GUILTY PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, murdered, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #4

the deal for him to take them to Linda was for a facility. It appears there were places he did not want to serve his time.

Respectfully snipped.

Huh... A deal to get a better h e double hockey sticks hole facility than the one he is in now? What, he want's an Al Capone cell like at Eastern State? He's going to be fresh meat in any State facility. I hear Rockview is a relaxing destination for an extended stay.

Respectfully snipped.

Huh... A deal to get a better h e double hockey sticks hole facility than the one he is in now? What, he want's an Al Capone cell like at Eastern State? He's going to be fresh meat in any State facility. I hear Rockview is a relaxing destination for an extended stay.
Yep, don't forget he served over 12 years in prison already and had not been out all that long. For whatever the reasons may be only he would know. Again this was what was being talked about in May in the Amish community. Not from her family at all just the local Amish community in general.

So I visited the area to see my friend last month who is Amish. From what I learned there is a lot of evidence against the murderer and the deal for him to take them to Linda was for a facility. It appears there were places he did not want to serve his time. If I get any further info on this I will post but it has been quiet since Linda was brought home.
I wonder which locations he wants to avoid, and why. And why is the list so long, rather many prisons on the list.
Does anyone find this odd, brides me?

Would someone kindly update me as to when Linda was found and where ? Was it anywhere near where Smoker was working and arrested at ? Thank you kindly.

Per my notes:
(last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County; found April 21, 2021 in a rural area on railroad property behind Smoker’s workplace at Dutchland)

Well - this sounds good!

Justo Smoker expected to plead guilty in Stoltzfoos case

July 21, 2021
LANCASTER, Pa. (WHTM) — The man accused of abducting and murdering Linda Stoltzfoos back in June of 2020 is expected to plead guilty to certain charges. It is unknown what exact charges he is pleading guilty to.
[.....]
The court hearing is Friday morning at 9 a.m. in Lancaster. abc27 will provide live coverage from our website, abc27.com.

Per my notes:
(last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County; found April 21, 2021 in a rural area on railroad property behind Smoker’s workplace at Dutchland)
Thank you so much Niner. I followed this case from the beginning. From original abduction site to looking for Linda Stolfzfoos in Gap, Ronks, and even Welsh Mountain. I remember his car was seen and evidence was eventually found behind Harvest Structures and he was arrested at Dutchland. I read somewhere that her remains were found near or in water. Is there a water source such as a river or brook at Dutchland ?

Thank you so much Niner. I followed this case from the beginning. From original abduction site to looking for Linda Stolfzfoos in Gap, Ronks, and even Welsh Mountain. I remember his car was seen and evidence was eventually found behind Harvest Structures and he was arrested at Dutchland. I read somewhere that her remains were found near or in water. Is there a water source such as a river or brook at Dutchland ?

I'm not too sure - maybe someone else here will see your post & give you an answer.

No, I believe she was burried under the white rocks along side the Amtrak train tracks. No water.

This country is way to soft on crime. Anyone who willfully and deliberately commits a crime such as this one should never get out of jail; if they are mentally ill they should be permanently committed to a locked mental health facility. No second chance to do it again. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
This country is way to soft on crime. Anyone who willfully and deliberately commits a crime such as this one should never get out of jail; if they are mentally ill they should be permanently committed to a locked mental health facility. No second chance to do it again. Enough is enough.

US already has highest per-capita rate of incarceration in the world.

List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

Friday, July 23rd:
*Status Conference Hearing (for all charges) (@ 9am ET) - PA – Linda Sue Stoltzfoos (18) (last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County; found April 21, 2021 in a rural area on railroad property behind Smoker’s workplace at Dutchland) – *Justo Roberto Smoker (34/now 35) arrested (7/10/20 at work at Dutchland, Inc.), charged (7/11/20) & arraigned (8/24/20) with felony 1st degree kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Charged (12/21/20) & arraigned (3/26/21) with criminal homicide. Plead not guilty. (waived arraignment hearing).
DNA samples collected by swabbing Smoker’s cheeks matched DNA samples found on Stoltzfoos’ stockings.
Case & court info from 7/11/20 thru 12/30/20 reference post #188 here:
Found Deceased - PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #4

3/5/21 Update: Smoker's defense attorney Chris Tallarico asked the judge to dismiss the murder charge against his client. He argued that there is no certainty Linda got into Smoker's car. During the preliminary hearing, First Assistant Todd E. Brown called lead Detective Christopher Jones of the East Lampeter Township Police Dept., who was the sole witness in the 90-minute hearing. Magisterial District Judge Denise Commins determined there is enough evidence to move forward with the homicide charge against Smoker. Prosecutors will move for consolidation of the charge of homicide with the previously filed charges of kidnapping & false imprisonment for purposes of trial. Smoker's arraignment is March 26 for murder charge.
3/26/21 Update: Smoker waived his arraignment Thursday & plead not guilty to homicide. Commonwealth's Motion to extend time for providing notice of aggravating circumstances. His arraignment had been scheduled for Friday, 3/26/21.
4/21/21 Update: On the 10-month anniversary of Linda's disappearance, law enforcement discovered human remains behind Smoker's workplace, Dutchland Inc. They feel confident the remains are that of Linda's. They were in a grave, wrapped in a tarp. She was moved here several days after homicide. Investigators believe Smoker moved Linda's body from a site off Harvest Drive in Ronks to the grave he made behind Dutchland Inc. in Gap, where he worked. Body had a bonnet & clothing matching Linda’s autopsy on Friday, 4/23/21. The coroner said the cause of death was asphyxia caused by strangulation with a knife wound to the neck as a contributing factor. Next Status conference hearing on 7/23/21 with Judge David L. Ashwroth presiding. Smoker will be pleading guilty per news articles.

