Next status hearing on 11/5/20.

11/5/20 Update: Hearing was rescheduled because the prosecution was still gathering materials that it's required to provide to Smoker’s attorneys. Next status hearing on 11/23/20.

20. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.