PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS 3) PHILADELPHIA Investigative Reporter Walt Hunter reports a missing couple that disappeared months ago from a Philadelphia bar is now the focus of a worldwide search by the Philadelphia Police and F.B.I.

The reward has reached $100-thousand for just information that will help locate the missing couple. If you have any information on their whereabouts, contact the F.B.I at 215-418-4000.

http://kyw.com/local/local_story_272230116.html

Thanks for the update, Paula. Interestingly, the end of the video clip:

KYW: FBI Aiding Worldwide Search For Missing Couple

states that the $100,000 reward is unique in that it does not require an arrest or a conviction to claim it; only information about where they are.

I wonder - is there a reason why they are now the subject of a world-wide search or is that the standard next step in a case like this one?

Still hoping, and thinking about Richard, Danielle, and their loved ones every day ... :(

JerseyGirl, that's a great link. In fact, I'd like to emphasize an important statement regarding the uniquely loose criteria for claiming the
$100,000 REWARD
the $100,000 reward is unique in that it does not require an arrest or a conviction to claim it; only information about where they are.
http://kyw.com/local/local_story_272230116.html

$100,000 REWARD (Easy to claim)

Wow....I still suspect the ex-husband...people who actually threaten are usually not nice people....you can lose your cool once but I think he threatened Richard more than once...
Here is another not so nice possibility....Could Richard have gotten upset, hurt Danielle and then left the country? Is that why the search is worldwide...I hope I am not hurting anyone's feelings as I know that is remote...the truck would have turned up by now....they disappeared without a trace....the ex -husband and he had help...I hope the 100,000 dollars loosens somebody's lips....

Hi kylie. I'm sure that any and all possibilities have been entertained in most of our minds by now. I have also felt badly at times suspecting that either Danielle or Richard could have harmed the other one. But I think that it's a natural suspicion, and any good LE agency will consider any and all possibilities, no matter how remote. I believe that certain possibilities are much more likely than others but since no one has any solid clues yet as to what happened, I think that it's good to bounce these ideas off of each other, and not to discount anything.

A thought that crossed my mind..........(since it is now a Worldwide search), is that maybe someone from overseas was hired, and that's why it's worldwide .............as they are seaching for this person...........seems crazy, but you never know.............maybe I too am watching too many police shows....................

Well, last night I watched this series again..............and during the commerical break, this time they showed a picture of Richard, asking, have you seen this person.............it was good to see them have his picture, and last week Danielle's on tv during the show.............too bad this wasn't able to happen more often...............it's been much too long............we need to find out something soon..........God Bless them both.

blue feather:
well, isn't the husband middle eastern?

i too think about thie case all the time... i can't imagine what it must be like for their loved ones, living in limbo, without answers...

reb said:
blue feather:
well, isn't the husband middle eastern?

i too think about thie case all the time... i can't imagine what it must be like for their loved ones, living in limbo, without answers...

I didn't know anything about the husband............what does that mean.....
........seriously................

well, just purely speculation........... the husband supposedly threatened his wife and richard on several occasions. and since this has turned into a worldwide investigation, i was wondering if he had any connections with shady characters NOT based inthe U.S., whom he may have hired to pull off the perfect crime......?

don't know exactly how "americanized" the guy is,, but in a certain countries, a woman standing up to her husband (or any other man)- or, giving attention to another man (even as friends)- is grounds for murder, or at least getting acid thrown in your face...

As far as I know, Joe Imbo is an Italian-American, born and raised in the United States. I'm under the impression that his family is American, even having some members in local law enforcement.

Bumping up.

Is this just it?

No new evidence, no new interviews? This can't happen. Someone knows where they are - and whoever it is, it's someone who knew them.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051023/NEWS01/510230341/1006
Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone were last seen leaving a bar on Philadelphia's South Street. Petrone's black 2001 Dodge Dakota has not been recovered.

Joseph Imbo said raising his and Danielle's son, Joseph III, has kept him from sinking too far into despair.

"I'm with my son every day -- it's a constant reminder," he said. "Everybody holds on to their piece of hope. You still have to go to work. You still have to pay your bills."

According to the Missing Persons Unit of the New Jersey State Police, there are about 1,515 people missing in the state, with about 340 in Gloucester, Burlington and Camden counties.

State Police Detecive Wanda Stojanov said some of the cases date back to the 1930s. She said a missing persons case is not closed until the individual turns 99.

"Basically, as long as there are leads, they are followed up on. Some of the older ones, when the leads dry out, there's nothing to investigate," said Stojanov.

As time passes and leads dry up, the faces of the missing become less and less visible in the media. Imbo's and Petrone's families have made it a point to keep their loved ones' faces in the media, hosting benefit concerts, organizing searches and creating elaborate, interactive Web sites.

In recent weeks, the case of 52-year-old Marianne DeMartin of Evesham has made headlines. DeMartin, a regional manager for an upscale women's clothing company, was last seen Sept. 23.

Authorities found all DeMartin's personal belongings, including her dog, intact. Her car was found a few miles from her home parked behind a Voorhees shopping center. Evesham Capt. Jeff Gural said police are reviewing footage from a surveillance tape that showed a man near DeMartin's car at the shopping center.

For DeMartin's family, the last month has been a nightmare.

"We haven't learned anything to speak of. We're letting the authorities work on it and they are working day and night," said DeMartin's father, Richard DeMartin. "It's tough, but we're OK."

Cheryl Jones' hope and despair hit her on a daily basis, even though three years have passed since her daughter, Tomiene Jones, then 19, was last seen in Penns Grove on April 17, 2002. Tomiene called a friend from her Harrison apartment early the next morning and was reported missing later in the day.

"It turned our life upside down," said Jones. "We're trying to hold on the best we can."

Jones said she doesn't go out much, but when she does, she looks for Tomiene among the living at supermarkets and the mall but also in roadside ditches or patches of woods.

Like Joseph Imbo, Cheryl Jones has a piece of Tomiene to look after in her granddaughter, 5-year-old Janiyah.

"She remembers her smell. She has a habit of smelling people," said Jones of her granddaughter. "She misses her. She cries. She'll cry for hours."

On the Camden County Sheriff's Department missing persons Web page, a picture of Marianne DeMartin is next to a faded photo of Nicholas Peter Zizzamia. On May 12, 1979, Zizzamia, 48, was seen leaving his parents' Cherry Hill home to go to Villanova University. He was never seen again.

Cherry Hill police Lt. Bill Kushina said his department has recently taken a look at many of its older cases, including Zizzamia's, but said it's difficult to keep them on the front burner.

"When you have some spare time, you take a look at them. We've recently been trying to get DNA from family members for missing persons," said Kushina. "It's difficult when they vanish into nowhere."
Reach Jason Nark at (856) 486-2473 or jnark@courierpostonline.com
Published: October 23. 2005 3:00AM if (!window.print) { document.write('
To print this article open the file menu and choose Print.
'); } else { window.print(); }

Hey Jersey girl,

How the hell are you? Thank you for all the continued you support.

People don't just go *poof*.

Either they were the victims of a completely freak accident on the way home (and I assume that every square inch has been searched repeatedly), or someone who knows them arranged for them to disappear.

Maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member