Found Deceased PA - Mohamed Elhadi Mohamed, 24, recent refugee to the US, last seen 11pm in 300 block Sampsonia St, Central Northside, Pittsburgh, 22 May 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
MAY 27

“Wednesday, he sent me a text calling off and he said, I'm really not feeling well. Can I take today off? And I said, ‘Okay.’ I said, ‘Call me tomorrow morning. Let me know if you're coming in.’ And then 6:30, he sent me a text message saying, ‘Don't worry, I will be there tomorrow,’” Chef Beth Zozula said.

Zozula said his sister saw him Wednesday night near Sampsonia Way in Central Northside, but he never showed up for his Thursday shift.

More at Pittsburgh police searching for missing restaurant worker

Mohamed, a dual citizen in the U.S. and Sudan, moved to Pittsburgh to visit a friend last summer, according to Zozula.

“He was living in Sudan and going to medical school, and because of what's going on over there, his school closed, and he had a friend who is at City of Asylum staying. She's a writer, and he came to stay with her,” Zozula said.

Soon after, Zozula said he began working at 40 North as a dishwasher and eventually discovered his talent for making salads and desserts at the restaurant. It’s a job she said he loves doing, in a city he’s come to love as well.

“He said, ‘When I came here, I thought I got a job, but I got a family.’ And that's really just who he was,” Zozula said.

"Neither we nor his family have heard from him. We're all worried sick here," a post on the eatery's Facebook page stated.

"Mohammed is an amazing person who has been working with us since June 2023, when he moved to Pittsburgh from Sudan. He started as a dishwasher and has worked his way up to cook."
*really worried for Mohammed

"Where does he sleep? Does he have money to eat or not? How is he?" his sister said.

"He is so friendly, a kind person. He cares about us, his family, sister and brother," Hiba Mohamed said.

"We want him to come back so our family and all of us will be happy to find him," Hiba Mohamed said

*his sister is so worried about him. You can tell they are close.

It's always the river...

According to officials, Mohamed was the person pulled form the Ohio River in the McKees Rocks area around 1:37 a.m. Allegheny County Police Department's Homicide Unit was called to assist McKees Rocks officials.

Authorities say his official cause of death will be determined by the Allegheny County Office of the Medical Examiner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back