Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I hope you're okay now. Glad you were able to get out before Thanksgiving.

I don't know who got him into NamUs. Actually, it's such a well-known case that I always assumed he was already in the system, so I was surprised to see he was just recently added.

Interesting that his Identification Potential is given as Medium - High. That seems pretty optimistic after 57 years. What formula did they use to arrive at that?

NamUs does it automatically based on the information entered. This page explains the rating system and what you need to get a certain amount of stars.

This is a 4-star case because his face is recognizable, there's pictures of his face, it lists distinguishing marks, and DNA and dentals are available. He'll be a 5 if fingerprints are entered.

NamUs does it automatically based on the information entered. This page explains the rating system and what you need to get a certain amount of stars.

This is a 4-star case because his face is recognizable, there's pictures of his face, it lists distinguishing marks, and DNA and dentals are available. He'll be a 5 if fingerprints are entered.

OK, thanks. It seems a little odd that they don't enter time into the equation but that's just me.:thinking:

I would think that fingerprints wouldn't be very important for a person under 15 unless it was a relatively recent case. What prints do they hope to compare them too?

This is so good for him.May I please ask who got him in NAMUS? I'm very sorry I have not been here for a few months.I just got out of over a month in the hospital with renal failure and sepsis.I am in out patient now.I have not forgotten this little one.He will be in my heart forever.I pray they find out who he is soon.

We've missed you Ms Suzanne !

Get_Well_soon_Tweety_by_SisterNightmare.jpg

Has any one called or found out if they are doing any thing to find out who our boy is? Any new leads?

I have a feeling that the isotope test has already been done when they exhumed him. I think they are keeping that under their hat right now, the only reason I can think of for not making that public is maybe a person/or organization with a large ego wants to be able to take the credit for finding out who he is. I'm sure they would not want an armchair detective figuring it out.

Has anyone brought up the idea of LE giving a genetic sample to an ancestry-tracing website/company, like 23andme.com?? I think that would hold huge potential for identifying this boy if the sample could be other genetic material besides a cheek swab, which living people give to have their DNA analyzed....

I wish we would hear something from LE or someone soon about what if anything is going on with his case.

Has anyone brought up the idea of LE giving a genetic sample to an ancestry-tracing website/company, like 23andme.com?? I think that would hold huge potential for identifying this boy if the sample could be other genetic material besides a cheek swab, which living people give to have their DNA analyzed....
I think this is a very good Idea.I wish they would do this for him.Has anyone heard any thing new on his case?

Not sure if this will help at all, but looking at the pictures of the boy including the artist renderings of what he looked like in life, I found them to be pretty limited.

I made this. Granted, it's not great, but I think it's a bit better. I mapped skin texture onto the shape of his face and added realistic hair that matches what his hairstyle may have been (impossible to tell of course, but a guess) It's in color.

unnamed.jpg

Not sure if this will help at all, but looking at the pictures of the boy including the artist renderings of what he looked like in life, I found them to be pretty limited.

I made this. Granted, it's not great, but I think it's a bit better. I mapped skin texture onto the shape of his face and added realistic hair that matches what his hairstyle may have been (impossible to tell of course, but a guess) It's in color.

View attachment 67179
WOW.Thank You so much.This picture is beautiful. Can I please put this on my boards and face book too? Would you like me to say it's from your user name on here? Can you please make him with a little longer hair too? Is that ok? I'm just curious what he would look like with a little bit longer hair too.

I read in early newspaper articles the hairs found on his body were possibly short hairs and not curly.

http://americasunknownchild.net/Archives1Text.html#MBMBKV

Alive or Dead?

Kelly said that while this indicates that the boy was nude when his hair was cut, it is impossible to tell whether he was alive or dead at the time. If the boy was alive, however, the haircut certainly was given within a short time of his death, Kelly added.
From the time the body was found, investigators were struck by the way the boy's hair looked. They noted that the haircut was so crude that there was no doubt it was the work of an amateur.
Kelly said there were too many of the small cut hairs found on the body for them to have fallen down inside the boy's clothing. He said it also was apparent that the boy was naked when his hair was cut because the particles of hair otherwise would not have been found distributed all over the body.

Hair Not Curly

He said that the boy's hair did not appear to have been curly. But, he said the murderer may have cut it because the boy may have worn his hair unusually long - so long, perhaps, that it attracted notice.
"We suspect that the hair was cut to conceal the identity," Kelly said.
The Chief Inspector in charge of detectives renewed his plea to the public to come to police with any suspicions they may have about who the dead boy may have been.
He said it was important to the investigation that anyone aware of the disappearance of any child, having knowledge of any child being abused, or having noticed the absence of a child, immediately contact police.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but has anyone asked for an open records request for this case? Because of the FOIA we should be able to get the records. Just a thought.

Xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW.Thank You so much.This picture is beautiful. Can I please put this on my boards and face book too? Would you like me to say it's from your user name on here? Can you please make him with a little longer hair too? Is that ok? I'm just curious what he would look like with a little bit longer hair too.

Sure you can do that. Credit or a link back is always nice.

I can do longer hair. How do you want it? Just a bit longer or like as long as you would typically have on a girl?

Ok.Thank you. Just a little bit longer.More hair over his forehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorenco