Estimated PMI 30 Minutes
Height 5' 4"-5' 9"(64-69 inches) , Estimated
Weight 142-150 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances

Date Body Found May 15, 2023
NamUs Case Created May 18, 2023

Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19133
County Philadelphia County

Circumstances of Recovery Was found lying in the middle of the street with injuries. Taken to Temple University Hospital.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Dark brown curley 6 inches

Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown

No Tattoos

POSTMORTEM WARNING! Slightly graphic. Blood in mouth and black eye.
I said I wouldn’t post another Doe today but here’s a bonus since I guarantee at least 1 John, 1 Jane, and 1 unsure every other day, with some bonus ones. I’m trying to get as many Does some spotlight so that they can be identified. I’m trying to get them identified as fast as possible. Doing my 2 cents, I will also do the searchy searchy matchy matchy. :)

On May 15, 2023, a young male was lying in the middle of the street with injuries. He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The decedent was Hispanic and Asian, estimated to be in his twenties, about 5’6” (168 cm) and about 145 pounds (66 kg).

He had dark brown hair, curly and about 6 inches long and brown eyes.

He has no tattoos.

People who've been beaten to death don't look that good. That black eye looks old to me. The blood in the mouth makes me think he died due to internal injuries - or aspirated on blood from internal injuries. Seems like hit by a car to me, I expect he'll be identified soon once he's definitively missed by someone.

People who've been beaten to death don't look that good. That black eye looks old to me. The blood in the mouth makes me think he died due to internal injuries - or aspirated on blood from internal injuries. Seems like hit by a car to me, I expect he'll be identified soon once he's definitively missed by someone.
Now that I look at it again it does look like a hit and run accident or a ped hit by a car while crossing.

Mateo Luis Cobo Zevallos? 5’9”, 190 (heavier than John Doe but could be an estimate from his family, 21 years old, went missing May 5 from Virginia.

B4705270-4C44-4839-B7DF-5DB8532E2636.jpeg
DB03A15A-632B-43C6-87B0-7ED81EA2329B.jpeg

Mateo Luis Cobo Zevallos? 5’9”, 190 (heavier than John Doe but could be an estimate from his family, 21 years old, went missing May 5 from Virginia.

View attachment 426363
They found Mateo's body.

I would say not to put too much weight into the blood visible in his mouth with respect to COD. Since he was brought to hospital they likely attempted resus efforts including CPR, intubation, etc. Coughing post-CPR (if they ever got ROSC and then lost it later) or scratching his throat/knocking out a tooth with the ET tube (which is not ideal but does happen) could also bring blood into his mouth.

I would say not to put too much weight into the blood visible in his mouth with respect to COD. Since he was brought to hospital they likely attempted resus efforts including CPR, intubation, etc. Coughing post-CPR (if they ever got ROSC and then lost it later) or scratching his throat/knocking out a tooth with the ET tube (which is not ideal but does happen) could also bring blood into his mouth.
yeah someone told me that ET training dummies have teeth that flip back or snap off because if you do enough intubations you will knock some teeth out.

The solace in this situation, of course, being that if I need to be tubed I'll have bigger things to worry about than teeth.

yeah someone told me that ET training dummies have teeth that flip back or snap off because if you do enough intubations you will knock some teeth out.

The solace in this situation, of course, being that if I need to be tubed I'll have bigger things to worry about than teeth.
So you’re thinking since he was found in the middle of the street unresponsive the blood in his mouth is possibly from life saving measures? I was thinking if he got hit by a car he was coughing up blood as a result of his injuries. I can see both being the case, I definitely have bigger problems than a tooth or two being knocked out if I’m being tubed.

So you’re thinking since he was found in the middle of the street unresponsive the blood in his mouth is possibly from life saving measures? I was thinking if he got hit by a car he was coughing up blood as a result of his injuries. I can see both being the case, I definitely have bigger problems than a tooth or two being knocked out if I’m being tubed.
oh, I'm totally not sure. I was just supporting bombardier's statement that the blood might be misleading.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back