Found Deceased PA - Matthew Mindler, 19, MU student, did not return to his room, Millersville, 24 Aug 2021

No I have found out that was not a true statement. That is not how the authorities found him.
I agree that sounds more reasonable. He was only here a few days, I don’t think he made a lot of friends. I can’t get him off my mind, I feel so bad he suffered alone. Will be interesting to see if the toxicology report shows drugs as a contributing factor. It’s horrible either way, seems almost sadder if they aren’t.
I agree, for some reason I feel he was alone- he left that dorm room with a purpose but to commit suicide and hide yourself…that only a dog can find you….I wonder about his family life. I here nothing about his family- just his Mom. <modsnip> Where is Dad?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that sounds more reasonable. He was only here a few days, I don’t think he made a lot of friends. I can’t get him off my mind, I feel so bad he suffered alone. Will be interesting to see if the toxicology report shows drugs as a contributing factor. It’s horrible either way, seems almost sadder if they aren’t.

Me too. I was actually hoping this evening that he did send a pic to friends on snapchat that evening. In a way it would give a bit of peace that he had some budding friendships there, even if it couldn't change the course.

Yes, it will be interesting to know if drugs were a contributing factor. And I agree, it's almost sadder if they aren't.

I agree, for some reason I feel he was alone- he left that dorm room with a purpose but to commit suicide and hide yourself…that only a dog can find you….I wonder about his family life. I here nothing about his family- just his Mom. <modsnip> . Where is Dad?
<modsnip> I seen it said that Matthew was very reserved and stayed private. Really made me wonder if growing up young around mostly adults gave him some social anxiety in his teen years around kids his own age. Of course that’s just my wondering.

<modsnip> I seen it said that Matthew was very reserved and stayed private. Really made me wonder if growing up young around mostly adults gave him some social anxiety in his teen years around kids his own age. Of course that’s just my wondering.

<modsnip>

Matthew had to grow up fast acting along side adults, so that could have sure brought on anxiety.

His mom told media he hadn't acted in years. So whatever time period his lasting gig was and this freshman year tells a story.

So sad for this kid :(.

Usually, in the case of suicide, the cause of death is not revealed. I believe this is both for the privacy of the family and also to not spread ideas/methods of suicide to vulnerable people.

Derek was a cinematography, and had even used Matthew in his short films. He was an older brother, not sure by how many years.

Matthew had to grow up fast acting along side adults, so that could have sure brought on anxiety.

His mom told media he hadn't acted in years. So whatever time period his lasting gig was and this freshman year tells a story.

My mind goes to "I wonder what might have happened to him as a child in that terrible industry." (No victim-blaming on his parents or him, but Hollywood is rampant with child abuse.....especially in years past.)

My mind goes to "I wonder what might have happened to him as a child in that terrible industry." (No victim-blaming on his parents or him, but Hollywood is rampant with child abuse.....especially in years past.)
Although there have been many childhood actors that did well and didn’t go on to act as adults. I’m sure at that age his parents stayed close to him. Definitely crossed my mind also.

So sad for this kid :(.

Usually, in the case of suicide, the cause of death is not revealed. I believe this is both for the privacy of the family and also to not spread ideas/methods of suicide to vulnerable people.
True but it will get out In this area. We had a young man (another very sad story) with a history of depression, do a back flip off an over pass in the middle of the afternoon. That was shocking ! He left his family a note, put his phone, computer and pad on the table with pass words, left his keys and called an Uber driver for a ride to the overpass. We just seem to be seeing more and more of it. I swear between drugs and suicide we are losing a generation.

The death of previously reported missing Millersville University student and former child actor Matthew Mindler has been ruled a suicide, according to the Lancaster County Coroner.
-------------------------------------
The cause of death is pending a toxicology report.

If you or someone you know is experiencing thoughts of suicide call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255.

Death Of Former PA Child Star Matthew Mindler Ruled Suicide

And it still goes on, I would bet. They have just gone deeper "underground" with child exploitation.

Last edited:
The death of previously reported missing Millersville University student and former child actor Matthew Mindler has been ruled a suicide, according to the Lancaster County Coroner.
-------------------------------------
The cause of death is pending a toxicology report.

If you or someone you know is experiencing thoughts of suicide call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255.

Death Of Former PA Child Star Matthew Mindler Ruled Suicide
So sad …

The obit states August 28. I wonder if that's standard by giving the date he was found.

I believe it is typical for the family to choose either the day of disappearance or the day that remains are found as the official date of death.

(Example: in the Delphi case, the girls have different official dates of death due to each family picking one of the options - resulting in some unfortunate speculation as to what happened)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back