GUILTY Pa - One Adult, 20 Students Stabbed At Murrysville High School, 9 April 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
in regards to kids in kindergarten having drills, i just wanted to say that i agree it's very important for all the grades to be a part of. however, at my daughter's school the youngest grades are taught by playing a game, sardines. so basically the teacher says it's time to play a game, tells them how to hide and everything, and then the principal comes in and sees if he can find them. that way the kids aren't terrified during the drills but they know what to do if the teacher tells them it's time to hide, don't let the person coming in the room find you.

Thank you for this missberry :hug:

Drills should be age-appropriate, and not traumatic. School districts have mental health professionals on-staff to ensure children are able to get the message and training without requiring a parent to have to pick them up from school in tears.

The stress of the drill can't outweigh the purpose of it, and I would imagine they evolve throughout the grade levels, as the kids are better able to understand why they need to have them (sadly).

I'm sorry if my previous post was unclear. I still stand behind the point I was trying to make: that everyone should work together to protect our children, and not hurt them in the process. I'm pretty sure most would agree on that. It sounds like there are schools out there that are doing just that.

I will be contacting my school administration to find out if we have a program for this today. If we don't, the process needs to start.

:tyou: all for the great info. I learn SO much from all of you here!

:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearing Dr. Alarcon on CNN speak about one of the students having bleeding difficulties due to blood loss and excessive transfusions. This is a condition called DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation) and is extremely critical. So sad.

My heart doesn't break for the perp. Why should it.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for the perp too. And I've just about had it with the whole "perp as the bullied victim" script. Enough already. Yes, bullying is bad but it's not an excuse to go on an attempted murder spree.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for the perp too. And I've just about had it with the whole "perp as the bullied victim" script. Enough already. Yes, bullying is bad but it's not an excuse to go on an attempted murder spree.

I was bullied horribly during my grade school years, due to being Native American. I rose above it, and chose a path of love. He could have done the same. No sympathy, sorry. Only for the victims!

My heart doesn't break for the perp. Why should it.

I honestly don't know, I usually don't have much if any compassion for the perpetrators, but there was something about him in that picture in the back of that police car, and the thought of what his parents must be feeling as to how their child could do such a horrible crime

I was bullied horribly during my grade school years, due to being Native American. I rose above it, and chose a path of love. He could have done the same. No sympathy, sorry. Only for the victims!
RSBM

Totally agree. Who of us here have gone through life without anyone picking on us ? Even adults bully others in the workplace... I have seen it happen.
No excuse for acting out in a vicious manner. None.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2600608/At-six-people-injured-high-school-stabbing-spree.html

"...'I don't know what could possibly motivate him to do it,' Shane Molyneaux told NBC News.

'He was somewhat friendly. He was very smart. He was not bullied and he did not seem like a mean kid. He did have friends.'.." endquote

Kudos to Nate Scimio for pulling the fire alarm and alerting others that they needed to get out !
I, for one , liked his selfie... it's as if he is saying, "...you may have hurt me, but here I am ,alive and taking a pic. You (perp) did NOT destroy me. :) ..."
:moo:

Prayers for all of the injured and I hope they make it o.k. ; positive thoughts and hugs to the loved ones of the injured, as well.

Ive been a member here for 6 years, but mostly a lurker and now I know why.... I apologize if it upsets, offends, or you can't understand why I would feel sad for the perp as well as the victims. I can't explain it, just
a feeling that came over me while watching cnn...im going back to just reading....

I couldn't agree more. It's getting REALLY old. And if it's now being reported that he was bullied, then people knew about it. What was done?

I honestly feel that until LE starts prosecuting kids AND their parents for bullying it's not going to stop.

I will be the first to admit that I feel "bullied" is probably one of the most over used terms these days ("amazing" being the #1 :floorlaugh:) - but I think there is a CLEAR distinction between what us "older folk" would call typical picking on and bullying. T
here are parents who like to throw around the term "bullying" when Suzie tells Sally that her new shoes are ugly. That's not bullying. That's NOT a reason to bring a gun to school and shoot Suzie and her entire class.

But - there ARE cases of serious bullying, and unless the parents take care of it swiftly and harshly very little is typically done if you're looking for the school to come to the rescue. Schools are known to avoid these situations like the plague. Their hands are also tied in many cases even when they would like to get involved.

