Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any mention of video at the time of the abduction. It's been reported that Nalani's father called 911 immediately after trying to call Nancy. LE would have verified that. LE said he was crying and visibly upset. They also said that he is assisting in the investigation and cooperating with LE. I agree - no way would he have called 911 to report her missing if he was involved. I don't suspect her father at this point.

When reports of Nancy's arrest first came out, it was reported that she was NOT cooperating. Then we hear the "Nalani's Dad sold her" story. Okay, but even if that were true, why in the world would she help him? Where is this picture he showed her? What does the witness (friend) say? No silver SUV has been identified. She noticed the out-of-state plates and cursive writing but not the name of the state? Where's the money? Her story is bunk.

I think she used hubby in Bangledesh as her alibi. Why would she lie to him and say she didn't know why she was being pulled over? Why didn't she tell him she transported a baby that the father sold for $10,000? He seemed genuinely surprised to hear that she knew Nalani's father. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now too.

Family friend says Nalani's Dad and Nancy were acquaintances. Grandma says her son didn't know her. He had her phone number so perhaps she had simply driven him before? Did she babysit Nalani? Nalani's husband mentioned that she loved babies and had done some babysitting.

I'm not sure the door was open - I may need to read back. He came around the car to get her but was it reported that he opened the door?

I'm all over the place with this one. Lots of puzzle pieces missing. MOO

It doesn’t sound like the car door was open.

"She was in a car seat in the back, and he went around to get the car seat out with his daughter. And at the time, he had his hand on the door, and she drove off," Nalani's grandfather, Paul Johnson, said.

AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT: Woman charged, family asking for public to help search for abducted toddler

I haven't seen any mention of video at the time of the abduction. It's been reported that Nalani's father called 911 immediately after trying to call Nancy. LE would have verified that. LE said he was crying and visibly upset. They also said that he is assisting in the investigation and cooperating with LE. I agree - no way would he have called 911 to report her missing if he was involved. I don't suspect her father at this point.

When reports of Nancy's arrest first came out, it was reported that she was NOT cooperating. Then we hear the "Nalani's Dad sold her" story. Okay, but even if that were true, why in the world would she help him? Where is this picture he showed her? What does the witness (friend) say? No silver SUV has been identified. She noticed the out-of-state plates and cursive writing but not the name of the state? Where's the money? Her story is bunk.

I think she used hubby in Bangledesh as her alibi. Why would she lie to him and say she didn't know why she was being pulled over? Why didn't she tell him she transported a baby that the father sold for $10,000? He seemed genuinely surprised to hear that she knew Nalani's father. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now too.

Family friend says Nalani's Dad and Nancy were acquaintances. Grandma says her son didn't know her. He had her phone number so perhaps she had simply driven him before? Did she babysit Nalani? Nalani's husband mentioned that she loved babies and had done some babysitting.

I'm not sure the door was open - I may need to read back. He came around the car to get her but was it reported that he opened the door?

I'm all over the place with this one. Lots of puzzle pieces missing. MOO

I don't mean to be a debbie downer here, but Christopher Watts and many others cried and sobbed in front of the media. For this reason, I should be banned from all missing children's threads. They make me crazy and positively overly suspicious.

It doesn’t sound like the car door was open.

"She was in a car seat in the back, and he went around to get the car seat out with his daughter. And at the time, he had his hand on the door, and she drove off," Nalani's grandfather, Paul Johnson, said.

AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT: Woman charged, family asking for public to help search for abducted toddler
That had come from me- I thought I had read an article where the father said he opened the door to get Nalani out and then Nancy bolted.

We don't actually know that. Dad apparently know's Nancy, no word on the friend so Dad could have been in the front. Plus, if this story of him doing what Nancy said he was doing, he would have more control in the front, talking etc. IMO Not that I'm buying this BS
I can't find anything that says he knew her? Do you have a link? Reports I've seen say he tried to call her but not that they associate outside of her driving.

