PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard this, but I doubt they'll find anything. I really don't think the truck is in the river. I think it was stripped.

Sometimes when cars are stripped, the remains go in a river or strip mine.

Well I had heard that someone is giving LE information, if you pm me I will tell you the rest, I really don't want to write it on here since it could be just rumors.

Well, that's hopeful. I would love for this case to get moving again and be resolved. I also tend to believe the car was stripped, because the police seem to have information it could have been a murder for hire. There was also alot of discussion earlier about how/where the car could even get into the river.

I heard this was on Vanished! with Beth Twitty last night. Did any one see the episode?

Yes, it is on Vanished on Lifetime. I watched it. Its so sad, and these family's need closure.

Happy ending to Tammy Jordan case but others from the county still missing

The case of Tamela "Tammy" Jordan's disappearance remained open for nearly 10 years. No matter how cold the trail went, the search never ended and police continued to publicize the Burlington Township teenager's disappearance in hopes of finding a fresh lead or clue to her whereabouts.

[snip]

But others remain missing.

[snip]

Danielle Imbo, 34, of Mount Laurel was last seen shortly before midnight Feb. 19, 2005, leaving a nightclub on Philadelphia's South Street with her friend Richard Petrone, 35, of Philadelphia. The pair were reported missing the next day by their respective families after they both failed to answer their cellphones.

Petrone was supposed to drive Imbo back to her Dunbarton Road condominium in Mount Laurel, but police said they never made it. Review of tapes at multiple Delaware River bridges turned up no evidence that Petrone's black Dodge Dakota ever crossed into New Jersey. The vehicle has never been located and the pair's bank and credit card accounts and cellphones never have been accessed.

While the two had dated in the past, they were just friends at the time of the disappearance. Both Imbo and Petrone had children from previous relationships. The FBI has said they suspect the pair were murdered.

More: http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loc...cle_bfd48c3a-3667-544f-b5b3-1d61bc4918ec.html

"....When South Jersey couple Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone vanished from South Street in February 2005, rumors circulated that Carey was the hit man who made them disappear...."

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loc...__he_cheated_justice__by_hanging_himself.html

Interesting article, this guy just killed himself while in jail, I wonder if he really was involved in a hit on Danielle and Richard.

The link above no longer works but this link has a summary of the case including the information about Carey...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf... to Petrone & Imbo? - a News & Politics video

Note: click the blue bar on top if the video does not encode...

Where are you, Danielle and Richard? Who is finally going to give up the goods? Someone knows the truth and I believe they are scared for their own lives. Sometimes I wish the truck would show up in a river or lake or somewhere obscure...and it was an accident of some kind. I pray that their families and friends find out what happened to these sweet kids soon. \

Might this situation be related to the Imbo/Petrone case?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news%2Fcrime&id=8465741

Police have recovered over 80 vehicles they say are tied to the two suspects, though they believe the pair of brothers could be behind up to 300 car thefts.

Wanting to leave no witnesses, did these brothers abduct Danielle and Richard for the sake of stealing Richard's vehicle?

Despite extensive searches, Richard's 2001 four-door Dodge Dakota pickup has also not been located.

Chop-shop material?

Police say the cars mostly were stolen from parking lots or streets in various sections of the city including Northeast, Northwest, Center City, and South Philadelphia.

That includes 4th & South Street, the last known area in which the couple was last seen.

The brothers allegedly operated out of the garages of their homes.

"Their normal method of operation is they will steal the car, take it to one of their two houses, get it in the garage; they saw off the catalytic converter, start the car, remove the battery, and dump the car. Most of them were dumped in the lower northeast section of the city," Captain Ditchkofsky said.

Police say there could be other suspects out there.

The investigation continues.

What if, in 2005 the brothers sold whole vehicles .. simply painted and de-VIN'd?

I wouldn't be surprised if LE determined these brothers (and/or their co-horts) had committed murder.

This disappearance fascinates me like it does all of us. Each time I see an update, I keep hoping that there will be some new information, and possibly a resolution to this case. I do think that the guy who killed himself (Carey), is responsible, and that Danielle's husband was at the bottom of it, and hope we will know conclusively some day. But I'm still waiting to find out what happened to little Kathy Shea from Tyrone Pa almost 50 years ago! She was 6 years old, walking to school, and disappeared-no trace at all of remains, witnesses or other clues-a little like this case, although I'm sure the motive was not the same.

:bump:

Bumping for Danielle and Richard. My heart goes out to their children, family members, and loved ones. It's hard to believe that it's already been 7½ years since they vanished. :(

Aw, thanks for bumping. I had never heard of this case. I pray they will be found soon and the person(s) responsible for this will be brought to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member