PA PA - Patricia Seelbaugh, 17, Grove City, 26 Oct 1973

RBBM

PSP Mercer County sent me Patricia's info back in 2008 to have her added to DN and my old PA Missing site.

Text of the email in part - notice that Patricia's birth date is February 24, 1956. I'm wondering if whoever wrote the obit for her mother erroneously used Patricia's birth month instead of October when she went missing.

Name: Patricia Jane Seelbaugh
Female
Date Missing- 10-26-73 Friday
DOB/02-24-56
Hgt/ 5 foot
Wgt/ 98 lbs.
Hair/Long straight black in color
Eyes/ Hazel
White, non-hispanic
No distinguishing characteristics
No medical problems known did wear glasses for reading but did not have them with her.
Clothing- Only listed as wearing blue jeans, no other clothing mentioned in report
No jewelry noted
No alias
Reported missing from her parent’s house, Grove City Boro, Grove City Pa.
No fingerprints
Dental and full body x-rays available
DNA- none listed however she has a daughter who resides in the area in which dna could possibly be developed from her.
She is listed as missing on our report
Circumstances: She was last seen in the company of friends at the Barkeyville truck stop in Barkeyville Pa. This truck stop is located off of Interstate 80 just east of interstate 79. She was dropped off with a known male at a residence in the area located just outside of Grove City Pa, commonly referred as Hallville. That is the last time she was seen, it was late, most likely after midnight. The investigation case number is D3-24406.
I have called the PSP about this case and an unsolved homicide of a friend as well several times over the years. When speaking to the officer ( no detectives were available to work any cases???? ) I was told by this officer that he too was wanting to get this solved because he has a personal interest in this case. When I asked what that was, I was taken aback at his response. He said she had been his Brother's wife at the time of her disappearance. His BROTHER was the one she was last seen with, according to the officer. Not sure if that was the man she was seen with or if he was at the residence she was dropped off at. I had never read that she was married at the time she went missing. If she indeed was married, why is he not correcting this information on NAMUS? The residence that she was last seen at, according to him, was HER residence that she shared with her husband. He DID say they "weren't getting along" at the time of her disappearance. I asked the officer if that rang any alarms for him as it rang several for me. He said it did not. I asked if the fact that he is related to her husband, boyfriend whatever, that he may be biased in the case, he said no. He told me there are literally no clues in this case. Mercer PSP are NOT known to be great at their jobs. I know personally of one murder that they listed as a suicide, 100%. I suspect another. I know of another murder that they listed as a traffic accident. 100%, but those are for another thread. People need to blow up Mercer PSP and demand justice for Patricia.

50 years missing...

3_20220225_105811_0002.png
Patricia Jane Seelbaugh, age 17, Missing since 26 October 1973 from Grove City, PA

Click on image to enlarge.

LINKS:

Last edited:
PSP said that Patricia Seelbaugh was last seen with friends at the Barkeyville Truck Stop, off Interstate 80 just East of Interstate 79, Venango County on 10/26/1973. PSP is offering a $5,000 cash reward.

PSP said that she was dropped off with an unknown male at a residence in the area located just outside of Grove City, Mercer County, commonly known as Hallville after midnight. Troopers said that Patricia wore glasses for reading but left them behind.

According to investigators, Seelbaugh was dropped off with an unknown male at a home just outside of Grove City, commonly known as Hallville. It was reportedly after midnight. She has not been seen since

Officials said she was dropped off at a residence in Hallville with an unknown man just after midnight. Hallville is just outside of Grove City, Mercer County. She has not been seen since that October night, officials said. Seelbaugh also left behind her reading glasses, Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers said in a post on Oct. 30.

Oct 30, 2023

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea