Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, no idea why ANC site is down.
rbbm
http://6abc.com/archive/6158232/
May 21, 2008

So Bender, who has an 85% clearance rate in helping authorities solve homicides, decided to draw a sketch. A sketch of what this child may have looked like if he was being raised as a girl. Bender is co-founder of the Vidocq Society. A book on his life's accomplishments has just been released by Random House. His colleagues say his theory is not out of the realm of possibilities. "I've been friends with frank for 30 years. Never discount his intuition and his inner sight," said Vidocq Society commissioner Bill Fleisher. Bill Kelly, now retired, is one of the original investigators on the case. "I would not rule it out. I mean not even for a moment," he said.

Kelly said back in 1957 and 1958, renditions of the child as a girl by a West Coast artist were briefly published in newspaper accounts, but they produced no leads.

He thinks Bender's new rendition may be the clue they've been looking for:

"If he told me to get on the ledge and see if I could fly across the street, I would give it a shot. I would go flying down, but that's how much confidence i have in him, in his forensic knowledge."

Hopefully they will get the website up soon again.It's a very good website to help Identify him.

Probably already posted, refresher..
https://www.amazon.com/Susquehanna-Road-Bristow-Philadelphia-Investigators/dp/1468102206
[h=1]Susquehanna Road: How Rem Bristow, Bill Kelly, and a Myriad Group of Philadelphia Investigators Solved the Cold Case of the Boy in the Box Paperback – December 17, 2011[/h]
by William H. Kelly (Author)
This is the gripping, true story about the infamous Boy in the Box case as told through Bill Kelly, the last of the original investigators. Assigned to take prints on the boy - found nude, beaten, and inside a J.C. Penney bassinet box - on February 26, 1957, all concerned felt that the case would surely be solved within a few days. It wasn't. Bill Kelly, along with his sidekick, Remington "Rem" Bristow, the famed Philadelphia Medical Examiner investigator, searched for decades to solve this case. After Bristow's passing in 1993, Kelly continued the search for answers until he finally found that clue of clues: "M," the little, unknown boy's adopted sister who told the grim story of it all.

I made a Face book page for the unidentified John Doe man found April 8th 1957 in Delaware River near Fort Mifflin .Please like and share his page.I'd like to see if he is related or connected to the boy in the box.It was 2 months apart in the same county and same medical examiners office? I honestly think this is just too close not to check.My heart went out to this man.He really did not get much attention.Maybe we can help to Identify him too.

https://www.facebook.com/Unidentifi...n-Philadelphia-116167622298207/?ref=bookmarks

WOW I please need help with finding out more information on this unidentified man found in Philadelphia April 8th 1957.I'm trying to connect this to the boy in the box.I'm thinking this man may be his father or a relative.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/1662

I made a Face book page for the unidentified John Doe man found April 8th 1957 in Delaware River near Fort Mifflin .Please like and share his page.I'd like to see if he is related or connected to the boy in the box.It was 2 months apart in the same county and same medical examiners office? I honestly think this is just too close not to check.My heart went out to this man.He really did not get much attention.Maybe we can help to Identify him too.

https://www.facebook.com/Unidentifi...n-Philadelphia-116167622298207/?ref=bookmarks

This man must have been in a fire at some time in his life. I can't imagine why they would describe the scars that way if it wasn't a fire. You would think he would stand out for that reason.

This is why I feel this unidentified man found April 8 1957 near Mifflin Philadelphia could be related and connected to the unidentified boy in the box found February 25th 1957 in Fox Chase Philadelphia .

There were 3 leads and informants that saw a man and a boy together.

1. Unidentified Bus Passenger - In March 1957, a woman amateur artist identified the body in the morgue as the same boy she had seen sleeping in a man's arms on a bus running from Philadelphia to southern New Jersey. The pair had boarded the bus in Camden, she said. The woman submitted a sketch she'd made of the man, but the investigators weren't able to verify her story.

The sketch she drew of the man she saw looks about 40or 50 years of age to me.The unidentified man was about 40 or 50 years old.

2.Unidentified Delaware Informant - In March 1957, a waitress in Wilmington, Delaware identified the child from a circular as one she had seen several months before walking past the place where she worked, hand in hand with a man who was talking about catching a train for Philadelphia. The woman's testimony could not be corroborated.

3.Unidentified New Jersey Informant - In March 1957, the woman night manager of a restaurant in Camden, N.J., directly across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, called to say she had seen the murder victim in the restaurant on two occasions in February. She said that the boy was accompanied by a man of about 40 . . . red-faced, sloppily dressed. The little boy said he wanted to talk to his 'Mommy' on the telephone, so the man placed a long distance call to Baltimore. Investigators could find no other witnesses who saw the unidentified man and boy at the Camden restaurant, and a check of telephone records disclosed that there had been no long distance calls to Baltimore made during the period mentioned by the woman in her report to police. The lead was eventually dismissed as unsubstantiated and unverifiable.

I do think they are related and connected somehow.The unidentified man found April 8 1957 was said to be badly decomposed.I feel that would put him in the same time frame the boy in the box was found.I do please want this looked into and they are compared to each other.

Ms Suzanne, thank you for all the hard work and dedication to this precious unknown child. I know you are on to some very interesting leads and I feel in my heart you are going to give this child back his name and identity. I have faith and hope. [emoji172]⚾️[emoji172][emoji517]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This man must have been in a fire at some time in his life. I can't imagine why they would describe the scars that way if it wasn't a fire. You would think he would stand out for that reason.

Could be an industrial accident or a chemical burn, or an auto accident (face through windshield in the days before safety glass).

Thank You. :hug:
Ms Suzanne, thank you for all the hard work and dedication to this precious unknown child. I know you are on to some very interesting leads and I feel in my heart you are going to give this child back his name and identity. I have faith and hope. [emoji172]⚾️[emoji172][emoji517]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they ever release a cause of death for this poor angel? I looked around but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know?

I'm not sure what they were saying.I assume some kind of DNA testing?I don't know.I pray they do something.I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything at all about this.Any updates on this.
Did they state they were going to try to get a better sample than what they had? I really couldn't tell by this article what they were planning on doing, if anything.

Bumped up for him. :hug: I haven't heard anything new on him.Has anyone else?

Could be an industrial accident or a chemical burn, or an auto accident (face through windshield in the days before safety glass).

The injuries could also have been received during the war if he was of an age to have served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici