Resolved PA - Philadelphia, WhtFem 25-46, UP73376, wrapped in plastic in tupperware bin, tattoo, Jul'20 - namus removed

image-3.png

Summary of identifiers:

• woman’s body; appears to be that of a black woman
  • age and ethnicity remains unknown
  • smelled something foul; body was not badly decomposed
  • stuffed inside and tightly wrapped in cellophane
  • tattoo located on the victim's left upper back shows a rose and the words "R.I.P. Jazzy 5-11-08"
  • wearing a gold necklace and an ace bandage on her right arm
  • wearing a green Forever 21 tank top, a black sports bra, multi-colored leggings
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Karen went missing from Trenton, NJ in Nov. 2019. Her profile states that there have been sightings of her but none reported in 2020. I wonder where she's been? Anyways, does anyone else besides me see that this necklace she's wearing looks similar to the one found with this victim? Is she a fan of pearly jewelry? Is it possible she knows "Jassy"?
Original

image-3.png

Jessie looks like a definite possibility; an unknown tattoo on the chest is pretty vague.

Karen's location and timeline are good. Trenton NJ to Phillie is about 45 minutes via public transportation, according to Google. The necklace is certainly similar in style if not in detail.

From the photo it appears as though this is a pretty populated/congested area. I can't believe no one saw anything while they were tugging at this tote. o_O <modsnip: Removed rumor>

Detectives went door-to-door around 31st and Wharton looking for surveillance video. Multiple cameras are mounted in the area.
Woman's body found in plastic container in Philadelphia's Grays Ferry section

People don't talk here. That's a rough neck of the woods.

We've also had the poor man who was identified who was wrapped in plastic wrap.

Love, love my city, but it is filthy. Unless that bin was up on your dang step you may not notice. Plus trash has been way behind but as mentioned catching up within a day.

Bless this poor woman.Somebody loves her. She is someone's daughter. Maybe sister or a mom.

Last edited by a moderator:
3000 Wharton is at the intersection of Wharton and S 30th St.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

When I was younger they called up that way "the dirty thirties".

Just recalled that. Sadly it won't help this lady. Haven't been up there in 30 years, but it was a mixed neighborhood, and the fighting was awful, and constant. Someone mentioned I think this could be a Latina? It was and maybe not now but primarily African Americans and Irish. Still she could be Latina?

<modsnip>

Just giving a feel to the kind of neighborhood we are dealing with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or does that look more like jossy, maybe a Joslyn?

Thought the same thing.

Just combed through tons of stuff when it hit me. Is nobody to ID this poor woman because she is from Mexico? Alone. Sent for unsavory reasons? I mentioned not too many Latino's or Hispanic's in Grays Ferry, but I'm losing it. It's still South Philly and other parts of South Philly have a HUGE Mexican population! A few years back a brothel got busted up in Norristown and South Philly and I'm fairy sure Mexican women were held aganst their will.

Dear Universe, God, Baba, Blessed Mother, and all angels and Saints please let this woman be identified.

It’s said that the woman appeared to be African American but there’s a lot of conflicting data
I hate even suggesting this but could the remains be of Linda Stoltzfoos? If my mapping is correct this is only about an hour from where she went missing about three weeks ago. It seems unlikely given that they found her clothing buried in a wooded area. Who knows what that sicko did with her remains. :mad:

ACTIVE SEARCH - PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

It’s said that the woman appeared to be African American but there’s a lot of conflicting data
  • O

JMO, but I highly doubt poor Linda had ink. This woman is said to have a tat. Then again? Actually I wonder if a tattoo artist could approximate dates you were inked according to color etc.

Prayers for Linda, and her family and this as of now unknown woman, and a family missing her.

I'm thinking that the person that wrapped her in cling wrap might work in a restaurant.
There are much larger rolls of plastic film to cover and not run out sold to restaurant supply. I would think you would need more than one box for home use to wrap a body tightly.
What do I know?

I'm thinking that the person that wrapped her in cling wrap might work in a restaurant.
There are much larger rolls of plastic film to cover and not run out sold to restaurant supply. I would think you would need more than one box for home use to wrap a body tightly.
What do I know?

Restaurant, school or hospital cafeteria, catering place, anything along those lines. Yeah.

Checked Ancestry...

One Jasmine was born and died on 5/11/08.

Another Jasmine died on 5/11/08 and one girl with a middle name of Jazmine died on 5/11/08.
Thank you for looking that up! Is there a way to know if any of these Jasmines were from the Philly area? Any obituaries or ancestry lines which might list surviving relatives (mothers/sisters/etc.)? Are any of those women missing?

• O
What conflicting data? I'd love to read about it if you can you provide links. TIA

What do I know?

Restaurant, school or hospital cafeteria, catering place, anything along those lines. Yeah.

Furniture and electronics stores often use cling wrap to protect products when on display and/or during shipping.

What do I know?

Large/industrial size plastic wrap can be bought pretty much everywhere. Walmart, Home Depot, office supply stores, Amazon, etc, etc.

I did some searching. I found a little girl, Jessica Perez, who was sadly murdered by her father on 11th May ‘08. As far as I can see she is survived by her mother; Charity Van Leeuwen.
It’s probably not related - it happened in Utah - but thought I’d post it just incase.

Last edited:
I did some searching. I found a little girl, Jessica Perez, who was sadly murdered by her father on 5th May ‘08. As far as I can see she is survived by her mother; Charity Van Leeuwen.
It’s probably not related - it happened in Utah - but thought I’d post it just incase.

Jessica A. Perez "Our Angel" Jessica A. Perez was tragically taken from us, her family May 11, 2008. We will miss our angel.She was born May 3, 2007, to Charity Ann Van Leeuwen. She had a very short life to bless all she touched.
Jessica Perez - Obituary

View Jessica Perez's Obituary and express your condolences

I did some searching. I found a little girl, Jessica Perez, who was sadly murdered by her father on 11th May ‘08. As far as I can see she is survived by her mother; Charity Van Leeuwen.

Hi and welcome. Are you sure your post landed in the right thread? This one is about an unidentified woman found in Philly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back