PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post, so bear with me if it's in the wrong spot. With all the attention at the moment on the Jerry Sandusky molestation case, I decided to read the Grand Jury Report for myself.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

Anyway, further down in the Grand Jury Report I saw a name which looked familiar - Ray Gricar - and I remembered a show on ID in which Ray Gricar was missing and there was a lot of drama surrounding what possible content might be on his hard drive which he (or someone) tried so hard to get rid of immediately prior to his disappearance. Ray had been the Centre County District Attorney at the time of Sandusky's first investigation and he was the one who dropped the charges.

I am now wondering if Ray possibly knew more about the Penn State case or if that is somehow related to his disappearance.

Any thoughts? Please feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong spot. Thanks

Bellaneph, welcome to Websleuths! And what a great first post... I wasn't aware of the connection but now I'll have to go read about it.

:welcome:

Oh now I remember that! As soon as I googled his name and read about the laptop with no hard-drive, it rang a bell. Hmmm...

This is my first post, so bear with me if it's in the wrong spot. With all the attention at the moment on the Jerry Sandusky molestation case, I decided to read the Grand Jury Report for myself.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

Anyway, further down in the Grand Jury Report I saw a name which looked familiar - Ray Gricar - and I remembered a show on ID in which Ray Gricar was missing and there was a lot of drama surrounding what possible content might be on his hard drive which he (or someone) tried so hard to get rid of immediately prior to his disappearance. Ray had been the Centre County District Attorney at the time of Sandusky's first investigation and he was the one who dropped the charges.

I am now wondering if Ray possibly knew more about the Penn State case or if that is somehow related to his disappearance.

Any thoughts? Please feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong spot. Thanks

I think we are all asking that question. The evidence that RFG had at the time was at least the same as the grand jury had, in regard to Victim 6. They are had a potential second victim that could not testify before the grand jury.

That was on 4/18/05, near a shopping/motel area, Highland Avenue in Wilkes-Barre. It was at a bar/restaurant.

I think you mean Highland Park Blvd in Wilkes-Barre. That is where the Penguin's Arena is located and within walking distance of Fullington Tours, a bus line.

They currently have a regular bus schedule that picks up in Lewisburg.

The question to ask is what was their schedule the day of RFGs disappearance.

I'm sure all of the things listed below are buried somewhere in the threads, but I was reading earlier this morning about this case.

I believe he was staging his disappearance for quite some time, yet staged it to look like a suicide b/c of the financial benefit for his daughter.

- presumed money missing (he should have had more somewhere, right?)
- searching for how to wreck a hard drive
- when his hard drive was later found, it was so bad that no data could be recovered (even from experts who recovered data from the Columbia space shuttle)
- he announced ahead of time that he would not be seeking re-election in the 2005 election
- he stated in the meeting prior to his disappearance that he would "not be here" when a death penalty trial was being scheduled

Most of those points can be found in this thread or at JJ's links; the other stuff I read here: Ray Gricar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JJ:

The reports say that RFGs laptop was found near a bridge between Milton & Lewisburg.

There are two railroad bridges between Milton and Lewisburg. One is close to Milton, the other is close to Lewisburg.

Do we know which bridge?

Also, what was the exact location of RFG's car when found? What is the name of the antique shop or the address?

I think you mean Highland Park Blvd in Wilkes-Barre. That is where the Penguin's Arena is located and within walking distance of Fullington Tours, a bus line.

They currently have a regular bus schedule that picks up in Lewisburg.

The question to ask is what was their schedule the day of RFGs disappearance.

THANK YOU!

Do you know their schedule?

JJ:

The reports say that RFGs laptop was found near a bridge between Milton & Lewisburg.

There are two railroad bridges between Milton and Lewisburg. One is close to Milton, the other is close to Lewisburg.

Do we know which bridge?

Well, we have some photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/LookingforRay I think most of your questions are answered.

Also, what was the exact location of RFG's car when found? What is the name of the antique shop or the address?

I don't have a mailing address for the Street of Shops, but it is the north east corner of St. John's and Water Street.

JJ:

Do we know which bridge?

Do you have a link to the schedule?

wow,

graves dug in the night, coaches that won't quit, prosecutors who won't prosecute,

prosecutors gone missing, coaches fired,

foster children

fried hard drives....

they better start confiscating some computers...

This guy had a lot to lose..I smell murder and child *advertiser censored* all over this.

I also wanted to point out, for what it's worth, that according to Wiki, Ray's brother "disappeared" In May 1996 and his body was found a week later in the Miami River in Ohio. The authorities called it a suicide. IF Ray killed himself by jumping in a river, that's probably where he got the idea from. Has anyone tried looking for him in Ohio (or in the Miami River there for his body)?

I still find it very curious that Ray (or someone) went to an enormous lengths to ensure that hard drive was destroyed; obviously something was on there that either shouldn't have been on there or that incriminated himself or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517