PA PA - Miranda Shelton, 27, got into a car driven by unk person, Philadelphia, 10 Sept 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
The Philadelphia Police Department needs the public’s assistance in locating a 27-year-old Missing Person Miranda Shelton. She was last seen on Saturday, September 10, 2022, at 7:40 P.M., on the 16XX block of Church Lane.

She is 4′ 0″, 180 lbs., heavy build, light complexion, sandy brown hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a black hoodie, brown and white pants and black Timberland boots. She was seen entering a black Cadillac, being driven by unknown person.

Anyone with any information on Miranda’s whereabouts is asked to please contact Northwest Detectives Division at 215-686-3353 or 911.

Miranda-Shelton-1.jpg

The Philadelphia Police Department needs the public’s assistance in locating a 27-year-old Missing Person Miranda Shelton. She was last seen on Saturday, September 10, 2022, at 7:40 P.M., on the 16XX block of Church Lane.

She is 4′ 0″, 180 lbs., heavy build, light complexion, sandy brown hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a black hoodie, brown and white pants and black Timberland boots. She was seen entering a black Cadillac, being driven by unknown person.

Anyone with any information on Miranda’s whereabouts is asked to please contact Northwest Detectives Division at 215-686-3353 or 911.

Miranda-Shelton-1.jpg

22 September Mental Health Court Date:
[Page 3 of 12]

Extended Long-Term Mental Health Treatment (305):

Mental Health Crisis Hotline :: Telephone 9-8-8

Last edited:
The Philadelphia Police Department needs the public’s assistance locating a missing woman last seen Saturday.

Police say 27-year-old Miranda Shelton was last seen on the 1600 block of Church Lane around 7:40 pm. She was seen entering a black Cadillac with an unknown driver, police said.

Shelton was last seen wearing a black hoodie, brown and white pants, and black Timberland boots, police said.

Police urge the public to contact Northwest Detectives Division at 215-686-3353 or call 911 if you have information on the whereabouts of Shelton.

The Philadelphia Police Department needs the public’s assistance locating a missing woman last seen Saturday.

Police say 27-year-old Miranda Shelton was last seen on the 1600 block of Church Lane around 7:40 pm. She was seen entering a black Cadillac with an unknown driver, police said.

Shelton was last seen wearing a black hoodie, brown and white pants, and black Timberland boots, police said.

Police urge the public to contact Northwest Detectives Division at 215-686-3353 or call 911 if you have information on the whereabouts of Shelton.
“Missing 4 foot woman” seems like an oddly disrespectful (albeit accurate, I guess) headline…hope she will be located safely.

“Missing 4 foot woman” seems like an oddly disrespectful (albeit accurate, I guess) headline…hope she will be located safely.
I thought so too. I still do. I’m 4’9” and I don’t think I’d want the headline to read that way but maybe they thought it would get more coverage which I’m sure it will. Always a good thing to help find her but I totally agree with you.

I see your perspective but I also think that a headline stating "missing 27 year old female" might not stick in someone's head whereas "missing 4 foot woman" is a distinguishing enough characteristic (to me) that maybe it will trigger someone's memory if they spot her. IMO

20 October Mental Health Court Date:
[Page 3 of 12]

15 December Mental Health Court Date:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Repor...-CR-0006532-2018&dnh=3clQAzX43nudooEnvjZ3dg==
[Page 3 of 12]

Voluntary and Involuntary Commitment - Erie County, PA

If you or a loved one are currently experiencing a mental health crisis, please call Crisis Services at 814-456-2014 or 1-800-300-9558. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and a mobile crisis team can be sent to assist the individual and/or family with the crisis situation...
eriecountypa.gov
eriecountypa.gov

www.npr.org

The new 988 mental health hotline is live. Here's what to know

Mental health advocates hope the new hotline will make it easier to get support if you're in crisis or helping someone who is. Here's how it works and what could stand in its way.
www.npr.org
www.npr.org

Hmmm, this is going to be a tough one. There's no case number mentioned and no one person at the police designated for this case.

Tweet sent out at the time, but it's also run by the Philadelphia PD, which also did the "blotter" link.

It was not posted on their FB page (some PD's will occasionally update the announcement post with a "found safe" one).

35th District | Philadelphia Police Department
^ This seems like the closest thing we have to a contact person. Should someone call or tweet to ask if Miranda has been found?

15 December Mental Health Court Date:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Repor...-CR-0006532-2018&dnh=3clQAzX43nudooEnvjZ3dg==
[Page 3 of 12]

Voluntary and Involuntary Commitment - Erie County, PA

If you or a loved one are currently experiencing a mental health crisis, please call Crisis Services at 814-456-2014 or 1-800-300-9558. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and a mobile crisis team can be sent to assist the individual and/or family with the crisis situation...
eriecountypa.gov
eriecountypa.gov

www.npr.org

The new 988 mental health hotline is live. Here's what to know

Mental health advocates hope the new hotline will make it easier to get support if you're in crisis or helping someone who is. Here's how it works and what could stand in its way.
www.npr.org
www.npr.org

From the wiki, reasons for a nolle prosequi:
"The declaration may be made because the charges cannot be proved because vital witnesses have become unavailable or uncooperative, the evidence is too weak to carry the burden of proof, the evidence is fatally flawed in light of the claims that are brought,[10] the prosecutor becomes doubtful that the defendant is guilty, the defendant's innocence is proved, or the defendant has died. It has also been used when a federal criminal charge is brought up against a defendant when the prosecutor on a state charge for the same offense no longer wishes to pursue the case. Usually, that happens when the state prosecutor is content with the sentence on the federal charge and has no need to go any further with the original case."

Welcome to Websleuths,
ccloves921 !!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member