GUILTY PA - Orrell Kirkland, 20 mos, scrubbed with Drano, dies, Philadelphia, 2 Feb 2010

I am disgusted beyond words. I had taken a bit of a break from True Crime and WebSleuths.....because sometimes, you just have to. I am speechless about how low humanity can go. :sick:

I am disgusted beyond words. I had taken a bit of a break from True Crime and WebSleuths.....because sometimes, you just have to. I am speechless about how low humanity can go. :sick:

since monday we've had this case and a soldier who waterboarded his 4 year old cause she couldnt recite her a-b-cs.
tune in wensdsay.......im sure there will be something to top both of these :(

Never mind witness it -- how did they not hear little Suliaman screaming in agony???????????!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH did they think was going on??????????

Just speculating, TM, but nobody paid it any mind.

Maybe they hear kids screaming like this all the time?

I don't know. At least they told us he was a gentleman. Maybe saying that would take some of the burden of guilt off someone? I don't know. We live in rowhouses. This neighborhood is rowhouses as far as I can recall. You can hear. You especially can hear a baby cry. So, somebody in the house had to hear this poor child.

Yes, and the "gentleman" will now enjoy three meals a day, free medical and dental care, free legal representation, as well as extensive psychological testing to try to determine if someone else is to blame for his homicidal actions.
Lawyers, judges, and various other folks will bend over backwards to see his every need served and his "rights" protected to the utmost. That's our justice system at work!

oh, and don't forget! They will also, after being released, be given help in locating a job, please believe, as a hiring manager for retail we got plenty of applicant's we couldn't turn down. HALF of them brought in an authority figure with them to "vouch" for them...smh

WHY? Not what did the baby do, the baby did nothing.... Why would someone think to do this...:cry: :cry:

My husband works offshore, and witnessed a tool called a "chemical cutter" explode before it was lowered into the pipe. The chemical hit another worker, and I am not even going to describe to you what happened, because God forbid another person should have to try to go to sleep with this picture in their mind.

I'll just tell you this: This innocent child suffered. He suffered an unbearable pain before he was released from pain.

This "babysitter" , this "gentleman" needs to pay a very strong penalty for what he has done.

The cruelty that humans are capable of never ceases to horrify me.

But he won't, even using the needle has been ruled inhumane in too many states because it takes too long for these to fall asleep...

I am .......beyond disgusted

Unreal...inhuman....unthinkable....Good Lord what next???

Murder trial ordered in death of toddler rubbed with Drano
Posted on Wed, May. 12, 2010

A Logan man who babysat neighborhood children will stand trial on murder charges for rubbing caustic drain cleaner over a 20-month-old boy because he was "fussing in the bathtub."
Aaron Pace, 34, was held on murder and child endangerment charges Tuesday after a preliminary hearing before Municipal Court Judge James M. DeLeon.

Defense attorney Fred R. Goodman argued that Pace should be tried only for third-degree murder, not first-degree - a malicious planned killing. Horrific autopsy photos of Suliaman Orrell Kirkland displayed at the hearing, he said, were inflammatory.

"There was no specific intent to kill this baby," Goodman said. "I'd like everybody to take a deep breath and let the rule of law prevail."

Assistant District Attorney Christine Wechsler noted that Pace took care not to burn himself and that the child had a "slow and painful death."

The judge agreed, saying that because Pace lied about what happened, the child was not treated for chemical burns and suffered for five days.

snip

Police Officer Judith Kinniry testified that she went to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children on Feb. 2 on a child assault report. In the trauma unit, she saw staff treating Suliaman, screaming with burns to his head and torso.

Pace and Quintesha Kirkland were nearby. Kinniry said Pace told her he was giving Suliaman a bath when the child started crying and he noticed the boy was burned.

"He said he felt the water with his hand," Kinniry said. "He said he should have felt it with an elbow."

Five days later, Suliaman was dead.

On Feb. 7, Homicide Detective Jack Cummings confronted Pace with the implausibility of his version of events. The child had no burns on his legs or buttocks and could not have been scalded in a tub of hot water, Cummings testified.

Ultimately, Pace confessed, telling Cummings he lost his temper because Suliaman was "fussing and crying."

Pace described putting Drano crystals on a washcloth and rubbing the child until the boy's skin began sloughing off.

Cummings said Pace described wrapping the boy and walking with him: "I was patting him and telling him I didn't mean to hurt him."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca...ed_in_death_of_toddler_rubbed_with_Drano.html

He faces trial in baby's death

Pace, a bearded, balding, stout man who is being held without bail, shook his head in disagreement several times during the hearing.

Others shook their heads in disbelief when a series of color photographs showing extensive, reddish burns over the child's face and body were displayed on a large projection screen.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20100512_He_faces_trial_in_baby_s_death.html

Aww, look at the poor little boo boo face in his mug shot. Guess he is sorry now, but probably not for the little boy he murdered in such a horrific way.

Grandmother said he is forgiven. They don't want him to get death, but hope he suffers in jail.

I don't know? You forgive somebody do you want them to suffer in jail?

Perhaps that was a misprint?

Feel for Officer Judith Kinniry. Can you even imagine coming to the hospital and seeing that poor baby suffering like that?

I see it in a little different light. I think they have forgiven him but still feel he needs to be punished for what he did. And they did specifically ask that he not get the death penalty, which certainly shows a level of forgiveness to me. I think the word suffer is not being used in a way that connotes actual physical suffering, but suffering for being in jail.

I, too, feel sorry for all of those that tried to help that baby. The things that must have been going through their minds is unimaginable. To see that baby suffering like that and to know that it was done on purpose has to be a hard thing to swallow. Undoubtedly, it's one of those things that is hard to erase from your mind when you are trying to sleep at night.

Am I understanding that his IQ is below average and the baby was in pain for some days before getting hospital care? If so, who left him to watch a toddler for so long? I understand playing with kids and being friendly, but entrusting long term safety?

Not that I think anyone else acted criminally per se, just seems irresponsible.

I don't know what would posses a parent to get an intellectually disabled male babysitter for their toddler. Mother says CPS removed her other child after this incident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back