I do not understand why so many of you are reacting so negatively towards the driver’s husband. I hate to say it, but IMO all of the chatter about human trafficking and his country of origin are starting to feel very xenophobic.

Oh that would be horrible if people were xenophobic. However I didn’t get that impression. I think questions about Nancy’s husband are because she called him around the time of the incident. Maybe this was her way of getting information about where to take the child, or letting him know the status or simply establishing an alibi. Who knows?

It also seems like an odd time to call him. If she called at 5:30 (I can’t remember the time), then it means it was 2:30 am his time. If it was 8pm, then it was 4am his time.

Also, I have not seen nor heard the interviews. I usually just read. In some cases I have felt people here were jumping on accusing someone (like Chris Watts for example, shortly after his family was reported missing).

Then, I see the interview for myself and the person looks SO guilty, that I then understand why people thought he was culpable. Again, to be clear, I have not seen/heard Nancy’s husband’s interview so I have no opinion about him. :)

We're on the same page.

I am really scared for this darling girl like everyone else. There's so much more to this than what LE has shared, but I give LE credit, they are on the ball on this case leaving no stone unturned.

For LE to say that the father and Nancy know each other- they have some kind of proof of this. They would never throw that out there if it wasn't true.
Where are you seeing that police said this? Do you have a link? I can't find anything about it.

That had come from me- I thought I had read an article where the father said he opened the door to get Nalani out and then Nancy bolted.
Oh no problem! :) I was just answering PommyMommy’s question about if it was open or not. I think a lot of us wondered about that & then I saw the article that gunslinginggranny posted.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer here, but Christopher Watts and many others cried and sobbed in front of the media. For this reason, I should be banned from all missing children's threads. They make me crazy and positively overly suspicious.
Well, for sure we've seen our share of wannabe actors. Unfortunately, we're unable to judge this father's demeanor at the time police arrived since there is no video. But, based on what LE has said, I'm guessing they believe him. I don't rule anyone out this early, though. MOO

Here's where I'm having a problem. She steals the baby from the dad at 5:15pm ( dad could have hitched a ride or something and chased her down) but she doesn't feel enough panic/pressure to get away from the father and decides to stop at a Sheetz 15 minutes later? That had to be where the drop off was. IMO
Dad called the police at 5 she was spotted in monroeville at 5:13 but that did not involve the father then she was seen on video at sheetz in murrysville at 5:30, half an hour after she drove off. The dad had just paid this woman for a ride so I doubt he had accessible ride options to chase her down. How is he supposed to know where she went? Even if he chased in foot once she turns a corner is over and it's not reasonable to expect him to be as fast as a car. If you're suggesting he should have tried to get a stranger to chase her down while letting him in their car all before she got out of sight I think that sounds pretty unrealistic too. He tried to call the driver...think of how shocking that would be? It doesn't seem crazy that his first thought was this must be an accident. When she didn't answer his calls he called police. A lot can happen in 30 minutes.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Twitter (Video)
Community members held a vigil in Verona this evening for 1-year-old Nalani Johnson who was kidnapped in Penn Hills on Saturday. The little girl still has not been found.
9:26 PM - 2 Sep 2019

Chandi Chapman on Twitter (Video)
Prayer vigil held for 2-year-old Nalani Johnson who has been missing since this weekend. @WTAE
10:18 PM - 2 Sep 2019

Prayer Vigil Held For Missing 2-Year-Old Girl Nalani Johnson
The friends and family of 2-year-old Nalani Johnson are doing everything they can to keep hope alive for the safe recovery of the little girl.

The flyers posted at a local gas station in Westmoreland County made it clear: the community is deeply concerned about Nalani’s abduction.

Friends and family gathered at Cribbs Field in Verona to hold a prayer vigil Monday night.

Members of the family’s church were also there, praying for Nalani to be found.

[...]

No one makes it to new Alex from Monroeville in 15 min
No one is saying she did. Police have said she was spotted in monroeville at 5:13 and then they have her on video at sheetz in murrysville at 5:30 they then have a more broad time frame and locations based on her phone pinging towers that they are asking for help to narrow down where she was at what times. Police have asked for anyone who thinks they may have driven by her to contact them.

Dad called the police at 5 she was spotted in monroeville at 5:13 but that did not involve the father then she was seen on video at sheetz in murrysville at 5:30, half an hour after she drove off. The dad had just paid this woman for a ride so I doubt he had accessible ride options to chase her down. How is he supposed to know where she went? Even if he chased in foot once she turns a corner is over and it's not reasonable to expect him to be as fast as a car. If you're suggesting he should have tried to get a stranger to chase her down while letting him in their car all before she got out of sight I think that sounds pretty unrealistic too. He tried to call the driver...think of how shocking that would be? It doesn't seem crazy that his first thought was this must be an accident. When she didn't answer his calls he called police. A lot can happen in 30 minutes.
I agree and who's to say he PAID! If he does pay, Nancy is waiting to get paid, then takes off while dad is outside of the car trying to open the door prior to her taking off? COULD HAPPEN. Not disputing it, just putting options out there.

I am assuming that LE has evidence that Nalini was in the car with Nancy.
I'm trying to figure out what would be Nancy's motive for abducting Nalini.
Non-family child abductions are extremely rare.
Possible motive(s):
1) Mental/Emotional Illness precipitated by the 'loss' of her own child.
2) Money
3) Violent predator (I'm not seeing this).

Hi everyone! I am also a new member based off of this story. I chose not to contribute my opinions on Facebook or twitter lol this seems like the best place with likeminded individuals.

I want to start off by saying that I personally received my amber alert around 7:45pm then I watched on the news that she was caught coming back up Rodi Rd. At around 8:15pm. If they sent out an amber alert earlier than that I can honestly say that I did not receive it. I live 2 miles from where this happened and I know a lot of people in the area. This is really hitting home for me as I have my own children and can’t imagine being in a place of sheer powerlessness as a parent in terms of getting my own child back.

When I heard the name (Sharena Islam Nancy)on the news I immediately tried searching for her on social media to see if there was an account. Nothing turned up. After Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram all failed in finding a matching name I ended up using an app from the Apple App Store called “Instant Checkmate” which does a basic person search. The information given from the app is as follows: name, age, birthdate, possible associates, address, and emails(sometimes.) When I searched “ Sharena Islam Nancy it showed her current address as one which is less than 3 minutes from where the abduction took place. It also showed some possible associates to her and in looking at those associates there was someone who had address as her. I’m not sure if it was a previous tenant but it seems they were there at the same time. Again, I’m not certain about the information in the app but it’s there for a reason. She also had associates in Elmhurst, NY(queens), Valley Stream, NY(Near JFK on Long Island), Jamaica Queens, NY, Brighton Heights (Pittsburgh), and Avalon (Pittsburgh). I haven’t heard anyone give this information prior to this post but you all can search her name on the app for yourselves as well just to check it out. I don’t know who to believe I just know that I would search any and everyone until I got down to the bottom of this. I pray that whoever has the baby turns her in or that she is found alive by someone. This is heart breaking for me to see. I’m hugging my children a little tighter this weekend. God bless you all.

I agree and who's to say he PAID! If he does pay, Nancy is waiting to get paid, then takes off while dad is outside of the car trying to open the door prior to her taking off? COULD HAPPEN. Not disputing it, just putting options out there.
Even if he had not yet handed over the cash for the ride we know that it was a jitney ride so the point that he had to get someone that drives for money is still valid to the point that he probably didn't have a convenient ride option just waiting there.

I am assuming that LE has evidence that Nalini was in the car with Nancy.
I'm trying to figure out what would be Nancy's motive for abducting Nalini.
Non-family child abductions are extremely rare.
Possible motive(s):
1) Mental/Emotional Illness precipitated by the 'loss' of her own child.
2) Money
3) Violent predator (I'm not seeing this).
4) Revenge against Nalina's dad (for unknown reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes