UNSOLVED PA - Philadelphia, Female Skeletal Remains in Suitcase, Jul'18

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
An investigation is underway after human remains were found in a suitcase in Southwest Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.

A passerby made the grisly discovery around 4:15 p.m. on the 2700 block of Ruby Terrace.

Detectives say a manager and housing police at a nearby housing development noticed a strong odor and saw maggots coming from a 2 feet by 2 feet suitcase. They then discovered the remains of an unidentified woman inside.
Human Remains Found in Suitcase in Southwest Philadelphia

Housing authority police made the discovery after neighbors complained of an odor coming from a dumpster.

Philadelphia Police Lt. John Walker said it appears to be the partially decomposed body of a woman and the body appears to be intact.

Maggots were found on the suitcase.

Police said trash pickup was Monday so they think the suitcase was left there.
Video at link shows the suitcase: Human remains found in suitcase in Southwest Philly

Several photos of the scene: Skeletal remains found in suitcase on Philadelphia street

Oh god, how awful. Nothing good is going to come from this. I hope she can be identified.

Do we have any mispers in the area that may fit?

I bumped a few threads yesterday but there are so many missing in Philadelphia it's hard to narrow it down. Philly PD posts the missing on their site here: Philly Police Blog | Missing Persons
Many are updated found soon after being posted but there are lots of unresolved cases :(

I don’t know. There are suitcases and there are big suitcaes. And it’s no hard case suitcase, so I guess with some force, anything is possible. After seeing the body bag pictures, I thought this is not a small woman.
View attachment 139176View attachment 139175

You may be right, I think they wrapped up the entire suitcase several times with a tarp. Here is one that shows the suitsace by the dumpster before they covered it:
dixon-616792-e-wp-content-uploads-2018-07-1229246_3c233cd6bd09233.jpg

Skeletal remains found in suitcase on Philadelphia street

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52