Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

Yet more confusion.

bbm

There's this:

https://www.facebook.com/BensalemPoliceDepartment/

According to an official post on the Bensalem Police Department Facebook page:

And, also this:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Missing-Woman-Tyler-State-Park-Bucks-County-Newtown-Pennsylvania--392640401.html

According to investigators:

"Piccone, 21, did not have her cellphone with her at the time and was last seen Sunday, according to investigators."

Frustrating, to say the least. That wavering detail is significant.

I can only guess circumstances surrounding this case might be either 'complicated' or 'sensitive', perhaps both. If searchers have not located LP within the park by today should they continue searching within the park? How long might it take to search 1700+ acres when search teams include park personnel (park familiarity)?

Many of us are aware in some cases search teams have walked past evidence or even bodies within inches distance and never realized it. Is this such a case? At least one week has passed since searching began in the park. How much longer until the park might be considered as cleared?

With no additional information released and no publicly issued warnings regarding a potential abduction regarding this case it is becoming obvious LE wants to keep their focus tight, maybe because of evidence of a specific nature (suicidal missing person) or LE might be observing individuals close to this case and attempting to wait-it-out-and-see-who-breaks?

Do we have enough information to 'sleuth' this case?

After a bit more researching the internets I now understand the situation.

At this point, it seems it's just a matter of where and when, with no smiling faces at the conclusion.

After a bit more researching the internets I now understand the situation.

At this point, it seems it's just a matter of where and when, with no smiling faces at the conclusion.
😓

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bbm

http://patch.com/pennsylvania/north...ndsey-piccone-one-week-later-and-nobody-knows

[FONT=&quot]The 21-year-old's abandoned car at Tyler Park remains the one big clue. Little else has surfaced to lead investigators to her whereabouts.[/FONT]

As of this week, searches within the park continue, but "very little new information has come to light," said Terry Brady, press secretary at the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.

An "increased ranger presence" is planned at the park in the coming days

The young woman was reported missing by her parents ......... Details surrounding the circumstances of her disappearance were not disclosed.

Eric Ihlein, a DCNR ranger who has served as a spokesperson during the search, has previously said officials believe there is no public threat at the park.

Are there dorms on campus?

attachment.php

Attachments

• tyler state park - college.jpg
    tyler state park - college.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 547
Wow, just hearing this story for the first time. I am around those parts quite often. Hope this story turns out well.

So Lindsey drives from Bensalem to Newtown or Langhorne to walk her dogs? Does she meet friends there?

As noted up-thread, the wavering details and lack of significant disclosure point towards "sensitive" details. "Increased Presence" may indicate a detailed "grid search" as it is the only way to 100% clear the park. Rangers, SAR and Volunteers lined up fingertip to fingertip walking the park from one end to the other in marked off grids that slightly overlap. The comment from the Ranger that there is "no significant risk to the public", or words to that effect, to me means they have an idea what has occurred, probably from family and have been asked to keep it to themselves, but foul play may not be involved.

Very similar story, two days after Lindsey disappeared, approximately 10 miles away at Lorimer Park in Montgomery County. Just wanted to add it here because you never know, there are so many different scenarios that could happen. He was found alive (thankfully!) in a remote area of the park that was difficult to access. http://6abc.com/news/missing-man-found-in-montgomery-county-park-/1504532/

http://newtownpanow.com/2016/09/07/tyler-state-park-closed-police-search-missing-person/

I want to include this article (linked above) published Wednesday 9/7/2016, as it contains information that might not have been accurately propagated to downstream articles. LP's name and age were not released at that time. At least one later article (different publication) reported "last heard from on Sunday", which has not appeared in any other article. I believe that info to be inaccurate. Case categorization was included in this article, which AFAIK has not been propagated to subsequent articles but I believe is accurate given the immediacy of LE / DCNR's response.

bbm

A special water rescue and dive team from the Lower Southampton Fire Company was called to the park around 1 p.m. [Wednesday 9/7/2016] to assist in the search. In addition, a rehabilitation truck from the Trevose Fire Company responded to the scene, according to an official who asked not to be named.

The female who is at the center of the missing persons investigation was last seen Tuesday afternoon and believed to be in the state park. State park officials declined to release any information about the missing person.

A police source told NewtownPANow.com that the missing person was reported to be “endangered.”

The search for the missing person began around 8 p.m. Tuesday after a call from their concerned family.

AFAIK, these are current, basic facts:

• LP was last seen afternoon Tuesday 9/6/2016.
  • Family reported LP as missing evening Tuesday 9/6/2016.
  • Search began in Tyler State Park evening Tuesday 9/6/2016.
  • Case categorization as "endangered" explains LE / DCNR's immediate response.
  • Searchers discover LP's abandoned vehicle in Tyler State Park parking lot.
  • No report of what was found in the vehicle.
  • Subsequent articles report LP does not have her cellphone.
  • Subsequent articles report a K-9 tracking dog hit on a scent along a path in the park along Neshaminy Creek.
  • No report of new clues.
  • Eight and one-half days after searches began and no contact has been made with LP.

It would help to confirm what trail along the Neshaminy Creek. I see Tyler Dr. Trail. Down the creek from that is a low face dam.

It would help to confirm what trail along the Neshaminy Creek. I see Tyler Dr. Trail. Down the creek from that is a low face dam.

There are so many trails both paved and not paved. They are not all on the current maps

What are the rules for posting rumors? Just don't do it or...?

If it's on a public social media or in msm comments, you can link to the page/article and say, "check out the comment by (initials)" or "interesting comments here".

*crickets*

I hope the family is pushing for media attention in this case. If not, why not? Are they that sure LP is within the confines of the park or close-local Bucks County?

If so then it would seem family and / or LE are quite sure of LP's state of mind when she went 'missing'.

I could not imagine a friend assisting LP to cut off all ties (walk away from her car, I.D., phone, dogs, whatever else) and hide from her family... it doesn't seem likely, does it?

Time enough has since passed for a 'cooling-off period'....

If she wanted to go missing then the park would be the perfect place because she goes there often wouldn't her scent be everywhere especially if she went with her dogs... ? JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back