I am talking about cases like these specifically. We incarcerate people for having small amounts of marijuana and other petty crimes. One state run lab was responsible for giving false lab results that led to incarceration which they then had to release those incarcerated while they reviewed each case individually. Unfortunately, if you can afford a good lawyer or are politically connected you have a good chance of having charges dropped depending on the charges. EDITED BY ME TO ADD: We have a high rate of incarceration of minorities especially blacks due to racial profiling.

Last edited:
Friday, July 23rd:
*Status Conference Hearing (for all charges) (@ 9am ET) - PA – Linda Sue Stoltzfoos (18) (last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County; found April 21, 2021 in a rural area on railroad property behind Smoker’s workplace at Dutchland) – *Justo Roberto Smoker (34/now 35) arrested (7/10/20 at work at Dutchland, Inc.), charged (7/11/20) & arraigned (8/24/20) with felony 1st degree kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Charged (12/21/20) & arraigned (3/26/21) with criminal homicide. Plead not guilty. (waived arraignment hearing).
DNA samples collected by swabbing Smoker’s cheeks matched DNA samples found on Stoltzfoos’ stockings.
Case & court info from 7/11/20 thru 12/30/20 reference post #188 here:
Found Deceased - PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #4

3/5/21 Update: Smoker's defense attorney Chris Tallarico asked the judge to dismiss the murder charge against his client. He argued that there is no certainty Linda got into Smoker's car. During the preliminary hearing, First Assistant Todd E. Brown called lead Detective Christopher Jones of the East Lampeter Township Police Dept., who was the sole witness in the 90-minute hearing. Magisterial District Judge Denise Commins determined there is enough evidence to move forward with the homicide charge against Smoker. Prosecutors will move for consolidation of the charge of homicide with the previously filed charges of kidnapping & false imprisonment for purposes of trial. Smoker's arraignment is March 26 for murder charge.
3/26/21 Update: Smoker waived his arraignment Thursday & plead not guilty to homicide. Commonwealth's Motion to extend time for providing notice of aggravating circumstances. His arraignment had been scheduled for Friday, 3/26/21.
4/21/21 Update: On the 10-month anniversary of Linda's disappearance, law enforcement discovered human remains behind Smoker's workplace, Dutchland Inc. They feel confident the remains are that of Linda's. They were in a grave, wrapped in a tarp. She was moved here several days after homicide. Investigators believe Smoker moved Linda's body from a site off Harvest Drive in Ronks to the grave he made behind Dutchland Inc. in Gap, where he worked. Body had a bonnet & clothing matching Linda’s autopsy on Friday, 4/23/21. The coroner said the cause of death was asphyxia caused by strangulation with a knife wound to the neck as a contributing factor. Next Status conference hearing on 7/23/21 with Judge David L. Ashwroth presiding. Smoker will be pleading guilty per news articles.
I find it upsetting to read some of the details of what happened to this young woman as we only have limited information due to forensic evidence. I can't imagine what it is like for her family, relatives, and friends. Kind thoughts and prayers going out to them today.

@BarbaraBarrWGAL

Justo Smoker plea deal. Pleads guilty third degree murder and other charges. Sentence 35 1/2 to 71 maximum plus what could be 17 years for parole violations. Prosecutor “This is not a compromise” necessary to Bring Linda Home. Spokesman for family “we will never be the same”

Heartbreaking scene in courtroom as Justo Smoker plea deal announced. It was in order to “Bring Linda home.” Deal made to find Linda Stoltzfoos’ remains. Smoker led police to area. Spokesman for Linda’s parents. “They’re not here because they can’t forgive, because too hard”.

Tears from Amish community members in courtroom of Justo Smoker’s guilty plea. Judge David Ashworth calls his actions the “ Height of depravity” concerned about Faustian bargain” but understands for family to have some closure. Says Smoker should never be released from prison.

Family spokesman says Linda was a “loving, caring and timid girl. “ she had big heart for helping children, was a tutor to young children. Broken dreams now. Her life cut short in “wretched way” Linda Stoltzfoos killed by Justo Smoker. Too emotional for parents to be in court.
District Attorney Heather Adams. “We don’t feel we sold our souls” in making plea agreement. They got justice. She believes Smoker will spend the rest of his life in prison. Probably wouldn’t have found Linda’s body without his help. That was needed for family .
@WGAL
https://twitter.com/BarbaraBarrWGAL/status/1418599304562839555/photo/1

DA holds news conference about Linda Stoltzfoos case, Justo Smoker plea

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members