Weight185 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactFebruary 12, 1972
NamUs Case CreatedFebruary 2, 2019
Last Known Location Map
LocationElwood City, Pennsylvania 16117
CountyLawrence County

Circumstances of DisappearanceLast seen leaving his part time job at General Sales, Inc. on Pittsburgh Circle, Ellwood City to go to lunch. Unconfirmed report of him getting into a tan colored Oldsmobile. Was declared dead in July 1976. Goes by his middle name: Leo.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Brown & gold checked trousers, light green shirt, short red jacket.

Eyewear
Brown rimmed eyeglasses.

Footwear
Brown shoes

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Articles from the New Castle News 2/15/72 and 7/23/76 respectively.

Attachments

• Bilodeau  New Castle News 2-15-72.JPG
    Bilodeau New Castle News 2-15-72.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Bilodeau, Leo New Castle News 7-23-76.jpg
    Bilodeau, Leo New Castle News 7-23-76.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 14
I didn't find a thread for this UID: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

It sure seems like a lot of coincidences between this UID and Leo (Paul). I know there is only a few days between Leo's disappearance and the UID discovery, and the suspicion was a longer time-frame back then. But, maybe 6 days is enough for decomp and animal activity to take a toll?

The obit article posted by CCJD states that he had told his family of an association with "violent and dangerous persons from the Youngstown area"-- that area is pretty close to where the UID was discovered in Donegal.

I would say the pants size makes it less likely to be Leo since the inseam was listed as 29" (that would be pretty short for a guy who is 6'0") But my ex is 6'2" and his inseam is only 31", so it's possible?

The obit article posted by CCJD states that he had told his family of an association with "violent and dangerous persons from the Youngstown area"-- that area is pretty close to where the UID was discovered in Donegal.
rsbm

But it doesn't specify if it's Youngstown, PA or Youngstown, OH. Youngstown, OH is much closer (and northwest) of Elwood City - 30 miles or so. Youngstown, PA is around 80 miles (southeast) from Elwood City.

Timing's not working for me. NamUs says for UID: "State of Remains: Full Skeletal Remains". Six days, in February to become skeletal. I'm thinking not likely.

rsbm

But it doesn't specify if it's Youngstown, PA or Youngstown, OH. Youngstown, OH is much closer (and northwest) of Elwood City - 30 miles or so. Youngstown, PA is around 80 miles (southeast) from Elwood City.

Timing's not working for me. NamUs says for UID: "State of Remains: Full Skeletal Remains". Six days, in February to become skeletal. I'm thinking not likely.

I agree that the timeline makes it less likely... but Namus describes a "badly decomposed body was discovered" rather than skeletal remains. I totally agree that if the remains were skeletal, there's no way it could be Leo.

ETA: Nevermind, I see that it says near complete skeleton. I wish they would be consistent - to me skeletal remains is a lot different than decomposing- even badly decomposed. I'm sure I'm wrong on it being Leo.

Hadn't heard of this one. I have family around 20 minutes from his given address and I think that this would've been around the time that they settled in the area.

Another article that I saw stated that he had a wife, two children and was a good family man. I wonder what became of them.

It's always interesting when someone in a photo from so long ago appears youthful and modern. He could walk down the street today as he looked in the picture and fit right in. Crazy to think that he'd be in his 90s.

I didn't find a thread for this UID: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

It sure seems like a lot of coincidences between this UID and Leo (Paul). I know there is only a few days between Leo's disappearance and the UID discovery, and the suspicion was a longer time-frame back then. But, maybe 6 days is enough for decomp and animal activity to take a toll?

I would say the pants size makes it less likely to be Leo since the inseam was listed as 29" (that would be pretty short for a guy who is 6'0") But my ex is 6'2" and his inseam is only 31", so it's possible?
Based on what Paul told his family, my guess is this was a Youngstown mob hit.

Were there any locations known to LE or later revealed by former mob members which the mob often used to dispose of murder victims (dumping grounds, disposal areas, drums, burial spots)?

I suppose if it was a mob hit - and if the mob used funeral homes or auto salvage locations as means of disposal - the chances of Paul’s remains ever being found would be pretty much non-existent.

Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amikman
Back