I tell ya what...if it were my kid being truly bullied, you bet your arse I'd be knockin' on those parents door with the cops. And I don't want to hear "that will just make it worse - don't do that".
People who bully people are cowards, period. And I'm not here to play games. I'll charge you and your kid with whatever the hell I can possibly come up with, and drag your name through the mud.
My kid will NOT be a punching bag for your low self-esteemed kid.

You're gonna have to come through me first...:furious:

I honestly don't know, I usually don't have much if any compassion for the perpetrators, but there was something about him in that picture in the back of that police car, and the thought of what his parents must be feeling as to how their child could do such a horrible crime
RSBM

Honestly... not feeling much compassion for the teen perp at this point.

As far as his parents, which we know nothing about at this point; I wanted to say that because a young person commits a crime does not mean his/her parents raised the child to act like that.
I've lived long enough to see some parents (I have respect for) have children who have done some terrible things.

Ive been a member here for 6 years, but mostly a lurker and now I know why.... I apologize if it upsets, offends, or you can't understand why I would feel sad for the perp as well as the victims. I can't explain it, just
a feeling that came over me while watching cnn...im going back to just reading....

No, don't leave us! :loveyou: I understand why you feel bad for the perp. I do. He's just a kid. And you're very compassionate to the fact that he obviously has serious mental disturbances and possibly a plethora of other issues he's dealing with.

You're not at all bad for feeling this, and don't be afraid to say it. We all have lots of different opinions and feelings and they are all valid - whether some of us like them or not.

Don't leave because of someone not agreeing with ya - I've had my fair share of bumps and bruises here. You'll build a tough skin! ;)

Why did I just now hear about this from iHeart Radio. W. T. F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why lurk, when you can be among us lovely WSers? :loveyou: You have a right to your opinion, just as much as we do, And I, for one, respect it! :) That's what makes this forum so wonderful! Many, many opinions! :)

No, don't leave us! :loveyou: I understand why you feel bad for the perp. I do. He's just a kid. And you're very compassionate to the fact that he obviously has serious mental disturbances and possibly a plethora of other issues he's dealing with.

You're not at all bad for feeling this, and don't be afraid to say it. We all have lots of different opinions and feelings and they are all valid - whether some of us like them or not.

Don't leave because of someone not agreeing with ya - I've had my fair share of bumps and bruises here. You'll build a tough skin! ;)

I quit counting my bumps! :floorlaugh:

RSBM

Honestly do not feeling much compassion for the teen perp at this point.

As far as his parents, which we know nothing about at this point; I wanted to say that because a young person commits a crime does not mean his/her parents raised the child to act like that.
I've lived long enough to see some parents (I have respect for) have children who have done some terrible things.

I think that's why some people (myself included) would feel compassion for the parents. Sometimes, you do everything right, and your child makes a terrible mistake - or worse. It is gut wrenching, and often, there's little sympathy for them. I think one of the parents of one of the Columbine killers talked about it.

I am very anxious to hear if the perp was on meds. I'm convinced all these medications pumped into a growing brain do something to a child. My little nephew is 10. He has been on all sorts of meds to control his active behavior and his supposed anger/ depression. What little kid wouldn't be depressed when his mother rips him from the security of his home to go off with some guy she barely knows? His whole life has basically been chaos. The answer was to give him pills and no therapy to address the real issue. Thank God they are weaning him off meds now. But who knows what kind of damage has already been done. Parents,schools,Drs. are too quick to hand out meds,IMO,because its easier for them than to deal with the underlying cause. I think my nephew is one of thousands of kids who are overally medicated and we are paying the consequences with other peoples lives,if somebody snaps.

I'm sorry beth272. I didn't mean to seem to be aiming my post to you . I just quoted it because some perps get such sympathy and others get called names like thugs, just because of how they look or what "side of the tracks" they come from.

I am not saying you are like that. You are probably a very tender hearted person. And I agree it must be horrible for a parent or other family member to know know their loved one has done such a horrible thing.

Please do not stop posting. You are a valuable member. :loveyou:

Please stick around. You are not alone. I can't go hating on a 16 year old kid when I don't know what is going on in his life. I just can't. What he did was wrong wrong wrong but I know nothing about him. Praying for all involved.

Hearing Dr. Alarcon on CNN speak about one of the students having bleeding difficulties due to blood loss and excessive transfusions. This is a condition called DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation) and is extremely critical. So sad.

This young person is seriously in danger and I know we can't do much, but for those that do, please pray for this child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdub2488
Back