Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&amp]There is NO DOUBT in my mind if they put this little boys DNA privacy issues or not into ANCESTRY.COMDNA and other DNA data bases they WILL find out who this little boy is.I found out through ancestry.com who my real father was with DNA and a little in[/FONT][FONT=&amp]vestigation work when no one could tell me who he was.I know they will find out who he is.I hope and pray they will find some way around these privacy issues and do this for him.[/FONT]
Though I think it is worth a try to attempt family DNA matching for this poor little guy, there's no guarantee that if it matches that the family will recognize him or claim him. This was the case for Miss X. She matched families in VA and NC, and none of the family members contacted had any clue who she was. I believe she may have been adopted out by her birth-mother without the rest of the family's knowledge, and either the birth mother passed away before telling anyone about the child, or she refused to "out" herself.

Did they put Little Miss X's DNA in a DNA data base? which one? It would give them an idea where he came from.
Though I think it is worth a try to attempt family DNA matching for this poor little guy, there's no guarantee that if it matches that the family will recognize him or claim him. This was the case for Miss X. She matched families in VA and NC, and none of the family members contacted had any clue who she was. I believe she may have been adopted out by her birth-mother without the rest of the family's knowledge, and either the birth mother passed away before telling anyone about the child, or she refused to "out" herself.

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know if they are having a vigil for him this year in February.I could not go the last couple of years.I want to go this time coming up if they are having one for him.Please let me know if they are having one in February or when ok?

[/FONT]

Did they put Little Miss X's DNA in a DNA data base? which one? It would give them an idea where he came from.
I'm not sure if they ever said which family DNA site they used. They also didn't state how close the familial relationship was between Miss X and the people they contacted. I will see if I can find the article for you.

Yes please find the article for me.Thank You so much.
I'm not sure if they ever said which family DNA site they used. They also didn't state how close the familial relationship was between Miss X and the people they contacted. I will see if I can find the article for you.

Link to her thread and article. You really have to read the article

DE - Bear, WhtFem UP7097, 16-25, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67

Delaware officials look to Trenton in attempt to solve 1967 cold case
It was March 18, 1967. The woman, estimated to be in her late teens or early 20s, remains unidentified to this day. But authorities may be closer than ever to finally closing this cold case thanks to DNA technology — and an unusual clue that leads directly to the Trenton area.

The bag Jane Doe was found partially inside of was a laundry bag, marked as coming from American Laundry Dry Cleaning on 326 Perry Street, Trenton, New Jersey.

“That is the only piece of evidence we have to connect her to any geographic area other than Delaware,” said Hal Brown, Deputy Director of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory at Delaware’s state medical examiner’s office.

The woman’s connection to Trenton and the laundry, long since closed, remain unclear.

In late 2011, Brown’s search for additional evidence was rewarded, when the box was taken out of an evidence room and he found it had a vial of the woman’s blood inside it.
“Well, I was extremely excited because to me this represented the possibility of developing a DNA profile,” he said.

Though the blood had dried, Brown was able to take cells from it and found success in recovering DNA. By matching the information with genealogy websites, some of which were complete with genetic profiles put up by people seeking lost relatives, the medical examiner was able to contact relatives in Virginia and North Carolina on the mother’s side of Jane Doe’s family.

“They don’t know how they’re related, but they’re related biologically,” Brown said.
So far, the family members have been no help in securing an ID.

I hope they will put his DNA in some genealogy banks to help find out who he is.If they can do it for Miss X then I feel there is no reason they can't do it for this little boy too.

The links are posts #1326 and #1326, on page 88 so you won't have to scroll back to far.
I'm all for submitting his DNA for ancestry/familial matching, but I'm just saying it may not have the desired results. It's not certain that it will match, and should it match to families, they still may not be able to identify him, like Miss X's didn't. I certainly couldn't hurt to try, though.

I think they need to look a little bit harder with Miss X .Sooner or later a closer DNA relative match will come in.It did with mine.A first cousin match with me.Yes,but it will point by DNA to a family and give LE an idea where he came from.I put my DNA in 3 different DNA genealogy data banks.I found out who my real father was with my own DNA when no one could tell me who he was.There is no doubt in my mind with his DNA in these data bases and a lot of investigative work they WILL find out who he is.DNA is powerful.
The links are posts #1326 and #1326, on page 88 so you won't have to scroll back to far.
I'm all for submitting his DNA for ancestry/familial matching, but I'm just saying it may not have the desired results. It's not certain that it will match, and should it match to families, they still may not be able to identify him, like Miss X's didn't. I certainly couldn't hurt to try, though.

I think they need to look a little bit harder with Miss X .Sooner or later a closer DNA relative match will come in.It did with mine.A first cousin match with me.Yes,but it will point by DNA to a family and give LE an idea where he came from.I put my DNA in 3 different DNA genealogy data banks.I found out who my real father was with my own DNA when no one could tell me who he was.There is no doubt in my mind with his DNA in these data bases and a lot of investigative work they WILL find out who he is.DNA is powerful.

That's a good point. I wonder if they left her profile up for future matches? I don't know how that works, though.

[FONT=&quot]Happy New Year sweet little boy.I pray in Jesus's name this new year 2017 we will find out your real name and give it to you.[/FONT]

Bumped up for him :bump: :hug:. Any news of this little boy?

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know if they are going to have a vigil for the boy in the box this year in February or can please find out? I would really like to visit him.[/FONT]

Any new news on him? This is very sad.
QUOTE=Ms Suzanne;13092682]Bumped up for him :bump: :hug:. Any news of this little boy?[/QUOTE]

[FONT=&amp][/FONT]https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=39148015
attachment.php

Birth:
unknown
Death: Feb., 1957
trans.gif

The "Boy in the Box" some times "The Fox Chase Boy" and "America's Unknown Child" is the name given to an unidentified murder victim, approximately 4 to 6 years old, whose naked, battered body was found in a cardboard box in the Fox Chase section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on February 25, 1957. He is also commonly called "America's Unknown Child".

The boy's body, wrapped in a plaid blanket, was found in a cardboard box that once contained a baby's bassinet from J.C. Penney.

Attachments

• 39148015_1428462536.jpg
    39148015_1428462536.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 142
With everyone doing their own DNA with sites like DNA 32 and me and Ancestry, I wonder if LE can find relatives to the boy that way.

Possibly already suggested.
http://www.nampn.org/cases/damman_steven.html
Steven Craig Damman

damman_steven.jpeg

Above Images: Damman

Missing Since: October 31, 1955 from East Meadow, Nassau County, New York

I suppose it's possible he was ruled out a long time ago when this little guy was first found, but we'd never know. Steven's DNA profile is listed as submitted/not complete, so it couldn't hurt to send something off and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53