GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

I'm afraid as soon as I read that she has a husband and that there had been violence in the past, I thought he's killed her. These cases happen way too often. (If that is indeed the case of course)

I am sorry to say that Rebecca's case seems to be such a classic case of domestic abuse...with all of the warning signals before the marriage...her family must have known, since he served time for it before they married, I wonder how/why she was able to still go through with it, as they soound extremely supportive and involved...if she has been found and this turns out to be what it appears to be, it shows, I guess, just how varied the victims of domestic abuse are and how some victims just are not able to break free. JMO

thanks coco... wow... some of the comments there are worth a read

I wonder how they found her body. Were they lead there? Will there be a presser today? :sigh:

I am so terribly sad for her students and her family. The anguish that they must be feeling. Prayers for them!

this link now saying it IS Rebecca:

State police have found the body of Rebecca Stahl, a sixth-grade math teacher who was reported missing this week in Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County.
The body was found in a wooded area of Unity Township shortly before 10:30 a.m. Friday. Police have not identified any suspects in her death.

Stahl, 37, was last seen Monday morning at the house on Seton View Drive where she lives with her husband, and she was reported missing by her father, police said.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/30517482/detail.html#ixzz1nJrBvVDO

to any of her family, friends or students reading here: my deepest condolences. I am so sorry for the loss of Rebecca.

Tragic. I'm so sad to hear this news. The FB comments state that she has a couple of stepchildren. So not only have her family and her students lost her, but her stepchildren have lost her as well.

Wishing peace to Rebecca, and all those who love her.

Special thoughts also for her students, who will be learning a lesson about domestic violence that no one should ever have to learn first hand, and especially at such a young age. :(

:rose:

WTAE has a suspect in custody for questioning!
I am listening to this station........
YES it is the missing teacher Mrs. Stahl and Yes husband is the HUSBAND!

My heart is just breaking. Rest in peace, sweet Rebecca. My deepest condolences to her friends, family, students and everyone who loved her.

:rose:

:rose: R.I.P. Mrs. Stahl :rose:

Since her students would call her Mrs. Stahl, I felt that this name sounded appropriate.

I too pray for her students as they come to understand these events. :cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux
Back