Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find odd is that who ever had him made sure he had the medical care he needed for certain things. So my question is why didn't they get him vaccinated? I remember my vaccination because my mom would yell at me for picking at the scab, I didn't go to school until I was six. I can't remember was it only necessary if you were starting school? BTW, still waiting for return phone calls, ugh...

It is heart breaking. I spent some time looking at the site the other day reading and going over the area in my head. I've been there past that road many times.

I have to wonder if he was not at all from this area. If he was just dropped off here. What I am curious about was cause of death. Was there an a tusk cause of death?

It is heart breaking. I spent some time looking at the site the other day reading and going over the area in my head. I've been there past that road many times.

I have to wonder if he was not at all from this area. If he was just dropped off here. What I am curious about was cause of death. Was there an a tusk cause of death?

On the previous page, post #598 there are some autopsy photos you can look at. Are you from that area?

Yes, I am in suburbs of philly now, But I lived in the Northeast for years. My dh is from the burbs on the other side so we used to travel down these roads a lot..

I have seen the photos but I am not sure I have seen a clear COD.

I have to go read again.

Yes, that is a good question. What was the cause of death??

What I find odd is that who ever had him made sure he had the medical care he needed for certain things. So my question is why didn't they get him vaccinated? I remember my vaccination because my mom would yell at me for picking at the scab, I didn't go to school until I was six. I can't remember was it only necessary if you were starting school? BTW, still waiting for return phone calls, ugh...

What do you mean he had medical care for certain things?

And I read that was one way they aged him because he had no vaccination mark so they thought he was preschool age. Also that he had all his baby teeth. So maybe he was too young to have gotten vaccinations yet or if this was done by his parents maybe they were poor parents and would have never gotten him vaccinated anyway.

This is saying COD was multiple head injuries.

http://americasunknownchild.net/apbstory.htm

The case has always been investigated as a homicide. Dr. Joseph Spelman, the city medical examiner at the time, ruled that the cause of death was multiple head injuries. But the manner of death was never determined.

Countless stories written about the case refer to the boy as a murder victim. Some say he was beaten to death. One theory -- which took into account the bruises on the boy's head -- was that whoever gave the boy his choppy haircut killed him accidentally by holding his head too tightly.

"Every theory you can imagine has been thrown out there," Augustine said.

But one of the people closest to the case always believed the boy died naturally, or more likely as the result of an accident.

I do respect and have the utmost respect for Bill Kelly.I just don't agree with him.If I may please say That lady M in the article,that lead did not pan out.I do not believe the lady in Ohio at all.I extremely feel his name is not Jonathan and he was never there with her.In my personal honest opinion.I refuse to and I will not call him Jonathan.It is not his his real name.They do not know who he is.

I am not saying I will not call him Jonathan any more and that is not his name.I do not know his name.

Let another message today, also mentioned NamUs, hopefully they will work on getting him on that site.

Did you get a hold of any one yet?Did anyone they ever call you back?

Did you get a hold of any one yet?Did anyone they ever call you back?

No calls returned yet from Detective Cummings, Vidocq Society or the the newspaper......do you know of the name of the coroner who is in office at the present time?

No calls returned yet from Detective Cummings, Vidocq Society or the the newspaper......do you know of the name of the coroner who is in office at the present time?

I think it's at this link.

http://www.phila.gov/health/medicalexaminer/index.html

Contact
Medical Examiner's Office
Sam P. Gulino, MD, Chief Medical Examiner
David Quain, Forensic Services Director
321 University Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
215-685-7458
215-685-9465 (fax)

On the link it does list Namus on there at the bottom.So I don't know why the boy in the box is not on there.I feel he should be.

Links
National Missing and Unidentified Persons Database
Paternity Testing Information
Records Requests

We can only hope, I just wish people would return calls. I find it strange when LE asks for the public's help, but when someone with no importance, like myself, seems interested in helping, they don't return calls or give out any information that would further help the public in helping them.

I just want to say Thank you for helping this little one.You are doing great.I know someone,somewhere must know who he is.If we just don't give up on him I know we will find out his real name and give it to him.

After a week and a half and no return call from The Inquirer, I got in touch with them today and was told its not likely that they will be running a story on him because of lack of staff.

After waiting for a return call for over a week I finally got in touch with the Homicide Division and was told that the person that I was thought handling the case is not the correct person. This person gave me the name of the person who is in charge of the case, again I left my name and number.

I called a different newspaper, Philly.com and left a message with the person that has ran stories of the boy in the box before.

I called the medical examiner's office and spoke with a woman who gave me the name of the man in charge and told me I could call back tomorrow. I will keep trying.

These are the numbers I have been calling if any one else wants to try :)

Phillynews.com - Northeast Times - b. Kenny 215-354-3031 left message 2/15 and 2/19

Homicide Division 215-686-3334 my first message was to introduce myself, left two message afterwards, first was told Cummings was handling the case, then I was told Kuhlmeier was handling the case - 215-686-1233 on that number I received no answer and no machine to leave message. There is another number I can try 215-686-1232.

Medical Examiner's Office - was given the name of person in charge, won't be in until 4 pm today, will try again. 215-685-7445.

I am still looking, and feel MAYBE my family rented our home to some southerners that may have had a connection to the boy. Either he was with them, the renters, when he died, or the male renter may have sold him to M's mom (if your familair with that case). I have found a lot about this family. I keep searching. I know I may find out soemday theer is no connection, but I will keep trying till I find out. You can look back and see my details if you choose.

In the beginning, when I first heard of the "boy in the box", in my mind I thought he had been found somewhere in town. Then I read, everything, and it amazed me how little I had know of this case. I have been a member for awhile but hadn't really posed anything. Think in November I became more involved and now I'm on here every day. So yes, I am familiar with your story and found it really interesting. Glad your back :)

I am still looking, and feel MAYBE my family rented our home to some southerners that may have had a connection to the boy. Either he was with them, the renters, when he died, or the male renter may have sold him to M's mom (if your familair with that case). I have found a lot about this family. I keep searching. I know I may find out soemday theer is no connection, but I will keep trying till I find out. You can look back and see my details if you choose.

If I may please say.IMHO I don't think or feel M's involved with this little boy at all.Her story and lead never panned out.There was No trace at all of this little boy ever being with her.I do think your renters may possibly have been involved.But maybe they put this little boy in the box into a foster home or orphanage or DHS removed him from their home.I do not feel he was sold.A Dr just possibly saw him for his possible eye ailment.His eye had dye in it.IMHO I really feel they need to look into your renters and your story and leave M completely out of the story.

I think my two possible best leads would be the Manayunk pennsylvania's little boy put into the system and put into and orphanage or I have for many years now felt very strongly The Horsham suspects were involved in this case.But I had another theory that led another way that I felt he was put in a foster home or orphanage or institution because of his hair cut,being groomed ect...But it didn't fit for me with both leads together.

I was thinking my theory would work if they were not suspects at all.That they handed him over or he was removed by DHS from their home.There was a picture of a little boy that apparently looked remarkably like the boy in the box found at their farm.Have they or will they do DNA testing with that little boy found in that picture to see if he was the boy in the box.

Maybe another County was involved.Not just Philadelphia county.

Check both of these little boys with DNA.Can someone please look into them.I would like to know who these two little boys were.

For some reason I keep thinking about the man who witnessed the lady and the boy standing along side the road. He thought they had a flat tire. To bad he couldn't have given a better description of her so the LE could have done a sketch of her. I also think the Horsham info is an interesting theory.

The Northeast Times won't be running a story, it was nice that they called me back though. Will have to think of other ways. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74