Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57 #2 - Joseph Augustus Zarelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many old big cases this year. Amazing
As much as I am really glad the IDs of victims are getting out, I also really hope more perps get ID'd.

The perp is alive? Throw em in jail and serve justice. The perp is dead? Out their identity to the whole world and have them be posthumously hated for the rest of time.

Can’t recall - I believe M. died recently? Her account made the most sense to me.
I always thought it was dumb that they didn’t take her account more seriously because of her mental illness (which is what I remember the most often cited reason being for not believing her). Witnessing and experiencing traumatic stuff like the things she said would very likely cause some mental health issues.

I dont post in here but follow the thread, I found out he has been identified on one of his Facebook groups and I'm so happy. I also thought of Ms Suzanne who has tirelessly advocated for this boy. They said by the end of the year, and just squeaking in with a month to go. This is amazing amazing news. I hope that the perpetrator is still alive to face justice, as to who is next precious hope I have my fingers crossed.

It would be fascinating to hear from the person (s) who looked at the data and realized they'd likely found the correct family match.

Was there a relative from the "prominent family" who provided DNA, believing the truth matters? If so, they will be going through a lot, too.

I always thought it was dumb that they didn’t take her account more seriously because of her mental illness (which is what I remember the most often cited reason being for not believing her). Witnessing and experiencing traumatic stuff like the things she said would very likely cause some mental health issues.

Hint: accusations were pointing to a prominent family. :/

If this boy grew up in the ‘prominent’ family, wouldn’t he have been more likely to be noticed missing? Maybe a child was born into this family but given up for adoption and ended up in a bad family. Just so glad he gets his name back

I'm the odd one out here but I've never believed M's story. I guess we'll find out next week. Kids from prominent families can be abused too. Hoping his parents are still alive to face prosecution. They would definitely be in their 80's or 90's but it's a possibility.

I still believe they put him in a institution, orphanage, Foster Home or hospital of some kind and he died in there getting groomed and a hair cut.
A child born out of wedlock, considered "embarrassing" so out of the house to some sort of informal adoption is one of my guesses.

I've been reading about this case since I went to college in PA in the mid 80s. I really thought we'd never know.

I'm betting he was born out of wedlock to the daughter of someone in a prominent family, then put into foster care, adopted out or sold. Jmo. We'll see next week.
Or he had some kind of mental disability and so he was hidden from people like a shameful secret, then shipped to some institution, or locked somewhere away.

Anybody else here from the area and if so, how has the reaction been 'round your parts? I live about 25 minutes away from the original crime scene and most people here are pretty excited about the news, though most of the younger generation isn't even aware of the case. (But I guess they're about to find out...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74