PA PA - Maria Nina Miller, 34, Bradford County, 04 Feb 2011

Find Brenda

Reaction score
Website
www.brendacondon.com
Missing Female: Maria Nina Miller
She was last seen February 4, 2011 in the Wysox/Towanda, Pennsylvania area of Bradford County.

Original

Age Last Seen: 34 years old
Race: Asian/Pacific Islander
Sex: Female
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Miller was last seen at her place of employment, the Dandy Mini Mart, located on Route 6 in Wysox, Pennsylvania on February 4, 2011.

Investigating Agency: Pennsylvania State Police 570-697-2000
Case Number: P05-0710879

SOURCE:
NamUs MP # 11745
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

------
Few details are available about her case. If you have any additional information, please post it below.

“The FBI branch in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania State Police and West Virginia State Police announced Monday a reward for information in the case has been raised to $5,000.”

Maria Miller was born in the Philippines and moved to the United States with her husband, Kenneth Miller, who was in the Army at the time. In 2005 the Millers resided in Norfolk, VA, while Kenneth recruited for the US Army. Kenneth was then transferred to/stationed in Towanda, PA, for recruiting around 2010. Maria Miller was last seen on 02/05/2011, at work at the Dandy Mini Mart in Towanda. She took two (2) planned days off work and told co-workers she was going to see her husband, Kenneth Miller’s mother, who was ill and in Charleston Area Medical Center in Charleston, West Virginia.

Kenneth Miller told police that they drove to the parking lot of the hospital where he and Maria got into an argument, and according to Kenneth, she demanded he take her to Virginia Beach. He related that he dropped her off at an unknown apartment complex in Virginia Beach. Maria Miller has not been seen or heard from by any friends or family since 02/05/2011. She was not reported missing until 06/10/2011, by the US Army, after it was brought to their attention that nobody could find or contact her. The suspicious circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Maria Miller are currently being investigated by the Pennsylvania State Police, Troop P, the West Virginia State Police, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. At the time she disappeared, Millers was 34 years old, 5’1″, 125 lbs, and had black hair and brown eyes. PA Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in this investigation. The FBI is also offering an additional $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Criminal Investigation Unit at Troop P Towanda at 570-265-2186, the Troop P Criminal Investigation Assessment Unit at 570-822-5515, or the FBI Pittsburgh field office at 1-800-CALLFBI or email at tips.fbi.gov or anonymously contact the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers Toll Free at 1-800-4PA-TIPS (8477) or online at Tip Form All callers to Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a CASH REWARD for information that leads to an arrest, the solving of a crime/cold case or the location of a wanted person/fugitive or missing person.

Towanda to Charleston is around 7 hours and Charleston to Virginia Beach, is another 7 hours. This story is hard for me to believe. * My opinions.

Through investigative efforts, police say they know Miller left her job that morning and returned to her home in Towanda, PA (Bradford County). She and her husband were planning a trip to West Virginia to visit family. Miller may have been to locations in Summersville, West Virginia on February 5, 2011 and in the Beckley, West Virginia area. She was known to be traveling in a Chevrolet Cobalt vehicle.

Police say she was planning a trip to West Virginia with her husband to visit family and reportedly drove a Chevrolet Cobalt.

Troopers stated Miller is from the Philippines and married her husband Kenneth Miller when they met during his deployment with the United State Army.

In early 2000, Miller moved with her husband to West Virginia, then in 2010 the two moved to Towanda.

PSP has been actively investigating Maria Miller’s whereabouts for the past 12 years. Anyone with information is asked to contact trooper Miranda Musick at 570-265-2186.

You can watch the full press conference from state police at below link:

Eyewitness News spoke with Kenneth Miller, Maria Miller’s now ex-husband, he said,

“I did nothing wrong. I had nothing to do with her disappearance. I understand that the police have to look at me as a suspect but I have nothing to hide. I don’t know where she is.”

Miller told Eyewitness News that among other things in the early days of the investigation, his vehicle was searched and his cell phone records were seized. Miller says he is her ex-husband after going to court to dissolve the marriage.

State police say she was last seen at a Dandy Mart near Wysox in February of that year.

Miller told co-workers that she and her husband were going to West Virginia to visit family.

Her husband, Kenneth Miller, told police he and Maria had an argument before he dropped her off at an apartment complex in Virginia Beach and never saw her again.

"She was to return to work on the night of February 7th for her midnight shift into February 8th. She never returned to work. Maria would call her son Lester every night when she was at work. Those phone calls stopped February 4th, 2011," said MIRANDA MUSICA, State Police Trooper.

PA Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest, while the FBI is also offering a $5,000 reward in the missing person's case.

<<She was not reported missing until June 2011, four months later, and the report was filed not by Kenneth but by the U.S. Army. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.>>

Feb 7, 2023

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes